5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Test drove 02 Maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 09:51 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Acura2001CL-S

ACURA2001CL-S THE MAXIMA KILLER!
RACE ME!
Old 08-23-2001, 10:02 PM
is invisible

I clicked on this thread because I thought it was about the 2002 Max...

People need to get over themselves...since when was the MAx God's gift to the world? There are always bigger fish out there.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:09 PM
is invisible

Hey punk...

No what it means is the 6spd CL-S when released will smoke the 6sp Max hands down. I doubt that the new Max auto will beat me, since the previous gens auto or manual could hardly put up a fight. BTW the new Max is fugly, whoever pays that much for a Nissan needs to be shot!
stop posting here...you make the CL-S guys looks bad.

I don't think the new Max exactly gorgeous...but I think the CL is uglier...but that's all my opinion, since looks are subjective.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by ArcticMax
If no one told me there was a 3.5 under the hood, I wouldn't have noticed the difference. It has slightly better low end, but the high end is not as good as my 2k 5 speed. Us 5 speed owners know how the engine just RUSHES to the redline in first gear, but in the 2k2, I could not feel that. I am willing to bet that a 2k 5-speed is faster than a 2k2 auto.
(In a vain attempt to get back on topic...)

How many miles were on that car? Don't you think a lot of this might be the fact that the ENGINE WASN'T BROKEN IN?

'Course, now that you flogged it, the owner of that car will forever wonder why he burns a quart of oil every 1000 miles...

(Oh, and why does everyone want to get dragged into a "My d1ck is bigger than your d1ck" argument? Some troll comes in here, and everyone just wants to feed it...)
Old 08-24-2001, 03:42 AM

Steve, why do you suck so much Maxima ****? Where will you be next on the RSX forum sucking their ****s? You little ***** you. Steve you don't even own the POS Max! Ban me I don't give a ****... I'll keep killing Max's all day everyday! You ****in idiots still drive a slow family car, that you think is in the same league with CL-S or TL-S. Nissan will never be the company that Honda is nor Toyota for that matter. Nissan is a 3rd rate company and I would rather drive a POS Ford before owning a Nissan...you Maxipad guys need to get a life and stop dreaming!

Do you mind if I sit back a little? Because your breath is very bad.
- - - Donald Trump (to Larry King)

Your car is NOT the greatest in the world. I fail to understand why you worship it as though it was a Ferarri or Bugatti...I like Maximas but I'm not as weird about it as you...
Old 08-24-2001, 04:38 AM

Steve, why do you suck so much Maxima ****? Where will you be next on the RSX forum sucking their ****s? You little ***** you. Steve you don't even own the POS Max! Ban me I don't give a ****... I'll keep killing Max's all day everyday! You ****in idiots still drive a slow family car, that you think is in the same league with CL-S or TL-S. Nissan will never be the company that Honda is nor Toyota for that matter. Nissan is a 3rd rate company and I would rather drive a POS Ford before owning a Nissan...you Maxipad guys need to get a life and stop dreaming!

Um.. My Viper will blow your Acura away. lol
Old 08-24-2001, 04:39 AM

Re: I just love cars...

Originally posted by BlackAE
Hey, like it's been said before, who gives a stool? Very few of us buy a car simply to accelerate faster than all the other cars on the road (and those who do probably have neither a Maxima or a TL/CL-S). There are so many intangibles that in the end it boils down to a matter of personal taste. Even if you had a 100 lane highway and lined up 50 maximas and 50 TL-S's, the fight over who's car is better would still go on. Give it up. You might as well argue over who has the best wife or girlfriend.
hehehe.. well, my wife is better than your wife! So there!
Old 08-24-2001, 05:56 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

oh my bad...I thought you were gonna pull that cheesy "we got Nav" line but I had to take that one away from you before you had the chance so now I see that you've stooped to the next lower level...

Whatever.

In the words of Shania Twain, "you don't impress me much"
Old 08-24-2001, 06:08 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by chilltownryderz
It's useless talking to this Acura boy. No matter what you say whether it be a fact or not this guy doesnt even try to listen. He's as close minded as they come. Whats the point
I was thinking this as I was replying, but figured I'd give it one last try, since he's the only Acura retard that bothers stopping by here anymore. But apparently (from his last reply) stupidity has just overwhelmed him and there's no hope afterall.

Ah well...
Old 08-24-2001, 06:10 AM

Bring it to dallas and get killed.
Punk.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:32 AM

Re: Re: I just love cars...

Originally posted by bobl
hehehe.. well, my wife is better than your wife! So there!
My wife puts out at least 245wp (wife power) on any given test. Sure, you're wife may be putting out 260wp on a regular basis, but consider this: My wife is 87pounds. That works out to 2.82wp/lb and I challenge anyone to come up with a more effective wife than that. I've never encountered anybody else's wife who can put out more than 2.50wp/lb. And she's all stock baby! If she let me mod her she'd be out of the stratosphere! Nooooow who's laughing?
Old 08-24-2001, 10:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: I just love cars...

Originally posted by BlackAE

My wife puts out at least 245wp (wife power) on any given test. Sure, you're wife may be putting out 260wp on a regular basis, but consider this: My wife is 87pounds. That works out to 2.82wp/lb and I challenge anyone to come up with a more effective wife than that. I've never encountered anybody else's wife who can put out more than 2.50wp/lb. And she's all stock baby! If she let me mod her she'd be out of the stratosphere! Nooooow who's laughing?
LOL