5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

INSTALLATION HELP: 2k2 HID Xenon Headlights, Umnitza HID Fogs (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by CystumMax
You are a gangster like the picture above..
You're not even worth responding to.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
404 Funnay Not Found
yup
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
You're not even worth responding to.
OK
Old 10-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Italiano
[FONT=Tahoma]
Headlights-
i went to lia nissan dealership today and the parts manager said they had no such thing for a 2000 to a 2002/2003 conversion harness. he said it should just connect right into the same ignitor box with no problem. but me and my bro looked and there is a 3 wire connector for the low beam which hooks into the hid, however the new 03 type wiring harness uses, 2 type bulbs, low beam and high beam. the highbeam bulb, and turn signal is not covered by the 2000 wiring harness. is there a fix that can correct the situation at this time? i've seen a million ppl with their 2k2 headlight hook ups.. and cant find clear directions or websites that arent expired.. (blue circle 2000 connects to, red i believe it currently doesnt)

Just so you know, the parts manager at LIA is a mullet wearing IDIOT!! they are also the most expensive place on earth to buy parts.

I avoid that place as much as possible. everytime I need a part it is an adventure with them, they tell me they have it... I drive there.... I get there and they tell me "opps, we do have ONE, but it is reserved for another customer". The intake manifold gasket I had to get from them was twice as expensive as Nemith Motors. So I call Nemith first, but they NEVER have parts in stock. I only call them to get a price, because they dont try to rape on parts so when I call LIA for the part they price match it. However, I usually get the wrong info, wrong part, or they find some other inventive way to F**k it up....

If I were you I would try to order parts yourself on line if you can, avoid the dealerships around here, they are all virtually worthless.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by upstatemax
If I were you I would try to order parts yourself on line if you can, avoid the dealerships around here, they are all virtually worthless.
Or get em from Dave B (phone number is in the FAQs, before anyone asks).
Old 10-25-2005, 01:19 PM
OG and counting...

oh i see, In that case you should bow to me...
You know what they say. The toes you step on today may be connected to the *** you have to kiss tomorrow. :lock:
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by PrinzII
You know what they say. The toes you step on today may be connected to the *** you have to kiss tomorrow. :lock:
Thanks Prinz...

IBTL
Old 10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Play with my balls

Mr. Banned!
did someone just get a free vacation? i guess only the bad kids get all the good rewards these days. see ya when ya get back.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
see ya when ya get back.
I hope we don't, there's enough crap in these forums as it is....
Old 10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Prinz beat me to it. Thanks for the heads-up Joel.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Prinz beat me to it. Thanks for the heads-up Joel.
No problemo...
Old 10-25-2005, 02:32 PM
retired moderator

Ok, this guy already got what he deserved, but I'm not going to leave his idiotic statements floating out there without a response, so....

Let me deposit 200 bucks in your paypal account so maybe you can tell me how to do it. That’s gay.........
Don't shoot the messenger....I was just warning him about the type of responses he would likely get. If I remembered which wires went where, I'd have told him.

I think, you simply did not do your head lights, do not bring any excuses. You paid someone to do it for you...
yO! I bE bRiNGin' Da eXcUSes, WERD!

But keep thinking that.... I do all my own installs (which, I might mention, are far more numerous than yours). You can ask anyone here about that.

And that’s why you call your self a Home Depot moder, because you can do any better then home depot, you probably work for them...
Yes, yes...I work for Home Depot. That, or the federal government.

the Home Depot thing....it's an inside joke with some of the org members....and you're on the outside. I think my "name brand" mod list is a bit longer than yours anyhow.

Go mix a bucket of paint or something, and lift some heavy sand bags..

If you call your self a moder, you should document stuff before you say you did it and then you don't remember. That’s weak.....
A "moder," eh.... Perhaps you should use a dictionary before speaking.

I'm not sure why I need to "document" anything for you....Why don't you take a look at my homepage and the writeups on there, or ask anyone in the local DC forum how many of them I've helped with installs.

Another note, If you can not help, Please do not post. That should be standard. No Exuses.....
Funny coming from you, since you didn't help him at all. At least I suggested that he needed to go get the 2k2-3 wiring harness....

