5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Full leather interior for $350 :-)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 AM

Full leather interior for $350 :-)

Well, as i was saying before, i messed up my car a little by hitting a curb with my wheel adn that made me go to one of the local car dismatlers....

...make a long story short, besides the parts that i needed i noticed a 2001 GLX with a light grey leather interior in it. power and heated seats. once i saw them i realized that they better get into my max asap. so having my 2000 GXE with cloth deats i did not think twice before i was talking to the manager trying to figure out the price for the whole thing (seats, door panels). the poor noob wanted $600 for it at first but i tried to be a pain in the butt and he let them go for $350. $350 for front and back leather seats and all 4 door panels in an EXCELLENT condition. i have never been happier in my life. well sort of...
Old 03-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Nice find. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:21 AM

I would be so in on this if I could find this deal here in So Cal!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:26 AM

You sure can make some great finds at the local junk yards...Once the weather warms up here in the frikken northern tundra, I'll be taking a walk thru the boneyards...kind of relaxing ya know? :-)
Old 03-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Great find.

Great find. Until you try to install them & realize that the drivers seat wont work properly.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kevon1
Great find. Until you try to install them & realize that the drivers seat wont work properly.
yeah, but if you took into consideration that i am not some noob, you could assume that i had a high enough IQ to connect 12V to the seats.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

that's a good deal......for the price
Old 03-15-2005, 10:04 AM

i would say its a good deal also! good find
Old 03-15-2005, 10:54 AM

if you guys are looking for oe leather seats and door panels, check out

www.copartfinder.com

They can search for any part at any of their salvage yards. Check it out and let me know if it is helpful
Old 03-15-2005, 12:14 PM

Absolutely Correct

Originally Posted by FriscoMaxima
yeah, but if you took into consideration that i am not some noob, you could assume that i had a high enough IQ to connect 12V to the seats.
We started a thread a while ago about compatibility. I was disappointed that they wouldn't work but my mechanic who knows electricity absolutely got them to work. NO PROBLEMS. So it is competely correct that a 2001/2 leather heated seats will work with a cloth 2000. Electricity and heat for both seats.

What i didnt know was that i need switches which i got from dave b, let me know if u need the part#'s ~$50 apiece.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by rule da road
We started a thread a while ago about compatibility. I was disappointed that they wouldn't work but my mechanic who knows electricity absolutely got them to work. NO PROBLEMS. So it is competely correct that a 2001/2 leather heated seats will work with a cloth 2000. Electricity and heat for both seats.

What i didnt know was that i need switches which i got from dave b, let me know if u need the part#'s ~$50 apiece.
how did he get the driver side seat to work? what exactly did he do?
Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by myktek
how did he get the driver side seat to work? what exactly did he do?
just connect 12v to them...
Old 03-15-2005, 03:47 PM

Well...........

Originally Posted by FriscoMaxima
Some noob?? Your not here 3 months. You are a noob But besides the point I was only telling you what was told to me by two different Nissan master mechanics that the 2000 seats ran on a analog signal & that all years after was a digital signal & that it would be very costly to convert the elec to accept a digital signal. So with that I never bought them. This has been discussed many , many times & no one ever had a answer to how to make the drivers seat work . So noobie please school me becuase if you have solved the problem please share in detail how it works & exactly what has to be done. Thats why were on this board to learn something new.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kevon1
Some noob?? Your not here 3 months. You are a noob But besides the point I was only telling you what was told to me by two different Nissan master mechanics that the 2000 seats ran on a analog signal & that all years after was a digital signal & that it would be very costly to convert the elec to accept a digital signal. So with that I never bought them. This has been discussed many , many times & no one ever had a answer to how to make the drivers seat work . So noobie please school me becuase if you have solved the problem please share in detail how it works & exactly what has to be done. Thats why were on this board to learn something new.
there's nothing tricky about it. i have a 2000 GXE and when i took my cloth seats out i only had some unconnected wires under the driver's seat and a hole in the carpet under passenger's seat. at that point i got somewhat pissed because i really thought that the whole process would be plug and play. but i did not want to wait anymore so i just connected power to the seat from a network hub power supply (inside my house) to figure out which wires were doing what. i was a non-noob enough to realize that the orange sonnectors under the seat are for airbags and i decided not to @#$k with them because i did not want my seats ripped in half. after that, i just connected negative to the black wires in other two connectors and positive to the connector that only has two wires in it. then came a little tricky part of trying to figure out which one of the positive terminals on a three-wire connector is for heater and which is for motor. once i igured that out, i connected positive to the motor terminal and my seat was completely functioning. i left the heater positive terminal unconnected because i do not yet have a switch for it and i do not want my butt heated all the time when it is 78 degrees outside. if anyone else is intersted, i guess i could do a write up with pictures, but i really think that the whole process is pretty easy to replicate.

note:
a) all wires must be connected to the seat before it starts working properly.
b) the best way to draw power from is cigarette lighter because even if you forget to turn off seat heater, it will turn off automatically once the key is in the off position, plus it is pretty close to the seat terminals and has a lot of wire length to solder additional wires to.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:01 PM

Simple then.....

Ok I get it. Its simple! I have installed pretty much every mod that can be done by myself with the exp of my springs "Visions of spring popping out & going through the roof" I have quite a few mods. But I never fruck with the electrical stuff . Have not rewired fogs . No special lighting. No grounding kit.I along with many others are electricaly challenged. It just scares me. So yes it would be much apprecited to do a write up with PICS from start to finish. Please if you intend on doing this pretend were 2 years old & go slow with lots of detail............................ P.S Nobody here said noobs were dumb. It is rather refreshing to see new blood with unusal uchartered info. Rather than the old "What intake is best thread"