5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what do i do???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 04:25 PM

what do i do???

Well my transmission was rebuilt by nissan about a year ago and its been having problems lately shifting into 1st or 2nd gear at low speeds. I was told that this was most likely due to the gear linkage being misaligned? My 1-2 shifts were also very stiff, it would take a while to finally shift into 2nd on cold mornings. It was pretty troublesome and I wanted to bring the car into the dealership, but having school and needing a form of transportation I had to wait. All these problems arose when winter came around and now thats its spring time and getting warmer, I don't see any of the symptoms anymore... What should I do??

I have 78k miles on my max and i have the extended power train warranty that expires at 100k. I don't know what to do and i'm positive that nissan will not fix a problem that they cannot reproduce.

suggestions?
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

take it back and explain to them the story again.. Then demand from them A NEW TRANNY... call Nissan California.. and complaint about it..... keep the ball in your court.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:45 PM

def take it back esp if they rebuilt it.
They have to replace of fix it at the least.

Make them pay for it, dont even think about paying for it yourself again