5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

serious prob with stillen kit color match,help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005 | 11:42 AM

serious prob with stillen kit color match,help

i have the 2000 pearl color and am having serious troble matching the color to rest of body. first of all i'ts being done at the best and most reputable shop around me. i'm having the 02 bump put on and my rear had some damage as well so it's also being painted. its glasith (SPELL?) paint with the parrot, and the first paint job was straight by the numbers off the vin # and it was a horrible match because of paint fade due to it being 5 yrs old. body guy said it was that nissans really seem to yellow over time but to me it looks more cream colored than anything, not yellow, but whatever. the bumpers and the stillen kit looked like different colors due to refraction of the light since the stillen kit is slightly curved up it refracts light differently! oh what a pain in the ****. second paint job was with same vin # paint but now after contacting cali. glasith headquarters tinting expert they tinted it so it would match. but you know what IT DOES'NT! now really looks like 3 diff colors....original body color, new bumper color, and stillen kit color. wtf. can
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP!! it has'nt been done yet but we were thinking of abandoning vin # paint and looking through a color sampler, not chip but actually painted pieces supplied by glasith in cali to find closest match then blend into body panels in front and rear? any suggestions? i was originally going to pay 1500 for paint and install and he says only 400 more to blend no charge for repainting the 3 times? does that sound right? thanks in advance to anyone who can help.............
Old 04-29-2005 | 12:42 PM
Isn't that a girl's name?

you might need to use a flop adjuster, changes how metallics and pearls lay down in different directions. the painter should have been spraying test cards to get the color match right in the first place. all cars can have variations in the paint. a car made in a DC factory in february will not necesarily match a car made in IL in april.
Old 04-29-2005 | 02:14 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

I just painted mine two times.. and the match is no way near... so Pearl white is very difficult to match.... very difficult....