5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone with autozone blue/white PCV valve?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
2002 maxima se

Anyone with autozone blue/white PCV valve?

Sorry for the additional thread but i have just replaced the pcv valve got it from autozone model #pcv169 its blue and white different looking than OEM. anyway it didnt take me long to pull the old one out but while installing the new one it seems like it didnt go all the way in i can still see the blue part of the valve i tried pushing it hard but it didnt wanna go all the way so i thought of hammering it lol but i didnt. so is thats the way it suppose to be or should i get the OEM one? thanks for any input.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 PM

I have that same one, i remember it being hard to push in too, try rocking it lightly side to side, if it does, you know its not fully seated on whatever lip there is on the PVC valve ya know? (cause its kinda hard to see in there) I was kinda iffy about the security of mine, but its been about 2k miles and still stuck in there good.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:04 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by JaKillz2
I have that same one, i remember it being hard to push in too, try rocking it lightly side to side, if it does, you know its not fully seated on whatever lip there is on the PVC valve ya know? (cause its kinda hard to see in there) I was kinda iffy about the security of mine, but its been about 2k miles and still stuck in there good.
i tried but it didnt wanna go all the way so i left it like that. should i try to hammer it softely because my hand wont fit in that tight spot.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:05 PM

I have the same one in and when I put it in, it seemed as it when nearly most of the way. I actually went through two of them. I got my first one in and tried to pull it back out to give it another try to push it in all the way in again and the thing pulled apart so I had to return it and get another one. I think mine got all the way in. I was more worried about not getting the hose on the end on far enough. I know what you mean by there not being enough room for your hand. I even think that trying to hammer it in would be tough with that little of space
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by aw89maxSE
I have the same one in and when I put it in, it seemed as it when nearly most of the way. I actually went through two of them. I got my first one in and tried to pull it back out to give it another try to push it in all the way in again and the thing pulled apart so I had to return it and get another one. I think mine got all the way in. I was more worried about not getting the hose on the end on far enough. I know what you mean by there not being enough room for your hand. I even think that trying to hammer it in would be tough with that little of space
any trick to push that sucker all the way in? i tried with pliar but no good hit or push. should i bang it in hard or screw it in like counter clockwise? btw i start my car right after installing the pcv i dont see that thing leaking any oil even though its not all the way in.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by OC guy
any trick to push that sucker all the way in? i tried with pliar but no good hit or push. should i bang it in hard or screw it in like counter clockwise? btw i start my car right after installing the pcv i dont see that thing leaking any oil even though its not all the way in.
I don't know man, I did the whole pliars thing too and I think I got it in there as far as possible. I turned the car on and my oil catch can was doing what it was suppose to do and I didn't see any leakage anywhere so I am guessing it's working. I don't know, maybe someone can chime in here but I would think it would be ok.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Cletus

you know you can ask this in another thread....if only there is a thread you already started about this topic.

im just saying. now you have two active threads about the PCV valce
Old 12-17-2006, 03:33 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by soonerfan
you know you can ask this in another thread....if only there is a thread you already started about this topic.

im just saying. now you have two active threads about the PCV valce
lol i know mistake but its good for newbies more info you know. anyway the autozone valve did fit fine i was just too confused and ended up creating this thread.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:35 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by aw89maxSE
I don't know man, I did the whole pliars thing too and I think I got it in there as far as possible. I turned the car on and my oil catch can was doing what it was suppose to do and I didn't see any leakage anywhere so I am guessing it's working. I don't know, maybe someone can chime in here but I would think it would be ok.
i got it figured i just pulled out the valve once again and pressed it in all the way it went all the way it suppose to be and that blue part is made to stay out as firm.