5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

grounding kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:31 AM

grounding kit

Can anyone tell me the benefits of having a grounding kit, how easy and how long is it to install, and where can i get a good grounding kit that wont break my bank.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:08 AM
GusMaxGLE

I would start by searching the threads. Here is a start:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ight=grounding

Good Luck!

Old 03-27-2005, 03:48 PM

doesnt work, searchin doesnt work eiter...and he has a good question that id like to know also, if ur gonna say just "seach" dont post
Old 03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by FameMax
doesnt work, searchin doesnt work eiter...and he has a good question that id like to know also, if ur gonna say just "seach" dont post
why are you gonna say "it doesnt work" then say you want to know to???
he said to search because this gets asked ALL THE TIME. you dont have to use the search function to look back a few pages.
so both of you..look back a few pages.
and yes it does work

and its not your job to tell people not to post
Old 03-27-2005, 05:03 PM
retired moderator

1. fortified ground wires DO make a difference. You obviously haven't done it, so you have nothing to say on the issue.
2. Search works fine for donanting members, and doesn't work for non-donating members (funny how that works). Also if you read the stickies at the top you will find out how to do a Google search of maxima.org (which ALSO works)
3. Don't tell people what to post and not to post. Your response adds nothing at all to the discussion. First you say it doesn't work. Then you say you would "like to know also" Which is is?
4. GusMaxGLE actually posted a link to a thread that answers the question, in addition to his suggestion to do some searching.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:10 PM
What we have here is a failure to communicate

If no one wants to respond to a question then dont comment, plain and simple, let who ever figure it out on their own. Sounds simple.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by MaximaFastness
If no one wants to respond to a question then dont comment, plain and simple, let who ever figure it out on their own. Sounds simple.
Um...we all have responded to the question...

Originally Posted by irish44j
fortified ground wires DO make a difference
Originally Posted by soonerfan
and yes it does work
Originally Posted by GusMaxGLE
Old 03-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Isn't the whole point of an internet forum to share knowledge and help other people where ya can? People who have been around and who know their way around should feel free to provide advice and direction, including reminding others of the ways by which we can improve things around here, ie. searching before you post, the one way to minimize reposts and repetitive questions. I don't see how telling someone to do a search or showing them where to go for instructions on how to search hurts anyone. I also think its necessary that we remind people to check the Stickies, because that's the first thing newer members are supposed to do but they don't. If we let everyone "figure it out on their own" then we'd have 2359726708 threads asking about stuff that's already out there; stuff that anyone could have found with a search of some sort.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:19 PM

Please see post #8...
Old 03-27-2005, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by DJ2Max
Can anyone tell me the benefits of having a grounding kit, how easy and how long is it to install, and where can i get a good grounding kit that wont break my bank.
Like others have implied... it...

Also see this thread, esp post #4:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ight=grounding
Old 03-27-2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by irish44j
3. Don't tell people what to post and not to post. Your response adds nothing at all to the discussion. First you say it doesn't work. Then you say you would "like to know also" Which is is?
I think the part he meant didn't work was the post to the thread, but it works great for me.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by xtantmaxima
I think the part he meant didn't work was the post to the thread, but it works great for me.
You mean the link to the thread? It works for me too.... so does the search function...

Old 03-28-2005, 12:11 PM

Grrrr.....
Old 03-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Cletus

dont be coming in here as a relatively new person and tell veteran people what to do.
him posting the question was a mistake since it is asked every day by a new person. we gave him advice on how to find the information and we each added a little info on the question he asked.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:13 PM

if ya can get past the flamin on this link without getting burned, its a good read...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=390571
Old 03-28-2005, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
dont be coming in here as a relatively new person and tell veteran people what to do.
Now that was JUST funny What signifies me as a "relatively new person", my post count? The POINT I was trying to make was, Dont say look it up in the search function and then flame them for asking a question. If a thread has a title that is very self explanatory and YOU know it has been addressed a THOUSAND times before, then WHY respond to it? Makes sense. Time to move on, ENJOY
Old 03-28-2005, 02:47 PM

Now that was JUST funny What signifies me as a "relatively new person", my post count? The POINT I was trying to make was, Dont say look it up in the search function and then flame them for asking a question. If a thread has a title that is very self explanatory and YOU know it has been addressed a THOUSAND times before, then WHY respond to it? Makes sense. Time to move on, ENJOY

trust me; its a losing battle. Just let them flame and go about your business. Every now and then, I post something before I search and I get the same ranting and raving about searching and how stupid I am. Ive gotten used to it and moved on.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Cletus

If a thread has a title that is very self explanatory and YOU know it has been addressed a THOUSAND times before, then WHY respond to it? Makes sense. Time to move on, ENJOY
because if we dont let people know how to find stuff then they will keep starting these kinds of threads.
give a man (an answer) you feed him for the day, teach him gow to fish....