5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2003 Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Ro4Life04
hmmm......i was actually looking forward for the AE mod and getting some HIDs .... what do u suggest sooner ? is there any option besides getting the 02 headlights ?

Yeah... Getting ebay projectors and retofitting in real projectors.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:06 PM

I'd rather use the money from the cost of getting 02/03 headlamps and retrofit my 00/01's which are already black housed.

I can't blame sooner for bashing this guy by any means! He want suggestion so sooner and other's suggested they suck and do not use them. These light suck and if you have an 02/03 expect a nice gap around the lights also.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Cletus

hmmm......i was actually looking forward for the AE mod and getting some HIDs .... what do u suggest sooner ? is there any option besides getting the 02 headlights ?
AE mod plus sylvania silverstar bulbs
Old 03-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

upstate...do u have HID in your headlights, or just the AE mod....because they look pretty nice...kinda the look i was goin for....and i dont actually want to sped over $500 in getting ebay projectors, retrofitting with TSX projectors and then getting HIDs
Old 03-18-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
AE mod plus sylvania silverstar bulbs
Ha, thats what i have in my car.. execpt mine is an AE..

EDIT: Sorry about the quality i took it with my camera phone.. and yes, i know i need to clear the headlights :P
Old 03-18-2007, 07:15 PM

upstate...do u have HID in your headlights, or just the AE mod....because they look pretty nice...kinda the look i was goin for....and i dont actually want to sped over $500 in getting ebay projectors, retrofitting with TSX projectors and then getting HIDs

Just the AE mod, I am still debating getting a Bi-Xenon HID kit for my car... Helios HID's come with a glare shield that almost elimintes glare I guess so... I am debating my options.

BTW, the Bi-Xenons are the low and high beam HID setup... It moves the bulb in the housing to give both. Standard HID swaps are just low beams.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tippy Toes
I already purchased them. Even before the last thread of projectors was even braught up. I dont drive alot at night anyway. Not really at all for that matter so I am not worried about head on collusions at night or blinding other drivers. If the projectors become an issue I can also find someone to help me switch them out. Besides, guys lets face it, thats what the forum is for.

As far as you go sooner you could of posted the instruction to the sh1tty thread and been over this thread instead of posting all your negativity which none of the 4 or 5 posts helped.

Stay with stupid, stupid
Congratulations. You just proved to me and everyone in here that you don't even wish to take the advice given. So what is your reasoning behind becoming a member, again?

Those lights are cheap. They look cheaper than the OEM housing, and have MUCH worse light quality. Yet again, if you would have researched, you would have found that you are capable of installing REAL CCFL angel eyes (instead of those POS dimly lit ones in those ebay projectors) and painted the inside of your stock headlight housings black to create a much more sophisticated and functional look for less $ than you paid for those POSs. Go you.

And although you may not be worried about your pathetic life, it's also jeopardizing the other innocent lives of people driving toward you at night. I'll say it again: go you.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just to clarify some things...sooner said that there will be a lot of glare from my stock headlights....but i am gonna get helios HIDs, which like upstate said do have somewhat of a glare shield...so they would be ok right ? ....... i dont mean to bug u guys but i do want ur advice before i make bad mistakes like some people above
Old 03-18-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
heres a VALUABLE info, the projectors are not worth the money, unless if your going to retro fit them. were not here to hate, were here to help.
Exacly, Nice Teufelhunden
Old 03-18-2007, 09:13 PM

After reading this thread sooner i couldnt help but think you should change your user title back to "tells it like it is."
Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 AM

Anything NOT OEM = bad fitment. I bought some DEPO AE headlights, too lazy to do it myself to the originals. While it looks great from a far, when you get close, the fitment issues are NOTICEable on the Driver side.

Looking for 02-03 HID's now., or possibly will just black out the OEM 01's I have and keep those.

If you actually got those ebay projectors., sell me your 03 HID's...
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 AM

who in their right mind chooses ebay projectors over oem 02 HID's???
this thread is done, i think the guy just ran off. probably crying right now.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Cletus

Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM

Before I even took the old headlights out I noticed a huge gap anyways. Hence the headlight theft problem with our cars. This is NOT at all any different of "gap." I have them "installed" on my car.You guys may have bought older projector models off ebay but these turned out rather nice.

When did you guys buy them?

I would just like to say these are a great purchase besides the actual output of the light. The bulbs from autolumination look fine for now as well. I dont kno what all the fuss is about maybe couple months down the line I will see who knows. For now they look great.

Cheers
Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Please post a picture of the front of your car. I don't believe you for 1 sec that the gap is no bigger then the stock lights. Prove what you're claiming. Otherwise I call
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Why dont you drive down to florida so we dont have any "picture" disputes pal. Call it what you want but they look the same. Sorry that the ones you baught in 2005 werent identical.

Cheers
Old 03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Cletus

I would just like to say these are a great purchase besides the actual output of the light.
whats the point of headlights again?

quick search -

A headlight is a lamp,usually attached to the front of a vehicle such as a car, with the purpose of illuminating the road ahead during periods of low visibility, such as night or precipitation.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Why dont you drive down to florida so we dont have any "picture" disputes pal. Call it what you want but they look the same. Sorry that the ones you baught in 2005 werent identical.

