5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Random suspension questions - opinions and rants needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 06:26 PM

Random suspension questions - opinions and rants needed.

Okay, so ive gotten half my suspension installed today (By half I mean I dont have my EDFC or camber bolts put on), and Im still a little iffy about the whole thing. That worries me two fold because Im not sure if I like them and they were expensive as hell to begin with! Ive got the Tein SS coilovers (just FYI in case you havent seen or dont remember any previous posts).

So my woes begin with the ride height. Im not sure if I like how it sits. It looks just like everyone else's (I think) that ive seen pictures of on here. Dont laugh but I was rather fond of the stock ride height. I know that sounds crazy, but I just liked the stance of it. Anyway, Is there a safe and also effective setting for the Tein SS coilovers thats close to the stock ride height? I know its going to be dropped no matter what, but I dont know if I can handle to low rider look.

I also havent yet adjusted the dampening. Ill be installing the EDFC tomorrow so Ill be able to play with it then and see how I like the ride. I love the stiffness, but it all comes back to the height that gets me...

Just as a side note, when I turn the wheels, there sure is a lot of popping going on. Is this the common complaint Ive read about before? Just wanted to be sure.

So, after all of the above has been addressed, lets move on to other brands. I know there are a lot of favorites out there as far as coilovers, and suspension in general for that matter, but how different would they be from my Teins? How does the ride height compare? I more than likely wont begin to think to change my coilovers until they wear out (or I win the lottery), but I would jut like to know what the norm is as well as what may be a future consideration.

I appologise in advance if any of this is redundant or been/being discussed elsewhere. I just couldnt find all the information using the search that I needed.

thanks all -
Old 03-19-2006, 03:34 PM

bump......
Old 03-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Read this thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...7&postcount=33