how do i reset the CHECK ENGINE SOON light? - Maxima Forums



5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

how do i reset the CHECK ENGINE SOON light?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2001, 05:44 PM   #1
Donating Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,261
many of you guys know i messed up my MAF sensor. when i moved the car from one space to another in my garage, it gave me a CHECK ENGINE SOON light. how to i reset that? can i just unplug the battery? (please let that be a way...)
areX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 06:19 PM   #2
Rice Boy in Denial =)
iTrader: (13)
 
Y2KevSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 25,359
Yes, you can reset it that way, but you might be hiding your problem.
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 06:48 PM   #3
Donating Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Yes, you can reset it that way, but you might be hiding your problem.
what else is there? i just replaced it as it originally was when i installed the intake. could something have gone wrong when i took off the MAF sensor? uhoh.....
areX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 07:57 PM   #4
RBa
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,504
Quote:
Originally posted by areX


what else is there? i just replaced it as it originally was when i installed the intake. could something have gone wrong when i took off the MAF sensor? uhoh.....
Uhoh? Those sensor are pretty expensive.. More like $500 for just the MAF tube alone.. I think it costs more with the sensor.
Try to get it warrantied.
1hotmax had a similar problem after installing his CAI and luckily his dealer fixed the problem under warranty. It would have cost him about $1000 to fix it without warrany.
Lucky him........
RBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:10 PM   #5
Donating Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally posted by RBa


Uhoh? Those sensor are pretty expensive.. More like $500 for just the MAF tube alone.. I think it costs more with the sensor.
Try to get it warrantied.
1hotmax had a similar problem after installing his CAI and luckily his dealer fixed the problem under warranty. It would have cost him about $1000 to fix it without warrany.
Lucky him........
yeah, i talked to Dave Burnette and he said it's $380, cheapest... i'm just scared if i bring it to the dealer they'll void my warranty since it in essence was my fault.
areX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 08:37 PM   #6
Rice Boy in Denial =)
iTrader: (13)
 
Y2KevSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 25,359
Quote:
Originally posted by areX


yeah, i talked to Dave Burnette and he said it's $380, cheapest... i'm just scared if i bring it to the dealer they'll void my warranty since it in essence was my fault.
Put your stock stuff back on and take it to the dealer.
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 09:00 PM   #7
Donating Maxima.org Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally posted by Y2KevSE


Put your stock stuff back on and take it to the dealer.
with the crack too?
areX is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission trouble begins again! CorollaULEV 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 29 10-27-2015 04:15 AM
Please help! Car engine getting hot Justinmc760 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 11 08-23-2015 04:10 AM
New 5.5 gen owner need some oil and exhaust advice maxinout93 5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) 3 08-20-2015 03:17 AM
help with idle problem beboski 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 2 08-16-2015 06:23 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.