5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Warning - Serious Side Effects from RSB!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 11:31 PM

After a week in Charlotte with a Lincoln Town Car (read: Pimp-Mobile) from Hertz, I picked up my Max from the airport lot (indoor, of course ), put my suitcase and computer bag on the back seat and had a spirited drive home. As I was getting on the highway via a VERY sharp entrance ramp, I proceeded to push the envelope. As I was doing so, my bags on the back seat flew to the other side of the car and some of the contents flew all over the place, spilling on the floor and other locales throughout the cabin.

If you're new to having an RSB, take note! Secure any loose objects before going through tight turns! You just might save someone (that someone just might be YOU) from multiple contusions or broken bones if they happen to be in the way of the flying objects.

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:45 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Hehehehe I have that problem too.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the RSB.
Old 06-21-2001, 11:54 PM

I want one , i want one..

Originally posted by RcticMax
After a week in Charlotte with a Lincoln Town Car (read: Pimp-Mobile) from Hertz, I picked up my Max from the airport lot (indoor, of course ), put my suitcase and computer bag on the back seat and had a spirited drive home. As I was getting on the highway via a VERY sharp entrance ramp, I proceeded to push the envelope. As I was doing so, my bags on the back seat flew to the other side of the car and some of the contents flew all over the place, spilling on the floor and other locales throughout the cabin.

If you're new to having an RSB, take note! Secure any loose objects before going through tight turns! You just might save someone (that someone just might be YOU) from multiple contusions or broken bones if they happen to be in the way of the flying objects.

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
I want one, but i must stay away from the dark side>stillen, but addco has to many problems.
I am confused.
Roger
Old 06-22-2001, 12:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: I want one , i want one..

Originally posted by radpp16

I want one, but i must stay away from the dark side>stillen, but addco has to many problems.
I am confused.
Roger
I too am having this dilemna but from the way everyone else it talking about this mod it makes me feel like I HAVE TO get this thing. Should I do business with the Darkside to enjoy such pleasures?

I want the Stillen RSB because it seem's like the Superior product.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:03 AM

I want one too

All of this talk about the FSTB and RSB is really getting to me I know if I hang out at this site much longer I'll probably end up with both.
Old 06-22-2001, 04:10 AM

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
I have the same problem too. I haven't even owned the RSB for a week yet, but I can't tell you how much fun i am having with it.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:25 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

I thought when I read

that is was going to be a negative feedback. You know, spinning out, clunking so on and so forth. When I got to the bottom I was grinning ear to ear.

I don't have the RSB yet (no time) and travel a lot. When I come in from a trip, after driving rental mobiles, I enjoy the ride home from the airport that I usually take the extra EXTRA long way home.
Old 06-22-2001, 06:13 AM
Got Bent?

RSB RSB RSB!

nuf said
Old 06-22-2001, 06:31 AM

Re: I want one too

Originally posted by KyMAXSE
All of this talk about the FSTB and RSB is really getting to me I know if I hang out at this site much longer I'll probably end up with both.
-Hi, My name is umpopa, and I'm an RSB owner.
-Hi, umpopa.
-I had a problem with distain for those adolescents on Maxima.org always saying RSB! RSB! RSB!, but I kept on returning to Maxima.org, kept on reading about how much they loved it, and, well, I can admit it now, actually bought and installed one (sigh). I blamed them, of course, thois adolescents on Maxima.org, but I realize now that I have to take responsibility for my actions, even though I had accused them so. Now, taking responsibility, I find that my new RSB makes me feel like a teenager, finding it impossible to keep my Maxima crawling along on the highway, looking to get more mods, thinking about hooking up with other Max owners, thinking MODS!MODS! MODS!...and you know what? Pretty soon i be like JOO!!!

Next? Steelin' FTSB (on order already!!) I got da MOD BUG!!
Old 06-22-2001, 06:37 AM

Re: Re: I want one too

Originally posted by umpopa

-Hi, My name is umpopa, and I'm an RSB owner.
-Hi, umpopa.
-I had a problem with distain for those adolescents on Maxima.org always saying RSB! RSB! RSB!, but I kept on returning to Maxima.org, kept on reading about how much they loved it, and, well, I can admit it now, actually bought and installed one (sigh). I blamed them, of course, thois adolescents on Maxima.org, but I realize now that I have to take responsibility for my actions, even though I had accused them so. Now, taking responsibility, I find that my new RSB makes me feel like a teenager, finding it impossible to keep my Maxima crawling along on the highway, looking to get more mods, thinking about hooking up with other Max owners, thinking MODS!MODS! MODS!...and you know what? Pretty soon i be like JOO!!!

This place is addicting...
Old 06-22-2001, 07:26 AM

Before I got on this site I had no idea what the rsb and fstb were. About 2 months later, I had both on my car. That's why I think this board is a conspiracy run by a group of manufacturers like Stillen and Addco, and the board mods are coaxing us to get stuff...
Old 06-22-2001, 07:33 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by bcannon
Before I got on this site I had no idea what the rsb and fstb were. About 2 months later, I had both on my car. That's why I think this board is a conspiracy run by a group of manufacturers like Stillen and Addco, and the board mods are coaxing us to get stuff...
hehehe...no conspiracy here....just a bunch of crazy maxima guys
Old 06-22-2001, 07:36 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

You guys are funny.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Chillboy

dilemma

after reading this post, i have a new dilemma... i dont know if i want to get a short shifter or a rsb first... do you guys have the same problem? im always planning on getting something, and end up getting something completely different... anyways... WHY DID I READ THIS POST!!! WHY!!!

