5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Does a paint job to fix a dent greatly reduce resale value?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:53 PM

Does a paint job to fix a dent greatly reduce resale value?

Hi,

It looks like someone slammed their door into my passenger side door leaving a pretty big dent. I can't stand looking at it, but I do know that fixing it the best way will probably mean getting a paint job in that area. I have used paintless dent removal, and while it was good for the small ding, I don't think it would look as good with this much bigger dent.

Would painting the area great reduce resale value? Will people be able to tell that there was work done in that area? And finally, can anyone suggest a good place in nyc to fix it?

Thanks so much!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:30 PM
dot dot dot ...

Would painting the area great reduce resale value? Will people be able to tell that there was work done in that area? And finally, can anyone suggest a good place in nyc to fix it?
Not if you don't say anything and it's done really well... Check local forums for last ?.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

if you run it thru your insurance it will appear in the Carfax and will lower the resale price for the car.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you might want to check out a company like - dent wizards depending on size of dent and if there is any paint damage they can fix it for minimal cost, the same thing happened to me, he fixed it good as new for $40 , the most I could see them chargin you is $ 70- $80 even up top in NY
Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by hubbabubba
Hi,

It looks like someone slammed their door into my passenger side door leaving a pretty big dent. I can't stand looking at it, but I do know that fixing it the best way will probably mean getting a paint job in that area. I have used paintless dent removal, and while it was good for the small ding, I don't think it would look as good with this much bigger dent.

Thanks so much!
I had a PDR guy fix a dent the size of a tennis ball in my fender - you might be surprised.

Anyway, when I had the hood and front bumper repainted on my car, I made sure the receipt said "repainting under warranty" so I can show it to a buyer.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 PM

take it to daytona cosmocar. they do awsome detailing work. the car will come out looking like new. i had a couple of dents on my other cars done there. these guys work with bmw of manhattan and all the high end cars like ferraris and lambos.