5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Ac Not Working.......need Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 AM

Ac Not Working.......need Help

Just checked to see if my ac is working because of the hot day, and turns out its not. It blows out the regular air. Its not hot air nor warm......just blows out warmish coolish air. My fan works as well. Does it need a recharge? If so, how much? Also, how do you check for leaks? Thanks
Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

to check for leaks it is a pian in the a$$..take it to a free check up that they annouce on the radio all the time... this way you will know what's going on for sure...
Old 06-16-2006, 06:46 PM

one quick suggestion to tell everyone is that you should not have your A/C on unless your car is just about fully warmed up and you always want it off when you start the car and turn it off. Give it about 7-8 seconds (after you turned it off) then turn off the car. The reason I say this is because the compressor is still running even though the car is off. Make sure you turn it off first then the car. Trust me it will pay off in the long run.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've actually heard the contrary. You can turn on your ac any time. In fact, when you have foggy windows in the morning, AC is the best thing to clear up your windshield.