5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Removing the Governor

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:33 AM

Removing the Governor

Because I have the "need for speed" I want to know how to rid myself of the pesky governor that limits my car to 135mph.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:34 AM

must be impeached
Old 02-28-2005, 10:36 AM

How much faster do you think the car will go and where do you think you can safely drive at that speed? Do you have V-rated tires or better?
Old 02-28-2005, 10:44 AM

I haven't got V rated or better, yet. Driving safely at high speeds is not the issue. Honestly, I rarely go faster than 85-90 mph on the road. It's kinda like why people go out and buy a 200+ mph car when you can never safely use it, they get it just to have it. I want more speed just to have it, not nescessarily to use it, but the comfort of just simply having it.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Why are you always posting ridiculous questions?

IBTL
Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Banned

What? You mean you actually want to do like 150? OMFG! I've done it about four times in my car.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:50 AM

if you have the 16's, you will need the 3.0 ECU that was programmed with the 17's.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:51 AM

What is the fastest you have ever been in a car? Try going over 140 mph on a highway and you may never try it again, hence why remove the governor?

I wound my 95 SE (5-speed) out about 8 years ago on a 4-lanedivided highway in the middle of nowhere in the Interior of British Columbia at 8:00 in the morning. There wasn't a car in sight for miles and I was by myself with good tires on dry roads. My odometer only goes to 220 kmh and I took it about an inch off the end. I would estimate I was going 145 mph. I saw God twice and shut it down. That is the first and last time I will be doing that!

I suggest you wear Depends when you try it, lol!
Old 02-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kids
Old 02-28-2005, 11:07 AM

Why are you always posting ridiculous questions?
I have a right to ask what ever the hell I want. What may be ridiculous to you, may be something I really truly want to know.

What is the fastest you have ever been in a car? Try going over 140 mph on a highway and you may never try it again, hence why remove the governor?
Been there, quite enjoyed it actually, but I was going 130mph at 1 am in my eclipse. I wasn't scared ****less, nor was I worried about losing control. When you're going that fast, you can't afford to worry. Why remove the governor you ask? Read up. Just for the comfort of having the knowledge that my car will only be limited by me, not some dumb**** who regulates how fast a car should be allowed to go.

kids
Hmm... I may be younger than half the people on the forum, but I can say, in almost 19 years of life, I have been through and seen more than a lot of 50 year olds, so just because someone is young, doesn't mean jack.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rmurdoch

I wound my 95 SE (5-speed) out about 8 years ago on a 4-lanedivided highway in the middle of nowhere in the Interior of British Columbia at 8:00 in the morning. There wasn't a car in sight for miles and I was by myself with good tires on dry roads. My odometer only goes to 220 kmh and I took it about an inch off the end. I would estimate I was going 145 mph. I saw God twice and shut it down. That is the first and last time I will be doing that!

I suggest you wear Depends when you try it, lol!
Some people actually enjoy high speeds...I took my Z28 to 160mph a few times and after the second run I was *****in' that it wouldnt go faster. Furthermore, 170+ mph is still not enough for me on my bike
Old 02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
XGaSpAcHo

IBTL

Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by RacertilTheEnd
because I am .

Old 02-28-2005, 11:14 AM

Been there, quite enjoyed it actually, but I was going 130mph at 1 am in my eclipse. I wasn't scared ****less, nor was I worried about losing control. When you're going that fast, you can't afford to worry. Why remove the governor you ask? Read up. Just for the comfort of having the knowledge that my car will only be limited by me, not some dumb**** who regulates how fast a car should be allowed to go.
With all due respect, you sir, are an idiot. Between your street racing threads and stupid crap like this, I hope you get
Old 02-28-2005, 11:17 AM

Did I miss something? What can he get banned for?
Old 02-28-2005, 11:24 AM

Perhaps obnoxious behavior, lol!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:27 AM

With all due respect, you sir, are an idiot. Between your street racing threads and stupid crap like this, I hope you get 'banned'
I get *****ed at because I ask questions about my car in regards to speed? Oh thats hillarious. Please spare me the "holier than thou" attitude about speeding. You cannot honestly tell me that you don't have the desire to go faster, and that you haven't acted on it at least once. Why is it, that when someone asks about going faster, that they get crapped on by every body else in the forum? If that person wants to go fast, let them. It's their business. They're the ones who have to deal with the tickets, impound fees, jail time, and God forbid, guilt for hurting someone. It isn't on YOUR shoulders.

