5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is it just me??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:23 AM

Is it just me??

Just venting a little bit here. I don't know about you, but when I park in a lot somewhere, I park as far as possible. 9 times out of 10 someone will park next to me even though there are tons of spots left in the parking lot. I am sure I am not the only one who parks away from everyone else's car, but people who don't care about there car wont care if they bang your car up.

Does this happen to anyone else or am I crazy??
Old 12-16-2004, 10:31 AM
The Ultimate Driving Machine

no youre not crazy... when id drive my fathers bmw id park as far away as possible and there would always be somebody next to me when i got out, i think they just try to **** me off
Old 12-16-2004, 10:34 AM

Yeah. I know people do that on purpose just to **** me off. My doors have been dented, bumper dents, scratches...
Old 12-16-2004, 10:35 AM

Nope, not just you. This just happened to me (yet again) about 15-20 minutes ago in a strip mall lot. I'm not exaggerating when I estimate "there were at least 30 spots between me and the next closest car." Came out of a store, walked the distance out to my car and sure as s*** there was a pickup in a slot right next to me. Why this person could not give me at least one empty space of clearance I don't know. Some deep-rooted human characteristic to "cluster" I assume. Pisses me off every time.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:38 AM

I will never park next to a beat-up POS because I don't think they care if they hit my car or not.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:46 AM

Sometimes people will park next to me like that just to protect their car since they realize I've parked there to protect my car and they figure I'll do the same, at least on one side, for their car. And other times people just want to mess with me, I'm sure of that.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:48 AM

thats why i always park on the end or near one of those cart things so i know im protected on at least one side
Old 12-16-2004, 10:56 AM

I can't park next to those cart things, they scare the hell out of. I know some careless AHOLE will end up hitting my car.

One time I had some ******* park next to me and try to put his bike in his backseat on the driver side. On the passenger side there was no car, but this guys decides to come on the side where I am parked.

I was about 2 seconds from strangling him and ghost riding his bike down a mountain. Just thinking about it makes my blood boil.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:57 AM

park closer to the passenger side of a car rather than the driver side...why you ask, more than likely, well at least here in Los Angeles, people dont car pool and its only one person in the car, that way if theres no passenger on the left side, the person parked on the right of you would have plenty of room to open the door, but more than likely their on a cell phone and dont give a crap about anything anyway.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:44 AM

Haha, I hate that..But I too park my car far away, so far so good, no one really parks next to me, unless the lot is full. However, I do park closer sometimes if I see an empty spot inbetween two nice cars...Like a BMW 7series and a MB S500...cause they aren't gonna hit my car.. .lol (or park next to anyone that seems to really care for their car)..
Old 12-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nismo3point5
I will never park next to a beat-up POS because I don't think they care if they hit my car or not.
Great thread! I do the same thing and sure enough some tool is parked right up next to me. Now that I drive a sh!tbox, I can park in the third spot and come out to find spots on either side! I think people just feel comfortable parking next to nicer cars!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Punjab_Max
Haha, I hate that..But I too park my car far away, so far so good, no one really parks next to me, unless the lot is full. However, I do park closer sometimes if I see an empty spot inbetween two nice cars...Like a BMW 7series and a MB S500...cause they aren't gonna hit my car.. .lol (or park next to anyone that seems to really care for their car)..
I'd park between an S-class an a 7-series just to look cool...but I digress...I have hundreds (slight exagerration) of door dings, and I wonder how I get em...I also have a FAT scratch from where someone KEYED my car....mother****ers!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:56 PM

If I have no choice I at least try and find two nice cars to park between. My luck one of the nice cars leave and some clunker crap hog junker parks next to me.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:38 PM

this has to be one of the most frustrating things to have to deal with you go through all this trouble to keep your car nice and take care of it and then so one with the worlds most beat up car parks next to you it has happend countless times to me it has to be the most anyoing thing they should make special spots in parking lots for pos cars and then the nice cars can park where ever they want b/c you know that if you have a nice car you will respect other people with nice cars
Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Carry a sledge hammer, and exact some justice when you have been violated...
Old 12-16-2004, 04:59 PM

Don't get me started!!!

I park next to the handicap spots. Here in Atlantic Canada, these spots are so huge and nobody uses them. I pull up as close as I can to them which leaves plenty of room on the other side.

What really pisses me off is people that don't return their shopping carts to the cart corral. Once on a windy day, I chased down a cart that was heading for my car. I caught up to it just as it grazed the side of my car. I had just waxed my car and it seems to have helped. When I see someone leave their cart by their car, especially when others are parked around them, I feel like taking the cart and ramming it into their (usually) SUV.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:12 PM

The cart thing is getting worse. I remember when people used to actually take their carts back to the little corral but it seems like now people are either in too big of a rush, too lazy, or just don't care. I've almost run into several carts in open spaces between cars because some .... would leave the cart next to their car in a parking space and other cars would pull beside it so you couldn't see it. I'm waiting to hit one and damage a car... then we'll see if that little sign in the front of the store about "we're not liable for shopping carts" is valid (since its on their property and you can be sued if someone breaks into your home and then trips on a loose step...). But I digress...

My wife also parks WAY away from anything. It seems to help if you get so far away that you'll spend more time walking to the store than actually inside it. But people STILL park next to us in beaters!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:23 PM

holy crap i have that EXACT same problem! at school, i park WAY the hell away from everyone, and every day, there is a different stupid person parked RIGHT next to me, and there are only about 100 parking spaces all around me! gosh that pisses me off...even when i go to a place with a parking garage and im the only one on that level, when i get back to my car, somebody just happens to be parked next to me! ugh, i hate stupid people like that...i think they do it just to **** me off, haha. but yeah, i park at least 10 spaces away from the nearest car, wherever i go, and if i cant, then i just dont park, because these idiots just dont even care about other people's property
Old 12-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Bigger than Jesus

Yeah that happens to me all the time too. It drives me absolutely insane!! I hate people (not you guys though). They are the worst. OT...but it's the same thing when you are in a restaurant and want some privacy. Almost every booth in the place is empty but they have to come sit at the booth right behind you. I f'ing hate that!!
Old 12-17-2004, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by crispykid717
OT...but it's the same thing when you are in a restaurant and want some privacy. Almost every booth in the place is empty but they have to come sit at the booth right behind you. I f'ing hate that!!
I completely agree. It's worse when they're so loud you cant even hear yourself speak. It's also common courtesy to park one car in every other parking space when theres a row of empty spaces.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:50 AM

i have been in a parking lot and seen people push carts into cars as hard as they can. where i used to work(at a grocery store) i praked over 3 parking spaces(diagonal in a straight) and someone parked crooked next to me. the thing is there were 5 or 6 empty spots right up front.
-adam
Old 12-17-2004, 07:01 AM

Yup... my car is dinged up like crazy on the side.... most people don't really care how they open their doors these days it seems... I've also had a person leave me a nice scrape on my right side rear corner while they were parking.... of course, I've done that once to someone else with my Max too.... didn't mean to of course...
Old 12-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Banned

I've got about four dings per side with a nasty scratch on my back bumper. Oh ya, when my car was in the shop recently for an un-related fender bender, they found that my front bumper was broken under the license plate cover. They idiots around here obviously have no depth perception...