5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

KP Technologies windows up module installed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

KP Technologies windows up module installed...

I had this installed on my Max in Tampa Bay over the 4th of July weekend. I think its definately a worthwhile mod. Driver's and passenger's side window roll up with the flick of the lock button twice from the key fob. The speed at which they roll up is as fast/same when you make your windows rolld won from the key fob. At first, I was disappointed that it would not roll up all four windows (it only does the fronts) up but I rarely roll down the rears anywayz. Daniel, the installer, had to open up the door and do some minor soldering and wire tapping. It took no less than 20 minutes to install the module. Its definately a neat device...

Anyone looking to find out more about the product go here.

E-mail Daniel, the official KPtech installer for Tampa Bay & Central Florida, at: dan.bazley@kptechnologies.com
Old 07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Play with my balls

I was the first to buy this and introduce it here. I've recommended this to many before, as I've seen the questions arise previously why it didn't come from factory. I guess that target market for this feature has declined.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:32 PM

was it hard to conect it?
Old 07-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Play with my balls

ground, 12 volt, switch wire.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hello everyone one.

my email is actually daniel.bazley@kptechnologies.com

mdeezy: can you roll your windows up by putting your key in the door and turning it to lock and holding it? if so then you would be able to use a kptechnologies window module in your car.

also if anyone has any service manuals for any car and year please let me know cause i am in the process of gathering as many as i can for further product developement.

please check out www.kptechnologies.com/forums for all kptech info.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:06 PM
ahhh! cliMAX!

does it roll the windows up ? or down? or both?
Old 07-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

can you use this on a 2000 maxima if so im sold!!! if anyone knows let me know!!!!

thanks
-Anthony
Old 07-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Wat

Originally Posted by mdemonte
I had this installed on my Max in Tampa Bay over the 4th of July weekend. I think its definately a worthwhile mod. Driver's and passenger's side window roll up with the flick of the lock button twice from the key fob. The speed at which they roll up is as fast/same when you make your windows rolld won from the key fob. At first, I was disappointed that it would not roll up all four windows (it only does the fronts) up but I rarely roll down the rears anywayz. Daniel, the installer, had to open up the door and do some minor soldering and wire tapping. It took no less than 20 minutes to install the module. Its definately a neat device...

Anyone looking to find out more about the product go here.

E-mail Daniel, the official KPtech installer for Tampa Bay & Central Florida, at: dan.bazley@kptechnologies.com

Glad to see you recieved the MAF and the car is running
Old 07-12-2005, 02:06 AM

i'm sure you can make all four windows go up and down, just use two modules. i used the dei windo modules.. iv'e had em' since 2000, and they still work fine. but keep in mind i have an aftermarket alarm system
Old 07-12-2005, 05:42 AM

I have had mine installed for a little over a year and it still works great. The auto locking feature is great for those that don't have an aftermarket alarm system.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=mdemonte] Daniel, the installer, had to open up the door and do some minor soldering and wire tapping.

U had to solder? I though its a Plugin Module?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:53 AM

you basically have to run 2 pairs of wires into the door to do it right. (to each door). lazy installers tap into the driver side window controls.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 PM

I thought 5th Gens came with that stock... or at least 2002. Cuase when I bought my car it already had it. I remember my friend had it on his Audi A4 stock so I figured I would try it for Sh*ts and giggles and it worked
Old 07-13-2005, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by FieldzGood
I thought 5th Gens came with that stock... or at least 2002. Cuase when I bought my car it already had it. I remember my friend had it on his Audi A4 stock so I figured I would try it for Sh*ts and giggles and it worked
Drivers side: Auto Up & Auto Down.
Passenger side: Auto Down only
Old 07-13-2005, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by silversurfersg
Drivers side: Auto Up & Auto Down.
Passenger side: Auto Down only
O duh that tells u how observant I am
Old 07-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Play with my balls

mine has auto up and down for both driver's and pass......from factory
Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by godlyone
does it roll the windows up ? or down? or both?
right now the window module only rolls them up when you push the lock button twice.

Originally Posted by MaximaVQ97
can you use this on a 2000 maxima if so im sold!!! if anyone knows let me know!!!!
if you can roll your windows up by puttin your key in the door and turning it to the lock position and holding it, then you can get a kptechnologies window module.

Originally Posted by mingo
i'm sure you can make all four windows go up and down, just use two modules. i used the dei windo modules.. iv'e had em' since 2000, and they still work fine. but keep in mind i have an aftermarket alarm system
the kptechnologies module will raise the windows that are raised when you put your key in the door and turn it to lock and hold it. you could probalby connect another one to make the rear windows work but without a service manual i dont know for sure, and this has never been tested before. if anyone is willing to send me a service manual i would be more than happy to look at it.