Some people actually enjoy high speeds...I took my Z28 to 160mph a few times and after the second run I was *****in' that it wouldnt go faster. Furthermore, 170+ mph is still not enough for me on my bike
Thank you. Finally someone who doesn't ***** at me for going fast, or asking how to go faster.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:31 AM
It's chrome alright...

Why is it, that when someone asks about going faster, that they get crapped on by every body else in the forum? If that person wants to go fast, let them. It's their business. They're the ones who have to deal with the tickets, impound fees, jail time, and God forbid, guilt for hurting someone. It isn't on YOUR shoulders.
Because my wife and kids are on the highway, too, and a-holes like you who think they can drive better than everyone else go whizzing past at 120mph and one day something bad might happen, and then it's NOT just for them to deal with.

Personally I call the cops on anyone going over about 90mph and report a reckless driver. I've seen more people get pulled over from doing that, and I giggle like a little girl every time
Thank you. Finally someone who doesn't ***** at me for going fast, or asking how to go faster.
edit: I def woudl have called the cops on him, and giggled when he got dragged away!!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Hmm... I may be younger than half the people on the forum, but I can say, in almost 19 years of life, I have been through and seen more than a lot of 50 year olds, so just because someone is young, doesn't mean jack.
Careful there sonny..... better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and prove everyone right.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:39 AM

I get *****ed at because I ask questions about my car in regards to speed? Oh thats hillarious. Please spare me the "holier than thou" attitude about speeding. You cannot honestly tell me that you don't have the desire to go faster, and that you haven't acted on it at least once. Why is it, that when someone asks about going faster, that they get crapped on by every body else in the forum? If that person wants to go fast, let them. It's their business. They're the ones who have to deal with the tickets, impound fees, jail time, and God forbid, guilt for hurting someone. It isn't on YOUR shoulders.
Are you really serious???? No I have to say I've never had the desire to go past 135 MPH. Sorry. I have more respect for myself and other human beings on the road.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:39 AM

I was just going to state the above, but actually the old saying goes more like: It is better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I wonder what the originator of this thread's girlfriend thinks about his driving habits?
My bad, based on the frustration I am sensing he doesn't have a girlfriend and enjoys @@@@@@@ with himself at high speeds, lol!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:41 AM

Because my wife and kids are on the highway, too, and a-holes like you who think they can drive better than everyone else go whizzing past at 120mph and one day something bad might happen, and then it's NOT just for them to deal with.
Do you think that I am flyin down the road at 130 mph every time I get on the road? If so, you are mistaken. If you read up, I said that I rarely go faster than 85-90mph. Cruising speed to me is 80mph. The two times that I have gone faster than 120mph was: a) my 2003 Eclipse GTS at 1 am with no other cars on the road and. b) I took my maxima to 125mph at 12am with no other cars on the road. I am not an idiot in regards to other people on the road. There is no way in hell that I would drive like that if there was more than just me on the road, I can deal with tickets, impounds, jail time and all that stuff, but having the guilt of hurting someone else is something that i do not want, and because of that, I made the conscious decision the day I got my license, that if I was going to push my car, I was going to push it with no one around.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:42 AM

I get *****ed at because I ask questions about my car in regards to speed? Oh thats hillarious.
You sound like the comic book guy.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 AM

I wonder what the originator of this thread's girlfriend thinks about his driving habits?
My bad, based on the frustration I am sensing he doesn't have a girlfriend and enjoys @@@@@@@ with himself at high speeds, lol!
Actually, my fiancee' enjoys high speed just as much as I do. She is actually workin on turning her '69 fairlane into a 600-700 hp street car.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:45 AM

You sound like the comic book guy.
....???? Huh? comic book guy? WTF
Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
retired moderator

I want more speed just to have it, not nescessarily to use it, but the comfort of just simply having it.
In case aliens are chasing him in their flying saucers....that extra 10mph will really help. Seriously, it's obvious this is just for "bragging rights"....so here's my suggestion: Just TELL you friends that you removed the governor and the car can do 150....how are they gonna prove you wrong if you only drive 80-90....

this thread = x 1 billion.

I don't think he should be banned or anything, but these gay threads have to stop.......
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM

Because I have the "need for speed" I want to know how to rid myself of the pesky governor that limits my car to 135mph.
I just went thru this whole thread and not one person answered his question. I guess I will. No I don't know how to remove the speed limiter. But I'll add if I did know how to; I would remove mine too.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:59 AM

I don't think he should be banned or anything
Wow, I feel kinda like Jesus before he got crucified.