Edit: sorry you were banned
Old 10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
retired moderator

because apparently they think i stole them? all im looking for is instructions for installation.. i didnt realize it would be such a big deal, but apparently it is.
Italiano - just want to let you know - I didn't think you stole them...but if you search around here, you'll find 100+ threads on peoples' HIDs getting stolen, so everyone is a bit sensitive about the issue. Some of the NY/NJ guys have had their headlights stolen 2-3 times!

It's really just a basic precaution to make sure, since people have come on here with OBVIOUSLY stolen lights and asked for "how to hook them up," and we don't want to help them out. I'm sure you can understand that.

I hope somebody sends you the specs. Trust me, if I had a write-up/how-to I'd help you out....my memory of wiring colors is just a little vague.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

Wow.. this is funny...... I will send you the How To tonight....... Italiano.. everyone in here will ask the same questions ... to be safe........
Old 10-25-2005, 03:10 PM

well i proved my proof of purchase.. didnt mean to start a controversy over it but if you have any diagrams, directions, or help id appreciate the PM. figured id get that in before the thread is locked.

Hey bro pm with your email....let me know if you already got it tho....peace...d
Old 10-25-2005, 03:30 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

Just so you know, the parts manager at LIA is a mullet wearing IDIOT!! they are also the most expensive place on earth to buy parts.

I avoid that place as much as possible. everytime I need a part it is an adventure with them, they tell me they have it... I drive there.... I get there and they tell me "opps, we do have ONE, but it is reserved for another customer". The intake manifold gasket I had to get from them was twice as expensive as Nemith Motors. So I call Nemith first, but they NEVER have parts in stock. I only call them to get a price, because they dont try to rape on parts so when I call LIA for the part they price match it. However, I usually get the wrong info, wrong part, or they find some other inventive way to F**k it up....

noted, yea funny that guy did have a mullet too and seemed a bit slow =\

Originally Posted by irish44j
Italiano - just want to let you know - I didn't think you stole them...but if you search around here, you'll find 100+ threads on peoples' HIDs getting stolen, so everyone is a bit sensitive about the issue. Some of the NY/NJ guys have had their headlights stolen 2-3 times!

It's really just a basic precaution to make sure, since people have come on here with OBVIOUSLY stolen lights and asked for "how to hook them up," and we don't want to help them out. I'm sure you can understand that.

I hope somebody sends you the specs. Trust me, if I had a write-up/how-to I'd help you out....my memory of wiring colors is just a little vague.
yea i understand, i dont think we have as big a problem with that up here in Albany but i could be wrong. like i said im pretty new to the car scene anyways, btw is there anyway to protect your headlights from being stolen? all this jacked up headlight talk makes me not wanna go near nyc or jersey like i do durin the summers..

Originally Posted by Lontar1
Wow.. this is funny...... I will send you the How To tonight....... Italiano.. everyone in here will ask the same questions ... to be safe........
thank you! im sick of staring at these headlights in the box, haha..

Originally Posted by 96maxi
Hey bro pm with your email....let me know if you already got it tho....peace...d
check ur pm =]
Old 10-25-2005, 03:50 PM

check ur pm =][/QUOTE]
Old 10-25-2005, 03:56 PM
retired moderator

yea i understand, i dont think we have as big a problem with that up here in Albany but i could be wrong. like i said im pretty new to the car scene anyways, btw is there anyway to protect your headlights from being stolen? all this jacked up headlight talk makes me not wanna go near nyc or jersey like i do durin the summers..
There is the "data dots" bracket that Nissan can install, and a few of us have tried a few "creative" ways...but the bottom line is that if a thief wants them bad enough, he'll get them (and hopefully not do too much damage to the hood of the car).....

