5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

STILLEN RSB installed today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 02:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

What a pain in the butt! Anyways, I goofed the first time which made it a pain. I installed the brackets a little too far back so when I backed out of my driveway, CLUNK, that 3rd link hit the bar. I was like crap! So jack back up, tires back off, unbolted the whole thing, and moved all the links forward more. Stillen's picture SUCKS on there instructions and does not show the exact placement correct. I installed them again, and have the bar right under the front lip of our beam.

Impressions:

I am extremly impressed after a 10min drive tossing the car around, taking some high-speed turns on a road and the car just stuck, and didn't lean near as much as it use too! The car just feels like it wants more but the tires aren't that great so they start giving out.

I like!

Old 07-22-2001, 05:15 PM
Got Bent?

Old 07-22-2001, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
What a pain in the butt! Anyways, I goofed the first time which made it a pain. I installed the brackets a little too far back so when I backed out of my driveway, CLUNK, that 3rd link hit the bar. I was like crap! So jack back up, tires back off, unbolted the whole thing, and moved all the links forward more. Stillen's picture SUCKS on there instructions and does not show the exact placement correct. I installed them again, and have the bar right under the front lip of our beam.

Impressions:

I am extremly impressed after a 10min drive tossing the car around, taking some high-speed turns on a road and the car just stuck, and didn't lean near as much as it use too! The car just feels like it wants more but the tires aren't that great so they start giving out.

I like!
how do you think it will feel with just rsb and no FSTB.
Old 07-22-2001, 05:45 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by LoveSick

how do you think it will feel with just rsb and no FSTB.
I wouldn't know....

Old 07-22-2001, 05:52 PM
PhatGuy

Congrats

After having the RSB on for a few weeks you will wonder why you didn't have it on the whole time. Whats up next on your mod hit list? Y-pipe? Springs?

Impressions:

I like!

Old 07-22-2001, 06:44 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Congrats

Originally posted by PhatGuy
After having the RSB on for a few weeks you will wonder why you didn't have it on the whole time. Whats up next on your mod hit list? Y-pipe? Springs?

Here is a picture of it installed...

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...sb/rsblast.jpg

Phat, also, nothing planned next for a bit, I need to do other things than car for a while... heheheheh. So its good enough for the moment, but after a bit, body kit is next, then maybe springs and shocks (after thenewclimax) gets his GC setup, I want a ride to see how it is.

Old 07-22-2001, 07:16 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Congrats

Always so sweet to have your install instructions. Russ is a true Max man! Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe Y-pipe

Here is a picture of it installed...

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/russmax...sb/rsblast.jpg

Phat, also, nothing planned next for a bit, I need to do other things than car for a while... heheheheh. So its good enough for the moment, but after a bit, body kit is next, then maybe springs and shocks (after thenewclimax) gets his GC setup, I want a ride to see how it is.

Old 07-23-2001, 12:33 AM

Congrats on the Install, and i know what u mean on the awfull pics that stillen had...u love the y-pipe whenever u get it and springs make the ride a lot better
Old 07-23-2001, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by Dario
Congrats on the Install, and i know what u mean on the awfull pics that stillen had...u love the y-pipe whenever u get it and springs make the ride a lot better
Its about time that you install that thing. Man you are catching up to my mod list
Old 07-23-2001, 01:14 PM

i just got my y-pipe, rt cat, and springs installed on friday... i dunno... i feel the springs so far the most... i dont really feel the y-pipe/cat setup... u can definatly hear it though... but power wise im not sure yet... im gonna install my PRCAI prob in the next few days... does anyone have instructions on that? i gotta check it out... i didnt even open the box yet... im gonna pick up the RSB next... Hogan dont worry im coming for it!! hehe
Old 07-23-2001, 02:10 PM

Stillen sticker

Nice job, I didn't think to apply the Stillen sticker cause it looks great in your photo.
Old 07-23-2001, 06:04 PM

Nice install Russ. I want to know what happened to, "I don't have money for expensive mods"? You have been at a mod a week rate for the past three weeks I think!

Are you going to drive down for Maxus? We'll have to park the twins along side one another.
out.
Old 07-23-2001, 06:09 PM
RussMaxManiac

MAXUS is a bit too far for me. I don't see anyone actually going from Texas on the list of attendee's. hehehe. Anyways, I hope next years MAXUS 3 years since I went to one, is closer then I will make the drive.... Make it a Las Vegas one I bet we have a good amount show.

Originally posted by FloMax
Nice install Russ. I want to know what happened to, "I don't have money for expensive mods"? You have been at a mod a week rate for the past three weeks I think!

Are you going to drive down for Maxus? We'll have to park the twins along side one another.
out.