5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Accident, what options for front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Need A Light?

Accident, what options for front lip?

This freakin SUX! .....I just freakin got my car back a month ago for front end collision with a new front bumper, fresh coat of paint on both my bumper and stillen lip, and CF hood....now this **** had to happen today....

I was heading to the perf nissan meet today and while on teh freeway....there was a big rig truck's tire rollin around freely in the middle....I couldn't swerve out of the way in time....my bumper is totally cracked and my nissan hamburger emblem came off!! but no damage to my front grille ....oh yeah worst part of all, my stillen lip fell off and prob got ran over by motorists from behind (rest in peace) ....I cannot believe this is happening to me....I just freakin got my car back too! and now its off to the body shop once again

Anyway, my guy at the shop hooks me up...so with $500, I will get my car back wednesday looking stock once again...problem is, I have no more front lip...I wanna order one down the road....I know Maxx Tuning and Stillen both have lips...is there anyone else who make lips? I just wanna research my options before I jump in again....so far Maxx Tuning will be on my list, since I already owned the stillen aero/classic....won't get the touring one though (looks ugly as hell IMO)
Old 02-25-2006, 04:37 PM

Man thats almost the same thing that happened to me today, i would get the front classic lip...Or preferably the MT Lip
Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by NisMo-Max
Man thats almost the same thing that happened to me today, i would get the front classic lip...Or preferably the MT Lip
Damn becareful out there Omar...it freakin sux cuz the freeway I took today has treated me very well for 4yrs....no debris of anykind what so ever....then today it just had to be!!!

I do like the classic lip alot....but I mean is there anything else out there? If not, then Maxx Tuning it is...I wanna new look regardless...my homie will get back to me on Tuesday to see how cheap he can pull me a Stillen classic....if its cheap enough, then I might go back....but I will refuse to pay regular price for the same one...it would have to be cheaper in order to convince myself to buy it

btw, why aint u at HIN?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:55 PM

I had to work all day, and right before i came to work i went to go pick up some donuts for breakfast and right before i got out of the car this guy tried to get into the driveway of the donut shop but just before he enters eh sides swipes my car and takes out my front bumper, there are some pics a few posts down that i posted today check it out. i feel your pain, but are goign through insurace? If you went with the classic then go with the MT that would be my 2nd choice, and from loooking at your car, looks like we have the same taste in style..
Old 02-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Need A Light?

man I just saw your thread....we both have bad days ....WHY US!?!?!

haha naw but forreals....I see some damage on your fender...looks like they gonna have to work with that...but so far it looks like a new bumper...grille and front lip still looks intact? lucky you...my freakin lip is completely gone now...I wish it was still attached to the bumper so at least I wouldn't end up buying a new one...I always have the option of not buying one, but it just wouldn't satisfy me and I'd get pissed...

no i'm not going thru insurance...even if I did, it would still cost me like some outrageous deductible....what about u?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:18 PM

well he hit me, so he is gonna be the one claiming it and reporting it to his insurance, and then they will contact my insurance, so im not paying no deductible
Old 02-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Need A Light?

well he hit me, so he is gonna be the one claiming it and reporting it to his insurance, and then they will contact my insurance, so im not paying no deductible
ahhh...nice....hopefully it goes smoothly although I hear insurance takes forever to fix cars sometimes...and the paperwork is just a PITA....at least you know your gettin all this ish for free...I mean your damages are similiar to mine...with mine being worse since I paying out of my own pocket....and most importantly...i'm missing my !(*#)&@#&(* stillen LIP!
Old 02-25-2006, 05:41 PM

i dunoo how long its gonna take by the insurance but there happened to be a tow truck at the donut shop, with the same company insurance im with AAA. And he towed my car, because he said it would be fater for the insruance company took look at it since its on the lot, and from them get me a rent a car.. But i know its B.S after B.s between our situation because ijust got my car back to about a month ago from the body shop after its been in thier for a month, with the brand new paintjob..
Old 02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Need A Light?