Don't worry too much about it unless you're in Miami or NYC area....
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Mass_Media™

hahahaha awesome thread, you have a 4th gen giving us 5th gens crap for being careful about who we give information to on lights that are known to get stolen. Loser. Glad he got banned
Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Mass_Media
hahahaha awesome thread, you have a 4th gen giving us 5th gens crap for being careful about who we give information to on lights that are known to get stolen. Loser. Glad he got banned
ah, he's probably just bitter because he's slow
Old 10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
99 SE-L

Josh with all due respect the Paypal transaction receipt is Bs for Proof, those can be faked, given by a freind, if you are scared to get your hedlights stolen either leave the 00-01 in your car or dont complain becuase they are still getting stolen, I dont understand why you guys are jumping on a guy asking him for personal information like a Cia agent Cmon.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by 99 SE-L
Josh with all due respect the Paypal transaction receipt is Bs for Proof, those can be faked, given by a freind, if you are scared to get your hedlights stolen either leave the 00-01 in your car or dont complain becuase they are still getting stolen, I dont understand why you guys are jumping on a guy asking him for personal information like a Cia agent Cmon.

People take a pretty acceptable level of protection around here considering the cost of the headlights, something I don't think you consider seeing as how you're a spoiled brat.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM
99 SE-L

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima

People take a pretty acceptable level of protection around here considering the cost of the headlights, something I don't think you consider seeing as how you're a spoiled brat.

And you would know this how? My car was bought for my own money along with insurance and gas and you were saying? Also, this is why you have an insurance deducatable the 5.5 Gen owners that gets there HID'S stolen.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

look no offense but i dont really care anymore.. i showed what i could, im not showing you my home address, last name, or my credit card number to satisfy your piece of mind. i didnt steal any hids, i put them on pay pal to my credit card and they were shipped to me last week through ups.. i never complained about them being stolen but i just keep hearing from multiple members about HID theft so i asked a simple question about it. i dont know why a few of you are giving me attitude when i did nothing to you, maybe you just hate newbies, oh well i gotta start somewhere.. you all once started as well.

anyways a big thanks to Lontar1 for helping me out with the 'how to install'.. that was the whole purpose of the this thread. ill put pics up once i get the DDES, frosted lens, 2k2s, and 6k fogs installed for anyone who cares.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:22 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

And you would know this how? My car was bought for my own money along with insurance and gas and you were saying? Also, this is why you have an insurance deducatable the 5.5 Gen owners that gets there HID'S stolen.
So you were able to gather $17k by age 17?

Good one, kid.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 PM
retired moderator

with all due respect to YOU....did you even READ what I said?? I was not PERSONALLY asking for "proof"....I was pointing out to him that "people on this forum" often ask to see some proof. I was trying to give him a "helpful tip" based on the fact that usually when someone here asks for install how-to, people ask for proof of purchase. I didn't ask for any personal information or credit card numbers or anything else....

I said (note the part in red):
Originally Posted by Irish44j
Because of the theft issue, many people are hesitant to post the conversion how-to online, especially since you're a newbie. If you provide proof of purchase (photo of receipt, etc...) you will be more likely to find someone who will send it to you.
The only guy I was "jumping on" was that idiot CyphilusMax or whatever his name was.

If you had read the SECOND part of my original post, you would have seen me suggest to him that:

Originally Posted by Irish44j
You need to buy the 2002-3 wiring harness that will plug into your new HIDs. Then you splice that harness into your factory harness. I don't specifically recall what the hookups are, but if you get wiring diagrams for both, you should be able to figure it out fairly easily
I would have helped him further, but I (truthfully) just don't remember how it hooked up.

Now, I'm not going to get into a e-thuggery with you since I know from DCMAX, but if you don't read better next time, i'm gonna roll up to Owings Mills with the fearsome ( )Fairfax posse of Jason, Ja'son, Jason, Joel, and Jason (and we'll pick up Bauer on the way) and then you'll be sorry...

