Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003-7/)
-   -   Camber Kit (https://maxima.org/forums/5th-generation-maxima-2000-2003/395069-camber-kit.html)

callkiss 05-16-2007 05:29 AM

Camber Kit

Guys this is crazy does anyone have information of where I could find a camber kit for the 03 maxima SE front and rear? I am not looking for the silly bolts that you can find for the front suspension.:thumbsdow If there are none available COTS then does anyone know who will custom make them for Maxima owners?

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 05:33 AM

stillen sells one

ManUtd18 05-16-2007 05:37 AM

I know this is a nub question, but what do Camber Kits do?

callkiss 05-16-2007 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
stillen sells one

Hmm... thats funny they never advertise that they sell them, I will check this out when there open today. Thanks!

callkiss 05-16-2007 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by ManUtd18
I know this is a nub question, but what do Camber Kits do?

What is camber?
Camber is the inward or outward tilt of the tire/wheel assembly. This angle is measured from a true vertical line, i.e. perpendicular to the ground. A tire/wheel assembly that is tilted outward at the top is considered to have Positive camber. While a tire/wheel assembly tilted inward at the top, displays Negative camber. For a zero setting, the tire/wheel assembly is in the exact vertical position or perpendicular to the ground.

How far can I lower my car before I need to adjust camber?
ANY amount of ride height change will cause camber and toe to change. It might not always be visible but having your camber out of adjustment will cause the tire to run on the inside edge only. The lower you go the more negative camber you will get and the faster the tire will wear. Toe will also be affected. Having your toe out of specifications will wear tires and make the car handle unfavorably.

Reference: http://www.ingallseng.com/faq.htm

ManUtd18 05-16-2007 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by callkiss
What is camber?
Camber is the inward or outward tilt of the tire/wheel assembly. This angle is measured from a true vertical line, i.e. perpendicular to the ground. A tire/wheel assembly that is tilted outward at the top is considered to have Positive camber. While a tire/wheel assembly tilted inward at the top, displays Negative camber. For a zero setting, the tire/wheel assembly is in the exact vertical position or perpendicular to the ground.

How far can I lower my car before I need to adjust camber?
ANY amount of ride height change will cause camber and toe to change. It might not always be visible but having your camber out of adjustment will cause the tire to run on the inside edge only. The lower you go the more negative camber you will get and the faster the tire will wear. Toe will also be affected. Having your toe out of specifications will wear tires and make the car handle unfavorably.

Reference: http://www.ingallseng.com/faq.htm

So when you lower your car, you should get a camber kit?

I just lowered my max.

callkiss 05-16-2007 05:55 AM

So when you lower your car, you should get a camber kit?

I just lowered my max.

I guess to answer your question, "yes." Opinions might differ, but I am going to drop my car another inch (its already dropped 1.5 inches) eventually and I would rather have these cambers installed before I go that far.

JaKillz2 05-16-2007 06:08 AM

You never answered what camber kits actually DO lol. A camber kit corrects usually negative camber by extending the length of the upper control arm, allowing the ball joint which holds the control arm in place to be adjusted, in turn resetting the wheel to 0. Also, get an allignment!

callkiss 05-16-2007 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by JaKillz2
You never answered what camber kits actually DO lol. A camber kit corrects usually negative camber by extending the length of the upper control arm, allowing the ball joint which holds the control arm in place to be adjusted, in turn resetting the wheel to 0. Also, get an allignment!

Why thank you

ManUtd18 05-16-2007 06:10 AM

Where can you get camber kits and how much are they?

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 06:16 AM

thats what this thread is about...give it time.

and you dont always need a kit if you are lowered. it depends on the drop. i have H&R and a normal alignment got the camber within specs. you only need the kit if the car is lowered past the point that an alignment can fix it.

callkiss 05-16-2007 06:18 AM

Sooner said you can find them at Stillen.com, not sure how much yet.

callkiss 05-16-2007 06:19 AM

thats what this thread is about...give it time.

and you dont always need a kit if you are lowered. it depends on the drop. i have H&R and a normal alignment got the camber within specs. you only need the kit if the car is lowered past the point that an alignment can fix it.

Come on Sooner he said he was a newbie :D Oops not a newbie, but obviously doesn’t know much about this subject.

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 06:27 AM

Come on Sooner he said he was a newbie :D Oops not a newbie, but obviously doesn’t know much about this subject.

but he doesnt need to "jack the tread" and act like he is starting the question :slant:

callkiss 05-16-2007 06:34 AM

but he doesnt need to "jack the tread" and act like he is starting the question :slant:

Oops I see :eek:

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 06:35 AM

Oops I see :eek:

and i just remembered that i dont like you...i dont remember why...but i still do

:wall:

callkiss 05-16-2007 06:38 AM

and i just remembered that i dont like you...i dont remember why...but i still do

:wall:

That cool, your are allow to feel what you feel, this is America.:growup:

ManUtd18 05-16-2007 06:55 AM

Sorry Soonerfan, I didn't mean to "jack the thread".

MaximumPower01 05-16-2007 06:57 AM

lol

Some people should seriously remove the wad still stuck in their panties......:vqman:

:deezo:

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 07:18 AM

did people ignore the :wall: smilie implying it was a joke?

proof that it was a joke...i answered the question

and way to quote me and take the time to remove the smilie to make it seem like i was serious

callkiss 05-16-2007 07:23 AM

did people ignore the :wall: smilie implying it was a joke?

proof that it was a joke...i answered the question

and way to quote me and take the time to remove the smilie to make it seem like i was serious

Ok, Ok Sooner, it really isn't a big deal :chuckle: I am cool with you.

SoonerFan 05-16-2007 07:24 AM

Ok, Ok Sooner, it really isn't a big deal :chuckle: I am cool with you.

go back to the DC forum

:lolrun:

callkiss 05-17-2007 02:23 AM

stillen sells one

I called Stillen and they no longer carry the camber plates :madmofo:. I asked could it be custom made being that they once sold it? Stillen said, "No." All they have is that Frackin camber bolt:banghead: which I heard is hard to adjust during your inlinement process.

irish44j 05-17-2007 07:12 AM

Stillen hasn't made them in about 2 years. When they did make them, they ran about $400 for the set. I used to have them, but took them off because frankly, I didn't need them, and the upper mount made alot of freakin' noise.

myktek 05-17-2007 09:23 AM

eibach makes them, there is a group deal on it, i posted in the thread on how to use them b/c they look really weird