5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

*sigh* wrecked the maxima

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

*sigh* wrecked the maxima

Hello strangers and happy new year, I know I've been absent for a number of months since I moved to ATL, but i've been working working working

anyways...thursday night on my way home from work (I now work in clayton county and still live in gwinnett) I was on 285 heading to 85. I was at the lavista/tucker exit and driving in the far left lane. The white car/van/truck (as you can see i have no idea still what it was) veered into my lane and I ran into that little strip of "emergency lane" on the left side. When my tires hit those stipes that go down the emergency lane, I lost control of the steering and the car veered back into traffic, I then started to head towards the rear end of a car in the middle lane so in a panic i turned the wheel, that's where it gets bad

the car then veers toward the concrete divider head on, I hit it then slid down it god knows how far then somehow ended back in the middle of 285 pointing in the wrong direction

when I opened my eyes all three lanes of traffic were at a standstill, I was alive and the a$$hole who ran me off the road was gone.

both airbags deployed the hood is crumpled the driver's fender is bent, the bumper is gone, and the radiator is shot. I went to look at it this morning and I think it's gonna be totalled out since the frame is bent.

sooooo, if the car is totalled for sale will be:
berk midpipe and filter (hopefully, haven't looked under the hood yet)
sway bar
strut bar (i think havent opened the hood to see if it's bent)
rear clear corners
wood shift ****
sounddesign 200 watt amp
taillights
maxspeed springs around 15k on them
I also have Irotors cross/drilled rotors on the front and front axxis metal master brake pads with have 8,000 miles on them which I will let go for cheap

I also replaced my altenator in april so that is up for grabs also )and yes you have to leave yours in my car)

of course all items are as is and have been well loved and used. If you want the brakes and rotors you will have to replace them with yours lol. I still have the stock springs and taillights so those I won't worry about. The insurance adjuster hasn't seen the car yet so I have no idea if these items would be included in the price of the car if it is totalled out (nationwide insurance) so I want them to go to a home that will love them rather than a junkyard lol

as soon as I can take some pictures I will share them, I still am amazed that I'm alive, every time I think about it I realize that there could have been so many different outcomes, but I walked out of that car without a scratch and am only brusied from the airbag and seatbelt.

Thinking back, there were a lot of things that I did that were wrong, but when something like this happens all the knowledge goes out the window and you just try to stay alive

i'll post back after i hear from the adjuster
Old 01-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

sorry to hear about the accident. glad you're ok. as often heard on the Org . . . its just a car, so be thankful that you walked out of it.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:28 AM

yea glad to hear you walked out ok...
Old 01-09-2005, 08:36 AM

I'm sorry to hear that..... I hope you're alright.

~limsandy
Old 01-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Glad to hear that you're ok. It sure $ucks when any org member is involved in an accident. Hope you get a fair and generous settlement for the damage.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:40 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

Sorry to hear...welcome to the wrecked Max club.....
Old 01-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you're ok.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 PM

Wow!! Sounds like a scary ride. Glad that you are okay. You had a great looking Max. I hope that you come out okay with the insurance adjuster. Too bad someone didn't get the A-hole's license number so you could go after him for responsibility. Anyway, good luck on everything.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

damn that sucks... glad to hear you're ok

when i was 16, the same thing happened to me on I-4. i was driving my civic back to orlando from tampa and a mustang veered into my lane, hit those tire strips, lost control, did a 360, and ended up in the grass. i was lucky enough not to hit anything or anyone. i was on the section w/ no divider or guard rails and it was 3am... there was hardly anyone on the road.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:23 PM

damn, what kind of emergency stripes do yall have? they must be vicious...here in texas theyre just painted lines and there arent too many concrete dividers, just a bunch of grass separating the two directions...sorry to hear about the accident though, and im glad you're ok...i would have murdered that person if they did it to me...too bad you didnt get his liscense so he could be the one to be held responsible...good luck on the insurance claim!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:04 PM

damn another max accident....sorry to hear about what happen but hopes everything comes out well....