Originally Posted by silversurfersg
U had to solder? I though its a Plugin Module?
you dont solder you can just tap the wires. we recommend soldering them to ensure good contact.

Originally Posted by mingo
you basically have to run 2 pairs of wires into the door to do it right. (to each door). lazy installers tap into the driver side window controls.
all of our connections are made inside the door. one connection is made at the lock actuator, power, ground, ignition signal, door lock switch. what two pairs of wires are you talking about? keep in mind you have an aftermarket alarm system and our module is designed to work with the factory system.

FieldzGood: the module lets you roll the windows up with the factory keyfob. so when you get out of the car you can hit the lock button twice and the windows will roll up
Old 07-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

if anyone is interested let me know i have serval in stock right now.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:31 AM

Thats a cool mod i will have to consider it.......
Old 07-14-2005, 08:44 AM

I think people are a little confused as to what this actually does. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Using the key fob you are now able to raise (roll up) your windows. Before you were only able to lower (roll down) your windows using the key fob. On my '03 you are able to lower the both front windows holding the unlock button on the key fob. You are also able to lower both front windows by sticking your key into the drivers side door and holding it in the unlock position for a little while.

This does not allow the "auto" or "one touch" feature to be installed or used in the interior of the '00-01. I'm not sure if the '02s have this feature or not for both front windows.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:08 AM

00/01 do not have the key fob feature that allows you to roll down the windows. Nissan dropped that for those years - I really miss it. It is great on my 96.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yes that is correct. can you put your key in the door and turn it to the lock position and hold it an the windows go up.

if you can you can get the kptechnologies window module and then you would be able to raise your window with the key fob.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey guys. Sorry to ressurect this from the dead. I am a fellow VQ owner (G35) and am posting this for KP Technologies. The OP of this thread is actually a friend of the G35 community and he started this to let you guys know of this handy little mod that he had installed. But, this thread only dealt with the windows up mod and there are several little gadgets that KP sells that are pretty neat. Before anyone asks, I bought all my KP stuff from Daniel (SFLG35) and had him do the installations. So...any questions should be directed to him. Here is the review that I did on G35Driver. I'm not doing this to advertise but simply get the word out about these products that nobody outside G35Driver seems to know about. I have done close to $15,000 in mods on my G and the KP stuff ended up being the cheapest and most used mod. And if you look at the thread in the FGC forum, there is a group sale going on now that people can take advantage. ( http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74089 ). You'd be getting this stuff cheaper than what I paid for and I think it's the best bang for your buck mod. Again....I'll be happy to answer anything I can but I may just end up directing you to Daniel or the KP technology website. Anyways...here is my review:

"Ok guys. For those who don’t know, KP Technologies (hereinafter "KP") has developed several electronic based mods that are simple, convenient and very practical for our Gs. And now that I have just about every KP product installed on my 2005 coupe, I wanted to give you guys a thorough review of these really cool mods. For further reference, you can visit his website at www.kptechnologies.com for more information. Also I would like to note that all of my mods were purchased and installed by Official KP Installer Daniel (SFLG35).

The first mod I bought was the KP Window Roll-up Module. In fact, I think it was my first mod ever (done same day as clear corner and Z-tube). For those who don’t know, this little gadget uses the key fob to raise the window (just like you can lower it by pressing and holding the unlock button down). This device makes it so you just hit the lock button on the key fob twice and it goes up. Simple and effective. This really came in handy at a recent Dyno day in Orlando, FL. As always in Flroida, we got a quick rain shower and everyone scrambled to their car while I just hit the key fob lock button twice and presto...closed. Additionally, this module also comes with an auto-lock device which automatically locks your car 6 seconds after you start it. Neat little safety feature. Some people didn’t like that it locked before putting it in gear, so....KP developed the next module I bought.

This next module was the KP Auto-Lock RPM Module. This module will lock your doors when your car gets above 1500 RPMs for the first time. Same safety feature in the Window Roll-up Mod but now locks only after getting the car going. Additionally, KP designed this module to automatically unlock your doors the instant you turn your ignition off. This was especially cool for us 2005'ers which no longer have the feature where the door will open when you pull the handle whether its locked or not. So, this has been one of my favorite features to date.

Of course, when I decided to supercharge the G, I had to do something about the VDC button. For those who don’t know, you can turn OFF the VDC by pressing the 'VDC OFF' button, however, rest assured that Nissan designed it to be right back ON next time you start the car. This gets annoying for those of us who love to drive our cars hard. At first, I told myself that I would just push the button and save a few bucks. Well...that got really old (especially when I forget to push it) and decided to buy the KP VDC Module. Now, it is much easier to just turn the VDC ON when needed (highway or rain driving) than it is to keep turning it OFF 10 times a day.

