5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

FLAT tire :-(

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

FLAT tire :-(

So I just replaced this same tire about a month ago. The shop I had them put them in is pretty good. I'm not sure if it is their fault or maybe it's a malfunctioned tire. So the story is that I replaced it and a month has passed and it got flat. There are NO i mean NONE AT ALL of any signs of punctures or holes or nails or anyhting. I checked 5 times just to make sure. Now would I be able to get a FULL refund? I'm so ticked off because I was suppose to go for an interview and of course I had to cancel because of that. So it took me an extra hour to get the car up because when i used the STOCK lift my car dropped right on top of that :-(... i didn't see any damage to the rotors but I have to check. So tonight was my worst luck for the max ever. I'm so ticked off right now I just need to vent and maybe get a free tire replaced because of all of this. As i look at the tire now it looks fine and doesn't look flat but when i took it off earlier... it looked liek it was flat because it seems liek the tire was lopsided or something. It was like all sunked in at the bottom and the top seems to be stickin' out a lil bit. Kinda weird but not sure what the problem was.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:59 AM
† ErV †

could be the valve... they should fix it for free whatever the reason is. if it is a tire problem it should also fall under the manufacturer's warranty.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Well i was looking at it again today and the inner lining of the tire seems to be coming out a little bit.. about an inch of the tire is dismounted.. would this be the way i'm drivin'.. (haven't drove agressively at all)... or would it be the mounter's fault? not sure but it seems like it's tearing away and that's the reason why it's flat... and the tube inside seems to make the tire lopsided... any idea?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned

post a pic.

Don't feel so bad. My tire woes started four months ago with a nail. Since then, I've had a total of 4 nails, 2 screws and a 1/" bolt puncture my tires (none of which happened even remotely close to eachother so no sabatoge). I had two tires outright replaced and one replaced for $140. The fourth tire I might just buy to get it over with. All in all, not too bad considering they're Pilot Sport A/S tires on 45k miles! Those three would have cost me $900 bucks! In that regard, I consider myself lucky. Right now I have a full sized rim with an unmounted, f-ed up tire in my trunck. The new one will be in Tuesday.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

holy crap... the beads are coming out?

that could be...um... dangerous
Old 10-25-2005, 05:08 AM

yeah i know what you mean. thats why i go with the road hazardous warranties that sears or ntb sells because I know if i ever get the 2 inch long screw in my tires, i can just bring it back for a new tires. (only applies to falken tires.)
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by BewstAdd1ct
holy crap... the beads are coming out?

that could be...um... dangerous
beads are coming out?