5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I blew the motor, nissan's paying for it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:20 AM

I blew the motor, nissan's paying for it.

i got an 02 6spd that had a little ping in it for a while now, i was doing a burn out the other night and held the rpm's at about 6k for 15 20 seconds i would guestamate. When i was done WOW the nastiest knock i've ever heard. I've blown many honda engines and none sounded that bad. Suprisingly the car still drove fine for about 70 miles till i got to the dealer. No sputtering or stalling, other then the horrible noise you wouldnt know the difference. I dropped off at the dealer on monday called me on tuesday telling me the diag. of "catastrophic engine damage" and that a whole new motor would have to be the solution, and that nissan warranty would be willing to cover it as long as i show proof of correct mantanence. So im on my way to jiffy lube to pick up my reprint receipt and i'll let you guys know how it turns out!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:28 AM

now why would u hold ur rpms @6k for about 20s...did u think the engine would go rev past 6k if you held it longer...? WTF...talk about abuse...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by gameover03
now why would u hold ur rpms @6k for about 20s...did u think the engine would go rev past 6k if you held it longer...? WTF...talk about abuse...
LOL, you should have seen me do my REVERSE donuts, talk about holding high rpms.....LOL.......
Old 01-18-2006, 06:36 AM

i also sprayed 100 and 125 shot on the car before, so its gonna be nice to start fresh, i think im leaving the nitrous out now though. So possible nitrous kit fo sale.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:38 AM

lol...very smart to post it up on here.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by indecentmax
i got an 02 6spd that had a little ping in it for a while now, i was doing a burn out the other night and held the rpm's at about 6k for 15 20 seconds i would guestamate.
Indecent, your name fits you well. So even when you suspected there might be a problem you decided to be recklessly abusive. Good job there, special ed - are you 16? Do yourself a favor and buy a beater Chevrolet, that seems to be much more your style. Leave the Maximas to people who appreciate them. You're one of the reasons why I can't find a used Maxima with a stick that hasn't been beaten into the ground already.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 AM

Sweetness man, just be more carefull with this one, i love your foglights, is that laminex?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm not sure if you were hoping we'd be impressed or jealous. I'm neither.

Grow up.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:05 AM
大陆弟弟

Jiffly Lube oil killed your car
Old 01-18-2006, 07:20 AM

impressed, the last thing im trying to do is impress anybody. im sharing the story to let the org. know how the dealer treated the situation. Its actually a trans film thats used in model airplane building.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:11 AM

If you have NO2 on your car, how is your warranty not voided? I'd be very surprised if they covered your abuse. It's a shame to see such a nice car endure such treatment. You are one of the reasons the rest of us can't get decent service or warranty coverage from our respective dealers.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 AM
jjs

No crap...and the moron can't even spell the options on his car properly...
Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 AM

Next time you do that, do your burnout in 2nd gear around 3500 rpms, you'll get the same tire speed and the same amount of smoke, and it'll be WAY easier on your engine, like your cruising or something. Your clutch might hate you, but I'd much rather change a clutch than an engine.

Originally Posted by n3985
LOL
Old 01-18-2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by bladerunr
If you have NO2 on your car, how is your warranty not voided? I'd be very surprised if they covered your abuse. It's a shame to see such a nice car endure such treatment. You are one of the reasons the rest of us can't get decent service or warranty coverage from our respective dealers.
When we used to Mod Grand Nationals, and people blew engines due to Nitrous, the first place the dealer would look is in the trunk for bottle holes. If there were any in there, VOID! Good luck, but I am sure the next time you do this, you will be paying for a new motor. Also you said you have killed many a Honda Engines. I am sure you will most likely blow this new one as well.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:23 AM

i got an 02 6spd that had a little ping in it for a while now, i was doing a burn out the other night and held the rpm's at about 6k for 15 20 seconds i would guestamate. When i was done WOW the nastiest knock i've ever heard. I've blown many honda engines and none sounded that bad. Suprisingly the car still drove fine for about 70 miles till i got to the dealer. No sputtering or stalling, other then the horrible noise you wouldnt know the difference. I dropped off at the dealer on monday called me on tuesday telling me the diag. of "catastrophic engine damage" and that a whole new motor would have to be the solution, and that nissan warranty would be willing to cover it as long as i show proof of correct mantanence. So im on my way to jiffy lube to pick up my reprint receipt and i'll let you guys know how it turns out!
You abused your car and worse the warranty system. Which makes it much harder for people with legitimate problems to get work done under warranty.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:24 AM

You are such a (can't find the right smilie). I almost want to call that dealer in NY and tell them what you did so that your service is VOID. MORON.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM

I reckon your nitrous had something to do with this.

