5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Electrical problem ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:29 PM

Electrical problem ???

This is a weird problem that i cant seem to figure out how to fix. My turn signals will not work while driving. When i lock the doors with the remote, the turnsignals will flash. BUT while driving, the turn signals will not work. The hazard lights wont even work...... For a few days, all i had to do was push the hazard light button on and off until they started flashing and then they would work. Now that doesnt even make them come on.

any help would be greatly appreciated

i drive a 2000 Se with 101k
Old 03-05-2006, 05:46 PM

i had just about the same problem. turned out it was a short in the wiring going to one of the turn signals and a short kills the whole system therefore no turn signals. check the wiring and connections at each of the turn signals to see if there is anything noticeable. if not call and get a quote with an auto electrician. it only cost me $200 to get both of my front turn signals + both headlights re-wired.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:05 PM

thanks for the help. I just got my car back from the body shop and had halos wired in while it was there. I did not do the wiring, but it sounds like thats what it is