5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 04:54 PM

help!

When I drive like below 40mph and start breaking the car stars going to the left side most of the time and if i let go my hands of the steering wheel it turns by itself as well so basicly i have to hold it tight to keep the car going straight, its really annoying, so i took it to a dealership today and i had one to guys from service dept. drive with me and ofcourse it didn't happen then so they couldnt know whats happening, but it happens too often and i know its not alignment cause i had it checked and i had wheels balanced as wheel. I had people tell me its your brakes, someone told me to check the strut mounts and struts. Anyone knows anything about that help.Thanks.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

it could be a front caliper..... I have seen it before.. check the braking system first.. make sure everythig is fine...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:19 PM

one of your calipers is not working right... in your case it is most likely the left one... when u brake, the left caliper does all the work and the car turns left.i would try looking into that.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Rob01ski

Is this only sometimes, only on a particular part of the road, dont freak out maybe you have worn tires and hit some shty road and it pulled you. You could do a brake fluid flush which should help maybe you got some crap in your brake fluid and it plugged the caliper for a second or two, caliper could be bad, or you could have no pads = check your brake pads first off and also check your rotors, see if any of the rotors has heavier damage then the others. Also check your ball joints see if they are loose or not? OH YEAH TakE YOUR TIME WHILE CHECKING THESE ITEMS DOUBLE CHECK THEM TOO

Old 09-01-2005, 05:28 PM

Most likely like everybody else is saying it's probly the caliper. I wouldn't say it's the only one working, I would say the only one not working properly, It's probly sticking and this is why it pulls hard when you hit the brakes.

It could also be a bad brake hose on the LF. It is very common for a hose to clog and keep pressure to the caliper. Try jacking up that corner of the car and see how easy the wheel spins, If there is much resistance then it's deffinately one of these problems. If you open the caliper bleeder and it releases then it's probly the hose and if it doesn't then it's the caliper.

Good luck
Old 09-01-2005, 05:30 PM

OH god thanks guys, i will check all that crap, actually will make my girls dad do it, he has a shop. Hope its nothing major, and if it is calipers are those expensive, aftermarket or OEM.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM

Maby $50.00 per caliper or less, Unless your girls dad doesn't like you. OEM rebuilt
Old 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Rob01ski

Dude look up the 300ZX caliper conversion, meaning you'd get better, faster brakeing, plus huge rotor look is kind of nice, this would cost you like 500-600 bucks maybe or pm blackbirdvq, last i heard he ws still selling his brake kit ( Mike popraw mnie jak je jusz nie spszedajes)

Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 PM

not doing conversions but will look into getting new calipers.^^^is that polish?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 AM

Update: Checked struts and calipers at my girls fathers shop he said the calipers and struts are fine. He is leaning towards the tires saying try diff. tires it could help. Also another question when i drive on the street and mostly on highway the noise in my car gets very loud. He said it might have to do something with tranmission. Any ideas why is it so loud?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by krazysashka
Update: Checked struts and calipers at my girls fathers shop he said the calipers and struts are fine. He is leaning towards the tires saying try diff. tires it could help. Also another question when i drive on the street and mostly on highway the noise in my car gets very loud. He said it might have to do something with tranmission. Any ideas why is it so loud?
I'd says its a problem with your suspension.
Possibly the front left shock.
Simuliar symptoms in my friends 2k SE.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:56 AM

suspension cause the car goes to the side or cause its loud on the road while driving?
Old 09-18-2005, 01:41 PM

Hi, I just want to know how can I take out the Center Air vent and also the bezel around the shifter Of a Nissan maxima 03????
Old 09-18-2005, 01:47 PM

The way to take it out is not asking in this thread!!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 06:19 PM

So where should i post my message???? NEED HELP ASAP
Old 09-18-2005, 07:09 PM

look in How to section.