This reminds of one time where a WRX owner blew his car and posted it all over the Subaru forums. It was his fault apparently and the WRX owners on the board were so pissed that they contacted and few dealerships and found out which one was actually repairing his vehicle and actually gave them the whole story on why his motor blew. Needless to say the dealer did not fix his car and the owner was pissed. Not saying that this will happen to the poster. I just probably wouldn't have posted it.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by n3985
thats what i was thinking
Old 01-18-2006, 09:43 AM

its never the drivers fault. 3.5 vq rev to like 12k so 6k for 20 seconds is nothing eh? the knocking noise was there because an acorn got stuck in the combustion camber so by spraying we would think it would come out of the tail pipe, but then it might poke holes in the exhaust system eh? jiffy lube is at fault because they decided to drain your oil and put in fresh oil because old oil that was fouled by spraying had better flow....

now for the real facts, everytime you spray you foul the oil, extreme blow by, and you will need to get your oil changed. Another thing 6k for 20 seconds or more you got what you knew was coming. blame it on jiff lube for doing their job but it wasnt the drivers fault for using spray and doing stupid burnouts. next story....
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

this guy should be for stupidity......
Old 01-18-2006, 10:02 AM
6spd Swapped

Originally Posted by Jibberish18
This reminds of one time where a WRX owner blew his car and posted it all over the Subaru forums. It was his fault apparently and the WRX owners on the board were so pissed that they contacted and few dealerships and found out which one was actually repairing his vehicle and actually gave them the whole story on why his motor blew. Needless to say the dealer did not fix his car and the owner was pissed. Not saying that this will happen to the poster. I just probably wouldn't have posted it.
I wonder if he'll care to tell us which dealer he bought his car to? Then someone might call...
Old 01-18-2006, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jibberish18
I reckon your nitrous had something to do with this.

yup i remember that.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

WOW! You people are ridicules! The dude blows his engine up while doing a burn out and you all go ape like he raped someone’s daughter or something. Did you all ever think that maybe it was not caused by the 6k 20 second burnout but buy something else? And even if it was, so what?? A lot of you have performance mods trying to make your cars do the quarter mile faster than a stock car ever could. Dose that not void the warranty and do unnecessary ware and damage to the engine? The reason Nissan dose not cover stuff under warranty is because they are cheap, not because the rare time someone comes in with a blown engine do to redlining it. And what dealer dose not try and get out of covering warranty crap as much as possible. So before you call around trying to sabotage this guys resolution with the dealer maybe you should ask yourself some questions like. Do I have N02? Do I have a CAI with a crap filter that lets dirt into my engine? Do I use headers? Do I drag race my luxury sedan which is obviously not intended for that purpose. Am I a hypocrite? Now don’t get me wrong. I’m all in favor of modding a car to make it fast as possible but I’m also aware the risk and would not give anybody crap for doing the same.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:22 AM

BaWaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
Old 01-18-2006, 10:25 AM

well how smart to post on here with a beautiful picture of yur car man this must be the dumbest thing you could have next to the burnout yu did with yur car yu dont even deserve to have the car
Old 01-18-2006, 10:26 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

next time don't let jiffy lube touch your max

but what more do you want, you get a new VQ out of the whole deal
Old 01-18-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SLOBODAN
The dude blows his engine up while doing a burn out and you all go ape like he raped someone’s daughter or something. Did you all ever think that maybe it was not caused by the 6k 20 second burnout but buy something else?
Wow, great point. I'm sure the massive engine failure immediately after 20 seconds of redline burnouts just happened to occur at that moment completely by chance. Obviously there's no correlation there.

</heavy_sarchasm>

Yes, many here mod their cars. But that doesn't mean they expect the dealer to pay for gross abuse.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:30 AM

WOW! You people are ridicules! The dude blows his engine up while doing a burn out and you all go ape like he raped someone’s daughter or something. Did you all ever think that maybe it was not caused by the 6k 20 second burnout but buy something else? And even if it was, so what?? A lot of you have performance mods trying to make your cars do the quarter mile faster than a stock car ever could. Dose that not void the warranty and do unnecessary ware and damage to the engine? The reason Nissan dose not cover stuff under warranty is because they are cheap, not because the rare time someone comes in with a blown engine do to redlining it. And what dealer dose not try and get out of covering warranty crap as much as possible. So before you call around trying to sabotage this guys resolution with the dealer maybe you should ask yourself some questions like. Do I have N02? Do I have a CAI with a crap filter that lets dirt into my engine? Do I use headers? Do I drag race my luxury sedan which is obviously not intended for that purpose. Am I a hypocrite? Now don’t get me wrong. I’m all in favor of modding a car to make it fast as possible but I’m also aware the risk and would not give anybody crap for doing the same.
HOW ABOUT SPELLING BEE SCHOOL?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by housecor
Wow, great point. I'm sure the massive engine failure immediately after 20 seconds of redline burnouts just happened to occur at that moment completely by chance. Obviously there's no correlation there.

