5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Titanium Edition Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Titanium Edition Question

titanium edition maximas, which besides this color option, you get titanium interior accents, digital compass in the rear view, and chrome doors sills
The chrome door sills - are those the metal looking plates that say "maxima" on them when you open the door and look down? Basically what everyone steps on to get in and out of the car?

Some of the cars i'm looking at are difficult to tell if they have the T/E, so just looking for other confirmations. If it's not T/E, what would it have instead of the chrome door sills?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:07 PM

yea thats correct. if its not a TE it will just be plastic on the sill. A TE dash will be silver instead of the dull charcoal and theres a compass and auto dimming rearview mirror as well. oh and probably the best part is the polished rims, not quite chrome, but not quite the regular stock finish either, very nice touch imo. get a TE.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:11 PM
dot dot dot ...

Add Bose 6CD changer to the options list.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Add Bose 6CD changer to the options list.
i have a 6CD changer
Old 11-13-2005, 02:26 PM
dot dot dot ...

All TE's have it.. And it was an option for you in 02, but came standard on TE's.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Cletus

All TE's have it.. And it was an option for you in 02, but came standard on TE's.
gotcha..i was just afraid it would confuse people. the guy asked for ways to know you have a TE and you said the changer.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:40 PM
dot dot dot ...

I'm a tad vague sometimes...ah well, we got the point across.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:45 PM

I'm a tad vague sometimes...ah well, we got the point across.
You did get the point across - thanks.

if its not a TE it will just be plastic on the sill
By just plastic will it still say Maxima or just a plain piece of plastic (like in most cars)? Also, I'm guessing the T/E was only offered in 2003, is that right?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Cletus

if it isnt a TE it will be plastic without anything written on it. just grooves that run the length of them.
the TE was only avaliable in 03
Old 11-13-2005, 02:50 PM
dot dot dot ...

03 Only year TE yes...
Old 11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by thewolfpacker
The chrome door sills - are those the metal looking plates that say "maxima" on them when you open the door and look down? Basically what everyone steps on to get in and out of the car?

Some of the cars i'm looking at are difficult to tell if they have the T/E, so just looking for other confirmations. If it's not T/E, what would it have instead of the chrome door sills?
people usually dont step on these, mine was scratched up from my friend because he was putting his boarding boots on, nothing a little buffing cant fix, but next time im gonna tell him to watch the door sills.
like others have mentioned, its for 03 only and has the titanium finish wheels, silver vent covers and door handles, and compassw auto dim, plus your suppose to get titanium stitching, on but i dont notice the difference, whats the stitching color on a regualr max?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:17 PM

silver vent covers and door handles,
You're talking about the inside door handles right? If no T/E, are they usually just the color of the interior (black if black leather, or tan for tan leather?)
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 PM
+Cru OG

Instead of looking inside for the finer details whether it's a TE or not, look first at the wheels of the car (major difference on color finish as said from previous posts). I believe the TEs have the chrome inside door latch.

It's not that hard to tell around the Triangle area anyways if you know the basics of a TE. I see maybe 2 or 3 TEs around raleigh at any given time.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
dot dot dot ...

Only true TE's are Polished Titanium

It's not that big of deal, you could make your own TE with a couple hundred and a set of TE wheels. All the other stuff can be added aftermarket.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:30 PM

yeha the inside i mean, btw its not chrome, i wish it was but its just painted silver. like nmex said, you can make your own TE, if you got the skills. i got mine cus of the heated steering wheel, cant wait to use them , im the only TE in my area, and i see alot of 5th gens, so i feel special.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Ricedout
i got mine cus of the heated steering wheel
That's part of the meridian .. It's not a TE special option.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:08 AM

if you look closely you can see the "titanium" stitching on the steering wheel. Anyone have pics of their shift boot? i have "titanium" stitching ont he shift boot...... I'll try to take pics soon.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:57 PM

You can find the Titanium Edition information in the following brochure online. It explains all the options available on the 03 Max. I am not sure how to add a link to this post but you can just copy this information into your web browser:

http://www.nissanofgardengrove.com/Brochures/MaximaBrochure.pdf#search='2003%20Nissan%20Maxima% 20brochure'

This is the form I used when I was looking for my 03.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:21 PM

http://www.nissanofgardengrove.com/Brochures/MaximaBrochure.pdf#search='2003%20Nissan%20Maxima% 20brochure'
VERY helpful - if I had that brochure 5 days ago I probably could have avoided annoying everyone on here with 5 different threads. Thanks though - it explains it all very clearly and helped me out a ton. Now if I can only find that 03 Polished Titanium!!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Cletus

thanks for locking up my internet with that link.
is there an 02 one?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:30 PM

link works...adobe is probably asking to you to click something. lol (upgrade, agree or not, etc)
Old 11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by burnurass
link works...adobe is probably asking to you to click something. lol (upgrade, agree or not, etc)
it worked when i tried again. guess it was cause my iPod was uodating at the same time.
can seem to find an 02 brochure on that site. if we could find all of them it would be a great stickie. would help everyone.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:32 AM

That was a a very helpful link. I guess I might have a TE with Meridian package. Does the heated mirrors have a button?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by Lawtown
That was a a very helpful link. I guess I might have a TE with Meridian package. Does the heated mirrors have a button?
The heated mirrors I believe are tied into the Heated Steering wheel or Heated Seat functions. I usually have both on if I'm going to use one or the other. My mirrors have never been and issue with fogging up or anything, that's why I think they run off the same relay.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:04 AM

cool,man. So I guess I do have the TE with Meridian Package. I've got every option even HLSD but no navigational system. Not trying to brag, just got the car about 2 months ago and I'm still learning about it,so when I find out something new I get excited.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:31 AM