i dunoo how long its gonna take by the insurance but there happened to be a tow truck at the donut shop, with the same company insurance im with AAA. And he towed my car, because he said it would be fater for the insruance company took look at it since its on the lot, and from them get me a rent a car.. But i know its B.S after B.s between our situation because ijust got my car back to about a month ago from the body shop after its been in thier for a month, with the brand new paintjob..
ahh ic...why did you paint your car anyway? I liked your majestic blue fosho
Old 02-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Steve, I read this thread lately about a similar accident and the guy who drives semis (unfortunately forgot his SN) said that all truck drivers have to pay annual fee so if something like this happens people can claim a refund from the government.

Let me see if I can find this thread...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:03 PM

it got keyed at my work, halloween weekend, while i was at a party.. then it got down to the great depression for me..
Old 02-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Driving is the next best thing

Originally Posted by DrKlop
Steve, I read this thread lately about a similar accident and the guy who drives semis (unfortunately forgot his SN) said that all truck drivers have to pay annual fee so if something like this happens people can claim a refund from the government.

Let me see if I can find this thread...

yep, here it is: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=456490
starting with post # 6, the guys SN is 4MySwee
Old 02-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Need A Light?

thanks Klop...appreciate the help...

Omar - do you have pix of the ride when it got keyed? Also did you go thru insurance with that? If so, how much was the deductible and was your annual payments effected in anyway?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:23 PM

similiar thing happened to me last weekend, except my rims got ruined as well

stillen classic lip was trahed, i decided to order the MT lip to go for a different look

why not just get a whole bumper from redlinemax???
Old 02-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by jeepik
similiar thing happened to me last weekend, except my rims got ruined as well

stillen classic lip was trahed, i decided to order the MT lip to go for a different look

why not just get a whole bumper from redlinemax???
how was your situation handled?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:28 PM

Steven, i dont have any personal pics of the car when it was keyed, but i have pics of it when it was in teh body shop with the new color. My premium was the same. My inurance didnt go up at all my agent said it will increase if it happeneds more then a couple times. my deductible was 500 dollars
Old 02-25-2006, 06:31 PM

steven88, u r lucky man, that ur headlights are fine,
those headlights can coast a lot, and ur CF hood looks perfect too...u r lucky man...just think what other things could have happened...its good u got out safe...
btw: where did u get ur CF hood? did it fit well?
thanks
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM

I would have chased his a$$ down after doing that to my car.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 PM

Steven Shift 2kmaxima is right, I guess it could have been a lot worse. hey listen do you have Aim Or Aol? If So, Im me at Omidapimp69
Old 02-25-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by steven88
how was your situation handled?
out of my pocket
Old 02-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

holy freaking crap, steven!! that sucks! and here i was b!tching about my cracked fog and scratched up bumper! Did another car flick it up in front of you? I would try to file a claim through the state to get the repairs covered....And right after you got it back too! damn...If i were you, i would stick to the stillen classic or the MT lip...IMO those two look the cleanest...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:52 PM

If you find your lip, I call dibs...

Sorry to see that man, you are having some crappy luck with your front end. Is your insurance footing the bill for this? Or did you get the trucks info...
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 PM

That sucks man.....
Old 02-25-2006, 07:11 PM

hey steven88,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry that happened,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, go with a new look (differant lip)......................stay safe!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:01 PM

sorry to hear that all these accidents are happening....good luck with it
Old 02-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Need A Light?

hey thanks guys...I know it coulda been alot worse....but seriously now....I just spent $1000 on getting it repaired back in Jan...an accident which was not my fault either....and now this crap throwing another $500 into it....it's just like OMG!!! when is this madness going to stop? I spent way more money into fixing this damn bi+ch than actually "modding" it...
Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

