5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sticking windows on 2K

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 03:50 PM

I posted once before my windows were sticking. They "broke loose" when I tried to down them. On colder days, they would stick so much the motor was not strong enough to lower them. On warm days, there is hesitation, then the sticking breaks loose.

Anway, went by the dealer today and mentioned it to them. I asked about dry graphite. They said they used a spray form. I went by Pep Boys right after and could not find the spray, but found the liquid form. I did not think "dry" graphite would do the trick since it was obviously dry along the window channel to begin with. I bought a 3 OZ bottle of liquid graphite for $2.

I poured some on wax paper, then took a Q-tip and dunked one end in. I took the wetted Q-tip and ran it along the full length of the window channel from front to back. I dunked the Q-tip again and did the same. It was barely coating the channel, which is good 'cause I didn't want black stuff all over my windows. I did this to each window using one Q-tip and only one end. I wiped off any excess from the window channel which was not very much.

I tested each window and the sticking went away, plus the window sounds more "smooth" when it connects to the rubber/plastic of the window channel. No more "sticking" sound going up or down.

The liquid stuff works great. Am now waiting to see how it works when it gets cooler tonight, because that is when it really would stick.

Damn, you'd think I was describing some important engine rebuild topic the way I am rambling....
Old 10-20-2000, 04:11 PM

Hey U can say it gained some HP on the window motor
Old 10-20-2000, 05:18 PM
dvyuan

I don't believe that the dealer did not do anything about it!! You would think they would try to fix something as simple as this!