"BAN HIM BAN HIM...blah blah blah"

No but seriously, Irish, you are partially right, it isn't for braggin rights, but it isn't because I am going to be flying even faster down the road. I haven't seen any flying saucers yet, so I really don't need the extra 15mph. I want it for my own comfort. In all honesty, I don't even plan on making my maxima insanely fast. I will be happy with 350hp. Because that is going to be the family car after I get hitched. So I don't want it to be too fast.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:59 AM

I just went thru this whole thread and not one person answered his question. I guess I will. No I don't know how to remove the speed limiter. But I'll add if I did know how to; I would remove mine too.
Thank you, I finally get an answer.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
XGaSpAcHo

unless you're racing for money or seriously competing there should be no reason for you to go any faster than 135. i say that for your own safety as well as the safety of others.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:04 PM

If you are planning on marrying someone who wants to turn a '69 Fairlane into a 600 - 700 hp street car, then all I can say is you deserve each other. I bet she likes to cook in her spare time, lol! Where are you going to live - with your parents or with hers!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:08 PM

yeah i finally got to the bottom of this thread, and everyone continually just ripped on him. i mean let the kid do what he wants, i see alot of people do some stuff alot worse and more pointless on here than wanting to remove a speed limiter, which is so basic anyways.... in most cars putting a chip in usually goes right after intake and exhaust as basic performance mods. but also going the other way, he didn't exactly do the best job of defending himself, he just said stupid things that made everyone rip into him more when he couldve either sucked it up or just made better statements than he did. but thats why i love the org!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow! I thought this was a car enthusiast board!? I enjoy speed and have hit the limiter on a number of midnight ocasions. I also used to have a Suzuki GSX-R1000 that had a limiter at 186MPH or 299KMH that I HAD to remove . I practise safe driving and rearly exceed 130KMH on the highway to work. I think there IS a time and place for speed. I also head to the racetrack for track days sometime, and removing the speed limiter would be esential there for competitive reasons. So if anyone has got an answer, that would be great! I would try calling Stillen .... Im sure they got an answer.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:12 PM

ok also if this kid is 18 and has a fiance who souping up an old car to get 700hp, thats just white trash to the max and prob the worst thing ive ever heard.....so i retract any part of my previous post defending him, and we should all just feel bad for him and get rid of this thread.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:14 PM

If I was living in Toronto I would only drive that fast to head west and not come back!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Won't an E-Manage, or the TS ECU get rid of it?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:35 PM

white trash
I don't really care if you rip on me, I know I say stupid stuff some times, but DO NOT rip of my fiancee'. Neither of us are white trash, and FYI I am a business major at a private college, my fiancee' is into graphic art design. I come from a very prestigious family. Oh and since when is soupin up an old muscle car considered white trash. My grandfather collects old muscle cars and hot rods. None of them are stock, all of them are running. He has 22 "white trash cars" and his current project is a 1972 Charger with a 440 and a six pack. he is going to take out the 440 and put in a 520, which is basically a bored 440. he is redoing the interior and exterior. And he is building another garage because his 26 car garage is too small now, so he needs a 40 car garage on top of the 26 car. Just to show you how WHITE TRASH me and my fiancee' are.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:41 PM

You shouldn't be skipping class today then. You might want to consider an English course as an elective.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:46 PM

You shouldn't be skipping class today then. You might want to consider an English course as an elective.
I can speak properly when the time is right. However, I choose not to speak with eloquence during informal conversation with fellow maxima compatriots.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 PM

I don't really care if you rip on me, I know I say stupid stuff some times, but DO NOT rip of my fiancee'. Neither of us are white trash, and FYI I am a business major at a private college, my fiancee' is into graphic art design. I come from a very prestigious family. Oh and since when is soupin up an old muscle car considered white trash. My grandfather collects old muscle cars and hot rods. None of them are stock, all of them are running. He has 22 "white trash cars" and his current project is a 1972 Charger with a 440 and a six pack. he is going to take out the 440 and put in a 520, which is basically a bored 440. he is redoing the interior and exterior. And he is building another garage because his 26 car garage is too small now, so he needs a 40 car garage on top of the 26 car. Just to show you how WHITE TRASH me and my fiancee' are.

dork.....

Quick Reply: Removing the Governor