You could ask Ionicmax to make a CF one. I know in the CF MEVI thread that a33 VQ30DEK was talking to him about making one. might be later down the road but it would be different.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by MyownNismo
You could ask Ionicmax to make a CF one. I know in the CF MEVI thread that a33 VQ30DEK was talking to him about making one. might be later down the road but it would be different.
i'd be so freakin down for a ionicdynamics CF front lip....but a33vq30dek is a 5th gen...i'm 5.5....it wouldn't fit my car if HE prototyped it then I bought it later....but yeah I'll talk to him and see what I can squeeze out of him....

thats why I started this thread....I wanted to know what to know if there was a CF lip available for 5.5s cuz it would go soooo well with my CF hood

shift_2kmax - I got my VIS hood for $400....fits pretty well but your gonna want hood pins for safety...cuz I noticed on the freeway today, the hood was lifting up a little....wasn't rattling, but i can see it slightly lifting up...don't wanna take the risk
Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 PM

ight...thanks man
i'll look at some cf hoods
Old 02-25-2006, 09:56 PM

sorry to see that steven88.......lifes a *****. Hope to see a new style soon, and stay safe.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by Icondapython
sorry to see that steven88.......lifes a *****. Hope to see a new style soon, and stay safe.
haha thanks for the heads up....hey are you the rapper from jedi mind tricks? lol jk....nice name....it caught my eye becuz i use to listen to them
Old 02-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Drug Money

That totally sucks boy. I backed into a curb today and blew up my rear splash guard
Old 02-26-2006, 03:02 AM
Mass_Media™

Damn bro that ******* sucks. I hit a dip to fast and now my whole bumper moves Like right after i checked to see that my bumper moved i backed into a parked car (less than 2mph, no damage to either car I have paint on my back bumper tho ) That really sucks since you haven't had your car for a month then just a couple days after you get it you hit a tire. That really sucks bro
Old 02-26-2006, 03:04 AM
Mass_Media™

on the cf front lip i would be down for buying one of those. Match my engine cover and hood (someday)
Old 02-26-2006, 03:16 AM
SWIFT_Navigator

wow, hitting a streak of bad luck eh.

hope all goes well for ya man, and like one guy said in the thread, i was looking at ur cf hood and 2k2 headlights and was relieved to see they were w/o a scratch or dent. id look for the max tunning lip, classic is too common.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Need A Light?

Maxboost - you blew up your rear splash guards? thats so dirty dawg...u can't be treating your car like dat :tongue:

Ben - Yeah I'm freakin pissed...what area of the bumper is jacked up? Mine plastic shields near the wheel well are loose and rubbing against my tires everytime I drive forward...it was so annoying driving to the body shop...

Italiano - Yes 2k2 headlights are expensive to replace....and so is my CF hood as well....front lip is actually expensive too....cuz you first gotta buy it for $250 or so....then color match it which is another I dunno....so I was thinking...man isn't there a cheaper alternative way? CF front lip would be
Old 02-26-2006, 12:11 PM

You are still lucky that your headlights, fogs, grille hood, radiator, core support and A/C condenser are undamaged! The bumper took it ALL!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
You are still lucky that your headlights, fogs, grille hood, radiator, core support and A/C condenser are undamaged! The bumper took it ALL!
yeah the bumper pretty much took it all...what suprises me is that the grille is cool...but my nissan hamburger flew off! man how -ness is that?

the grille is freakin expensive....if you notice, its color matched to the body....i would hate to see it get cracked in the accident too.....cuz then i'd have to buy a new grille and color match that bish too!
Old 02-26-2006, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by steven88
haha thanks for the heads up....hey are you the rapper from jedi mind tricks? lol jk....nice name....it caught my eye becuz i use to listen to them
damn i didnt think anyone from here would listen to Jedi Mind Tricks. lol. Yeah, sucks man. Hope you get through this mess with ease.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:26 PM

that's why you have a beater car to drive around. but that sucks

Quick Reply: Accident, what options for front lip?