Old 06-22-2001, 07:54 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: dilemma

Originally posted by Chillboy
WHY DID I READ THIS POST!!! WHY!!!
Because you love us.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Got Bent?

Re: dilemma

Originally posted by Chillboy
after reading this post, i have a new dilemma... i dont know if i want to get a short shifter or a rsb first... do you guys have the same problem? im always planning on getting something, and end up getting something completely different... anyways... WHY DID I READ THIS POST!!! WHY!!!
RSB! I'll help you install it also... It's a piece of cake
Old 06-22-2001, 08:08 AM

That's a side effect I WANT

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
Old 06-22-2001, 08:49 AM

Originally posted by bcannon
Before I got on this site I had no idea what the rsb and fstb were. About 2 months later, I had both on my car.
You too? I thought I was the only one with mods on my Max that came out of nowhere. One thing's for sure, you stay on this board long enough, you will be forced to make a serious decision of the conscience on purchasing the FSTB/RSB. Gotta have it, gotta have it!
Old 06-22-2001, 10:29 AM
MajesticMax

RcticMax, great story about your RSB!

I had a question, I know the RSB increases horizontal stability for cornering etc... But does it increase the vertical stiffness of the rear suspension at all?

This has probably been asked here on maxima.org before, but I couldn't find a reference to it.

Old 06-22-2001, 11:36 AM
Got Bent?

I think it does make the rear end stiffer, so going over bumps you may feel them a slight bit more. But it's not that bad....
Old 06-22-2001, 12:20 PM

GUYS BUY THE STILLEN from courtesy nissan. I had WAY TOO many problems with the ADDCO.. first off, it's made for the 95-99 max, not the 2000 and up.. plus, it looks so cheap, hence the price. Now, I bought and return the addco for the stillen one. Yes, it's a hudred dollars more, but it's worth the money, believe me on this one, you'll thank me later. I don't support steelin, but for the RSB, i'd say i have to take it hands down...
Old 06-22-2001, 04:33 PM

Stillen = Crooks?

What is it about Stillen that makes them the bad guys?

Overpriced?
Old 06-22-2001, 04:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Stillen = Crooks?

Overpriced? That's putting it mildly.

Originally posted by gramenis
What is it about Stillen that makes them the bad guys?

Overpriced?
Old 06-22-2001, 05:07 PM

Don't you get what you pay for?

I know Stillen is expensive but aren't they really superior products? With the exception of Stillen selling other peoples products too, does that make them bad?

Go easy on this newbie (or "Lurker" as it would seem)...

Damn, now I really want one of these RSBs. I know some people who need to get their asses kicked by my back seat.
Old 06-22-2001, 05:14 PM
nc00max

Um, my new RSB (Addco) is gonna be arriving at my house in NC tomorrow and will be going on on Sun. night, but now I'm getting a little worried cause people are calling it a POS and saying it has tons of problems. Anyone have one that works well and is not a piece of crap? I'd like to return it before I install it if it's that bad...thanks!

Old 06-22-2001, 06:06 PM
maxleaner

None of us really want RSB's...

Would you guys shut up already!?!!

All this I want I want I want etc. will make "Stealin'" live up to their name. Every one of these threads probably raises the price another $50!

;-)

Old 06-22-2001, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by nc00max
Um, my new RSB (Addco) is gonna be arriving at my house in NC tomorrow and will be going on on Sun. night, but now I'm getting a little worried cause people are calling it a POS and saying it has tons of problems. Anyone have one that works well and is not a piece of crap? I'd like to return it before I install it if it's that bad...thanks!
It works fine. The only thing to remember is to reposition the rear brackets if you get any thunking.
Old 06-22-2001, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Judge for yourself and offer your opinion. I have had my Addco RSB on for two months now and am having no problems, no complaints, no clunks, squeaks and no concerns. Please preface this and others as a personal opinion and recommendations with a bit of levity as we Maxima enthusiasts tend to be very passionate about our lifestyle and therefore not one to open the mind, unfortunately. I am just as guilty as the next in items I have been able to compare but shopping knowledge is best when you can experience both styles.
Old 06-22-2001, 11:41 PM

fast corners.....rsb...faster corners

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
Wow...I thought I was pushing the limits of my car w/the Eibachs and Nitto 555 tires on those freeway transition. Signs posted read 25mph, however, at 40-45 mph, not a problem. Yes, unsecure items WILL fling to the other side.. Incidently, ftsb and rsb were my next mods..If the rsb does make that big of a difference as everyone who has one seems to claim.....I gotta get me one these!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2001, 11:49 PM

I LOVE this thing!

Cheers!
DOH! that's why!!!
Old 06-23-2001, 12:42 AM

I just ordered the RSB from Stillen. They said they were "on sale" for $239 and had them in stock. The other sources I founs on the web were either more expensive or they were on back order. Are any of aware how the RSB effects the rear passenger ride?
Old 06-23-2001, 07:54 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by y sleep
I just ordered the RSB from Stillen. They said they were "on sale" for $239 and had them in stock. The other sources I founs on the web were either more expensive or they were on back order. Are any of aware how the RSB effects the rear passenger ride?
the effects on ride are minimal. The rear end is stiffened up, so going over some rough roads it may feel slightly unsettled. But, it is very slight and given the increase in handling capability, it is a worthwhile trade-off.
Old 06-23-2001, 10:30 AM

Re: I want one too

Originally posted by KyMAXSE
Me too! I got the STS as a lark and I am so happy with it that other mods, esp suspension are looking good. Problem is in the state of Canada these things are expensive.