The next mod KP developed and I subsequently bought was one which measures a 10 on the coolness factor. The KP Shift Light Module. Probably designed for those at the track, it has been very handy for my Vortech’d G and will probably be useful for just about anyone who drives their car hard. The way this works is really easy. It’s a small LED light that can be mounted just about anywhere you want. Some people like the A-piller location. I liked it within my steering dash...basically its right next to the trip reset button. When I get home, I'll post a picture so you can actually see where I have it. Hopefully there will be a video of it in action on KP’s website soon. You can have the light go off at whatever RPM setting you want. For example, I have mine set to blink at 5000RPMs. And don’t think you wont be able to see it....it’s bright enough to notice even during the brightest days (at night, it’s just freakin’ cool). I think they offer both an amber light (to match the already orange interior) and a blue light. I got the blue light and love it.

KP just announced his next module: The KP Sunroof Module. While I do not have this yet, I know the car it was tested on (SFLG35) and witnessed the first trial firstand. It worked to perfection. This will be my next mod for sure. So, now I can open and close the sunroof in the same way I open and close the windows (of course in conjunction with the Windows Up Module). I know I got that performance package for something other than the great Bose system!!

I also recently read a post where KP is thinking about a KP Independent Fog Light Control Module that can make the driver just turn on the fogs without having to turn on the headlights. I think this is great as I used to just drive with just fogs before but have found that to be burdensome in the G (as I spent good money on the Philips 6000K bulb and don’t feel like using it day and night). Hopefully there will be enough interest in this that will make KP go forward with it. So...if you are interested in this, go check out this thread: http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70341 and bug Kevin to make it!

The cool thing I have found with all these modules is that they all work in conjunction with each other. I swear I have seen Daniel splice the same wire 5 times, but, in the end, every module works and they make the car that much more fun to drive.

I hope you guys (and gals) found this post informative in some way. Again, I just briefly wanted to review each module I have. If you guys need more detail, let me know and I certainly will do the best I can to inform you better. Some have questioned the difficulty in installing it. While I had Daniel (SFLG35) install all my stuff, I was there and watched it all. The directions given are easy to follow (as everything is color coded anyway) and a cinch for those who wish to try it on their own.

In all, the modules designed by KP are cheap, useful and downright practical. Again, feel free to contact me or go right to the top and contact/PM Kevin at KP (KPierson) or Daniel (SFLG35) for any questions you may have.

Happy modding everyone!!

Jason"

To add since this review: I just heard from the man himself (SFLG35) that the KP Shift Lights are now officially ready for public release. I also heard that KP has released some new color LEDs too. I have had mine installed for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. Makes driving the car hard that much more fun.

Check out this thread in the FGC...all KP stuff (not just the shiftlight) are on sale!

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74089
Old 11-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Play with my balls

This is great news! I, (unlike most members on this board that could care less) really enjoy my Window Roll Up Module, and have been in close contact with KP regarding the Sunroof Module. Like I said in post #2, I worked with Dan previously to help kickstart this here, and there was very little interest. But then, like your rain incident, when someone actually sees my windows roll up at a meet or something, they're like....how'd you do that?

At anyrate, I've been long awaiting for the sunroof module to come out, and I'm glad that it did. I'm also surprised to see the other little gadgets that KP have created which I'll be looking into that also. Mainly the RPM Lock/Unlock Switch.

Our cars I believe do not have the VDC, but automatics have TCS. I'm wondering if this will work for the TCS in our cars, since the other Maxima in our family is in need of a module to turn that off. Shift light on the other hand, I'll have to just see it to make a judgement on if I would want it or not.

Thanks for the update, Jason. I'm glad someone thought of us enough to spread the word. Since I haven't spoken to anyone in KP in quite sometime. Fill us in on anymore great inventions.

p
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey

the vdc module will work with the tcs switch. some of the z have tcs and other have vdc, but it will work with both.

if anyone in tampa has a maxima with a sunroof that i could test on we can make sure it will work on your guys's cars. right now it is only for the g35 coupe, but we can change that if i can find someone willing to help out or to take some readings for me at their sunroof switch.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:59 AM

I installed the roll-up module around a year and a half ago and it still works great. I am very interested in the sunroof module if it works on an 03 Maxima.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by NISMAX03
I installed the roll-up module around a year and a half ago and it still works great. I am very interested in the sunroof module if it works on an 03 Maxima.
you guys should get up since you're in the same state, and let me know how it goes.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm glad you guys found my post informative. I figured you guys would have seen that it was post #1 and kinda dismiss it. Like I said....we are all nissan cousins and mdemonte is the brother of a fellow Florida G member.

I hope you Maxima guys pick up on the KP stuff like the G/Z guys have. They really are cool toys.

And you can see videos of the shift light and sunroof in action in the link I gave you (yes...that is my baby in the shift light video)
Old 11-09-2005, 01:31 PM

im going to have to jump in on this!