(mods...I'm saying that tongue-in-cheek there, not threatening him, by the way...inside joke)...
Old 10-25-2005, 07:26 PM
retired moderator

look no offense but i dont really care anymore.. i showed what i could, im not showing you my home address, last name, or my credit card number to satisfy your piece of mind. i didnt steal any hids, i put them on pay pal to my credit card and they were shipped to me last week through ups.. i never complained about them being stolen but i just keep hearing from multiple members about HID theft so i asked a simple question about it. i dont know why a few of you are giving me attitude when i did nothing to you, maybe you just hate newbies, oh well i gotta start somewhere.. you all once started as well.

anyways a big thanks to Lontar1 for helping me out with the 'how to install'.. that was the whole purpose of the this thread. ill put pics up once i get the DDES, frosted lens, 2k2s, and 6k fogs installed for anyone who cares.
be sure to post it when done, especially the fogs. oh... none of use was giving you an attitude, by the way..we were giving each other attitudes and you got caught in the crossfire. Good luck with the install
Old 10-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Mass_Media™

So what about us 5.5gens? What are we suppose to do, I think they did a good job in trying to prevent what could possibly be a thief (not saying you are Italino) I think it is good for us to not give out information about hid theft good job guys

If we were CIA agents then we would be able to already tell without asking.

kthnxbye
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Mass_Media™

Now, I'm not going to get into a e-thuggery with you since I know from DCMAX, but if you don't read better next time, i'm gonna roll up to Owings Mills with the fearsome ( )Fairfax posse of Jason, Ja'son, Jason, Joel, and Jason (and we'll pick up Bauer on the way) and then you'll be sorry...

(mods...I'm saying that tongue-in-cheek there, not threatening him, by the way...inside joke)...
Roll up 20 deep with bats?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
retired moderator

Roll up 20 deep with bats?
the fairfax posse rolls with Calloway 3-irons. Bats are SOOO blue-collar
Old 10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
retired moderator

seriously, though...nobody would be scared of the Fairfax posse..trust me..I mean, look at this craP :

Old 10-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Mass_Media™

the fairfax posse rolls with Calloway 3-irons. Bats are SOOO blue-collar

must be more hard-core with in utah with the mormons we roll wit bats y0
Old 10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Mass_Media™

seriously, though...nobody would be scared of the Fairfax posse..trust me..I mean, look at this craP :

Old 10-25-2005, 08:29 PM

o god not that pic again...
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM
SWIFT_Navigator

since your throwing some random pics in there i thought you all should know who mike jones REALLY is.. mystery solved.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:23 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

Fog lights- When hooking up the 6k hid fog lights, the fog light backing cap doesnot fit with the hid, only fits stock wiring.. (4 questions)is there a fix to this to protect the hid bulb and all the wiring? and is there a specific type of sealent we should use or a procedure..? the ignitor in the hid box, how does everyone protect them from dust, water, and dirt.. where do you hide or place the hid converter and ignitor boxes..?

anyone with a 2000 that installed 6k hid fogs? the how to on the site here has no pics and seems a bit confusing.. i got help for the headlights but am wondering if theres an easier 'how to' guide with pics out there for the fogs =\
Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!! thats awsome! i knew he reminded me of somone and now i know! hHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:31 AM

anyone with a 2000 that installed 6k hid fogs? the how to on the site here has no pics and seems a bit confusing.. i got help for the headlights but am wondering if theres an easier 'how to' guide with pics out there for the fogs =\

I think Igor has HID fogs, give him a PM and see if he can help you out.

With all these HIDs I will see comming a mile away on 87...
Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

I think Igor has HID fogs, give him a PM and see if he can help you out.

With all these HIDs I will see comming a mile away on 87...
yea if you see the blue blur from a '00 maxima on 87 or 90, that azz-hole would be me..

thanks for the help, ill be sure to PM him...
Old 10-26-2005, 07:40 AM

Hey guys, I'm speaking on behalf of CystumMax. I know this guy personally for a while now and he's not like that at all to be posting confrontational material especially on another gen's forum. He explained to me that he did not post those comments and it was his co-workers were messing on his account at work and he got furious after he found out he was banned.

If you can look at his previous posts, his attitude and personaility do not match what was posted on this thread. He's been on the org since Feb 2003 and has never had any confrontation with anybody since. He wishes to apologize to everyone and hopes that everybody can ignore what was posted on this thread. Thank you.

Quick Reply: INSTALLATION HELP: 2k2 HID Xenon Headlights, Umnitza HID Fogs (pics)