That's part of the meridian .. It's not a TE special option.
yeah i know... im just saying, i didnt buy the car for TE, i bought it for the merridian stuff, and the TE just came with it. i dont know how much extra for TE, it deosnt make that much of a difference, appearence wise. only a hardcore maxima enthusist would notice the difference.
also the heated mirrors work when you press the rear window defroster. all the merridian stuff helps out alot if you live in nothern east part of the country, my mirrors would be frozen in the morning, turn on the defroster, and presto, the ice is all gone, same as the seats and steering wheel, i remember driving with 2 fingers with my 240 in the morning during the winter time, my steering wheel was freakin cold!!! but now, i grip the wheel with both hands, to get them warm.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:44 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Ricedout
yeah i know... im just saying, i didnt buy the car for TE, i bought it for the merridian stuff, and the TE just came with it.
Thanks for the calrification...
But at first you did not specify, and don't say you got 'it' for the heated mirrors, it coule get misleading.

Since this is a TE thread, some would almost be convinced that you meant 'it', was relating to TE, when it really wasn't.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Looking for a few good Maximas

The TE did not come with the Meridian package... you chose either the TE or the ME. Yes, a "true" Titanium Edition is the Polish Titanium finish as well, but those of us with the darker gray color still like our TE just fine

The TE came with

polished rims
6-cd changer
titanium dash trim finish
titanium stitching on steering wheel and shift ****
titanium color door handles (inside)
chrome door sills
digital compass rear view mirror

now the big question is, did the TE only come with the SE trim, or could you get a GLE trim with TE?

p.s. Meridian Edition came with Navigation system and heated seats. All Maximas (5th gen, at least) have heated mirrors that are 'constant' (i.e. no on/off switches). Most cars have these now... even my '97 Intrepid had them.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 AM

The Titanium Edition was only available in the SE and not the GLE.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Army of Maxima
The TE did not come with the Meridian package... you chose either the TE or the ME.
I'm calling BS.

Meridian Edition (ME) is an option in addition to TE. If you don't feel like believing me, check the 2003 Maxima sales brochure linked to earlier in this thread. In fact, according to the brochure, you could ONLY get ME if you got TE.

My TE max has heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel without navigation. Navigation was a stand-alone option as shown in the brochure - not part of ME.

FYI, heated mirrors only come with the Meridian Edition according to the brochure.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:48 AM

This guys is 100% right....read the brochure...you'll see what he's talkign about. And it looks like TE is only available with the SE..

Originally Posted by jmt9n
I'm calling BS.

Meridian Edition (ME) is an option in addition to TE. If you don't feel like believing me, check the 2003 Maxima sales brochure linked to earlier in this thread. In fact, according to the brochure, you could ONLY get ME if you got TE.

My TE max has heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel without navigation. Navigation was a stand-alone option as shown in the brochure - not part of ME.

FYI, heated mirrors only come with the Meridian Edition according to the brochure.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 AM

I'm calling BS.

100% CORRECT!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:48 PM

Titanium Edition:
- Dark Chrome 17" wheels
- Autodimming mirror with compass
- Titanium keyed center console
- Chrome door sills

And yes, ME was a separate package, mine came w/ both. See my site for pics of TE if you need em.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:10 PM

Separate package, fine.

But I guess I'll go out an just yank the heated mirrors right off of my SE TE, because I certainly don't have the ME - but I DO have heated mirrors.

I just remember the dealer asking when I bought mine NEW if I wanted either the TE OR the ME package, not BOTH. He specifically said that the Nav system came with ONLY the ME (not the TE) because the TE has the 6-cd changer.

Brochure or not, there are anomalies out there... like the guys with heated CLOTH seats. And guys like me with TE and heated mirrors.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 PM

Piece of advice. Don't ever clean those wheels with a chrome cleaner .... it will eat right through the coating and turn the wheels a mouldy black color that can't be removed. I bought my SE in 04 coming off a one year lease where the previous owner had done that and wrecked the wheels ... the deal was that the wheels don't come under warranty unless there is a physical failure. Other than that, our black max is a super car and comes with everything; heated seats, stearing wheel, mirrors the compus, moon roof and all that. You'll enjoy it and it's a nice car to drive at a "brisk clip"

Btw you guys have too much time on your hands with not enough to do ... stop arguing about something so trivial . In 03 the nav was an option that had to be ordered seperately.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Army of Maxima
But I guess I'll go out an just yank the heated mirrors right off of my SE TE, because I certainly don't have the ME - but I DO have heated mirrors.

I just remember the dealer asking when I bought mine NEW if I wanted either the TE OR the ME package, not BOTH. He specifically said that the Nav system came with ONLY the ME (not the TE) because the TE has the 6-cd changer.

Brochure or not, there are anomalies out there... like the guys with heated CLOTH seats. And guys like me with TE and heated mirrors.
Hence the reason I repeated the statement according to the brochure in my post more than once.

I know there are anomolies. I know individuals have heated seats without leather (although the brochure says this is not possible)... try not to take things personally
Old 11-18-2005, 08:52 PM

Hence the reason I repeated the statement according to the brochure in my post more than once.

I know there are anomolies. I know individuals have heated seats without leather (although the brochure says this is not possible)... try not to take things personally