Cheers
and you still don't seem to understand.

BAUGHT != BOUGHT

that is all.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Cletus

is your keyboard missing the o button?

bought (not baught)
brought (not braught)
Old 03-19-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
If you already 'baught' (it's bought by the way..) HIDs and you're planning on putting them in those, be ready to have a head on collision if you drive at night. Your POS projectors are not meant to house HIDs and will glare like a **** blinding other drivers. Unless, of course, you swap the projectors out, but by the sound of it you're not quite capable of doing so. A little research goes a long way BEFORE making purchases...
Might as well add in the other failed attempt....
Old 03-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Cletus

my tires were a good purchase besides the fact that they dont hold air...they sure do look nice though
Old 03-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by LA02MAX
Might as well add in the other failed attempt....
this whole thread is attempts to get a point across to this guy.
its like talking to a rock
Old 03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Why dont you drive down to florida so we dont have any "picture" disputes pal.
Cheers
Wait do you want me to drive down there so you can take advantage of me? I really don't understand what you're saying.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Cletus

i think it was a threat
"why dont you drive down to florida..."
Old 03-19-2007, 02:24 PM

my tires were a good purchase besides the fact that they dont hold air...they sure do look nice though
heh!

soo glad im north of this idiot and dont have to share the same roads he uses
Old 03-19-2007, 02:29 PM

those lights not retro'd are

(it's bought by the way..)

and to the OP those lights suck,.. everyone is just trying to help you out

also this thread is

Old 03-19-2007, 03:28 PM

Just like to thank everyone for their help on my original issue. You ALL helped out alot. Thank god I had you guys for help with the install. Not one person replied to the original post with any professional assistance. Thank you all for your opinions which were read in other searches. Maybe you will see them one day and just stfu about how ricey they look because they dont look one bit ricey or have huge gaps.

But thank you all once again

Cheers
Old 03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

one question:

were your hids stolen? why are you changing them again? just for looks i assume...

i was just wondering...
Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Cletus

Old 03-19-2007, 04:05 PM

So let me get this strait..........................this guy has a 02-03 maxima with STOCK/OEM HIDS but this dude opted to put in cheap/ricer/pos lookeing ebay projectors in??????ughmm yeah.......Is that it?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
So let me get this strait..........................this guy has a 02-03 maxima with STOCK/OEM HIDS but this dude opted to put in cheap/ricer/pos lookeing ebay projectors in??????ughmm yeah.......Is that it?
we really dont understand whats going on.
he isnt giving any information...he is just throwing a fit.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:19 PM

we really dont understand whats going on.
he isnt giving any information...he is just throwing a fit.
lol how old is this guy???????
Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 PM

I think I'm gonna buy a 4 banger Sentra motor and swap it into my car. I don't need a quality powered motor. But it will look mad sick yo!!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:38 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Physically or mentally?

Physically I'd say 30, mentally I say 12
Old 03-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Cletus

nobody knows...he didnt fill out any of his profile info. we also dont know what year his car is
Old 03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by TDotMax
I think I'm gonna buy a 4 banger Sentra motor and swap it into my car. I don't need a quality powered motor. But it will look mad sick yo!!
SR20DET swap FTW

sorry, had to drop some nissan knowledge
Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM

Just like to thank everyone for their help on my original issue. You ALL helped out alot. Thank god I had you guys for help with the install. Not one person replied to the original post with any professional assistance. Thank you all for your opinions which were read in other searches. Maybe you will see them one day and just stfu about how ricey they look because they dont look one bit ricey or have huge gaps.

Cheers

i dont believe anyone on this forum has a problem providing help to those in need. that is one of the reasons why we're here. now, to provide instruction on how to perform a not only illegal, but very dangerous modification to your car is not information many are willing to help with. they all simply stated that your setup is very dangerous and poses a threat to yourself and others on the road. others gave their opinions, which is to be expected. once again this is a forum. honestly, what did you expect for ebay jap mass produced headlights? how does that saying go? "you get what you pay for". if i were you, i would take the advice that you have received and do everyone a favor and do it the right way. it may cost a little more and take some more effort, but the end result will be much better. not to mention safer.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM

is your keyboard missing the o button?

bought (not baught)
brought (not braught)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
he probalby got the JDM keyboard, its missing the o button but it looks mad tight son!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM

Cheers
Cry me a river.

I thought you said you got these installed? Now you're just confusing everyone in here. And yes, we have given you plenty advice. Let me lay out your options:

1.) Soak up the loss and have some REAL projectors installed (such as E46 or TL projectors) and get HIDs. They will look a hell of a lot better, perform a hell of a lot better, and be a hell of a lot safer.

2.) Burn those pieces of crap and go back to your stock HIDs.

Go to www.hidplanet.com to look at prices/how-to's to see what's involved in the projector swap and find someone to do it for you.

It's you that doesn't seem to want to accept anyone's instruction/opinion in the first place. You said you got the lights installed and that they were plug and play. What's the point of this thread then?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:09 PM

seriously dude, if you cant take our advice, then go somewhere else and ask for professional help, what do we know about maximas? right? since you know so much about maximas, why do you come here and ask? and then get pissed when we do answer your questions? are you even old enough to drive??

Quick Reply: 2003 Projector Headlights