</heavy_sarchasm>

Yes, many here mod their cars. But that doesn't mean they expect the dealer to pay for gross abuse.
I agree that it was the redlining of the engine that blew it. Why did the dealer pay for it??? I mean this was a heavily modded ride with NO2 and who knows what else. Most dealers would have said "no way am I going to cover this because your modds were to blame for this" or " You should not have drove it like that, sorry". That's why I said it could be something else that the dealer could not get out of paying for. But my point was how pissed of people get when this guy blew up his engine. It was like they wanted to form a lynch mob and go kill him. What a joke.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 AM
6spd Swapped

Originally Posted by housecor

</heavy_sarchasm>

Well we would all try to shaft our dealer into paying for our abuse but atleast we wouldnt post how stupid we were to redline for 20 seconds and we also wouldnt post that we use sh*t oil. If you're going to mod your car atleast take care of it by using some decent oil, Jiffy Lube FTL
Old 01-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nicks79
HOW ABOUT SPELLING BEE SCHOOL?
And this from the grammar king....
Old 01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Hoooper

so pretty much what you guys are saying is that if you blew youre engine because of abuse and the dealership said they would pay for it, youd tell them that you screwed up and were going to pay for the new engine? i strongly doubt that any of you would. he didnt take the car there only because they would put it a new engine, that may have been the hope, but it wasnt a guarantee, therefore the stealership offered him something that NOBODY would turn down. its funny that you say he doesnt deserve his maxima. the 3.5 maxima is a SWEET ride and if you dont have fun in it, then youre the ones that dont deserve it. im guessing that nobody here has done a burnout to the redline/has never redlined? the rev limiter is there so that the engine doesnt kill itself. doing that burnout should never kill the engine. so pretty much what you guys are saying that doing a burnout is bad, so would doing a burnout in the waterbox at the track be bad too?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

NO2, Burnouts with knocking...yeah we have a bright one here.

Personally, I hope the dealership is smart enough to poke around. I am for sure that NO2 leaves trails. And from what I understand, NNA doesnt play around with engine replacements. I think all engines are sent out for analysis and if you get busted....well

Its people like him that cause people with REAL issues to have problems getting their claims correctly taken care of.

And for Einsteins buddy there, do you REALLY think Nissan should cover a motor that has had NO2 hooked up to it? NO2 is not a header, intake or other "bolt on".

He is getting crap because he is obviously bilking the system. Take responsiblity, the motor didnt let go because it was correctly maintained. Sorry, dont buy into that. So take the elsewhere.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally Posted by Hoooper
so pretty much what you guys are saying is that if you blew youre engine because of abuse and the dealership said they would pay for it, youd tell them that you screwed up and were going to pay for the new engine? i strongly doubt that any of you would. he didnt take the car there only because they would put it a new engine, that may have been the hope, but it wasnt a guarantee, therefore the stealership offered him something that NOBODY would turn down. its funny that you say he doesnt deserve his maxima. the 3.5 maxima is a SWEET ride and if you dont have fun in it, then youre the ones that dont deserve it. im guessing that nobody here has done a burnout to the redline/has never redlined? the rev limiter is there so that the engine doesnt kill itself. doing that burnout should never kill the engine. so pretty much what you guys are saying that doing a burnout is bad, so would doing a burnout in the waterbox at the track be bad too?
Would you be DUMB enough to brag about it online in a forum? Although your point might have merit (we "might" not mention all the facts)...I sure as HELL would NEVER bring public attention to it. But I dont have to worry about that crap. No engine mods here.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by Colonel
He is getting crap because he is obviously bilking the system.
i believe he said the dealership offered to buy him a new engine, he didnt ask for one. sooo, is it bilking(bilking?) if it was offered and not asked for?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:16 AM

And this from the grammar king....
YEAH DUDE.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM

People like indecent make it that much harder for the rest of us with legit issues. No wonder NNA and the dealer are trying to skimp on my 8/80 emissions warranty claim.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:22 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

You're a pathetic scumbag.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:27 AM
wat

You're a fcktard.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Tha Snatcher

20 second burnout and you blame the OIL? Should we blame your parents for raising an idiot?

Quick Reply: I blew the motor, nissan's paying for it.