5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Questions about DDE's

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:53 AM

Questions about DDE's

Okay, to those who already have the DDE's......

Did you wire them to come on with the parking lights, or do they automaticly come on with the parking lights?

To those who wired them to come on with the parking lights AND fogs, how did you do that?

And, does anybody have pics showing the difference?

I also know that some have just installed a switch in the cabin to turn them on and off when they want. Whats really the best way to go that isnt a wiring cluster-fu!k?

thanks
Old 03-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Easiest is to wire them to come on with the parking lights.

Go here for the rest -> http://www.innerbean.com/housecor/angel_eyes.html
Old 03-29-2005, 09:45 AM

housecor is a legend, isnt he?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxima-Ness

Did you wire them to come on with the parking lights, or do they automaticly come on with the parking lights?

To those who wired them to come on with the parking lights AND fogs, how did you do that?

I also know that some have just installed a switch in the cabin to turn them on and off when they want. Whats really the best way to go that isnt a wiring cluster-fu!k?

thanks
I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "to come on with the parking lights and the fogs," because if you do the fog-rewire, everything is kinda triggered by the parking lights.

As far as the DDEs, I wired them up exactly as housecor instructs. I have a 3-way switch in the cabin. I believe radioshack calls them "SPDT with center off." With the switch to the left, the DDEs come on whenever the parking lights are on (this includes when the lights come on in AUTO mode.) In the middle, the DDEs are always off. To the right, the DDEs are on whenever the ignition is on, so they are basically daytime running lights. They stay on when the rest of the lights come on.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
BP
Donating Maxima.org Member

^ that's the same setup i have. i like having options.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Bigger than Jesus

Originally Posted by Maxima-Ness

thanks
Long before I installed my DDE's I did the fog light rewire. When I installed my DDE's I wired them to come on with the parking lights. So I have my parking lights/DDE's/fogs on all at the same time. I don't like having options. I want my DDE's on all the time beacuse they look so good.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Curb Rash Repair 100 a wheel

Originally Posted by crispykid717
Long before I installed my DDE's I did the fog light rewire. When I installed my DDE's I wired them to come on with the parking lights. So I have my parking lights/DDE's/fogs on all at the same time. I don't like having options. I want my DDE's on all the time beacuse they look so good.

on that note does anybody know the wire to cut the clock to prevent it from dimming when we have our parking lights on?? it is kinda hard to see during the dim day with parking lights are on and it is gloomy outside...i think it was red, but i wanna double check.