5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pics of AE kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 05:47 PM

Check out the sig pic. If that's too blurry, then check out the attachment....that may be better.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks sweet!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:56 PM

Looks Awesome!! Did it take long to install?
Old 09-02-2001, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, it took a long time. It was a little hard to match up cause the templates that Nissan provided were off. So if anyone wants to attempt the install, please send me a PM and I'll tell you the tricks. There's just too many to post here. To give you an idea how long it took, the front took 5 hours total. A lot of paitence and dry fitting. The sides were pretty fast once we figured out how to mark the body, but thinking about how to mark the body took 2 hours, then the actual installtion about an hour for both sides. The back was the hardest, and even Nissan was having trouble doing this section. I forgot how long it took, but it took awhile.

This install is not for the faint of heart and is very time consuming. If you want to take it to a shop to do it be my guest, but you'll probably do a better job if you do it yourself.
Old 09-02-2001, 06:14 PM

Wow... Sounds like the time really paid off for you though. I have an AE but I guess I took the skirts for granted... didnt know they took so long to install. Really though, for a days work, you cant beat it! I painted my calipers yesterday and it took the better part of it.

OH.... By the way... does the exaust pipes on your car clear the rear kit ok? I wish Nissan would have dressed up the AE exaust pipes a little bit.
Old 09-02-2001, 06:22 PM

Looks good man. I was waiting for some to put an AE kit on with the SE/GLE 16" rims, so I could see what it would look like. And it looks good! I too want to know if they have a cut out for the exhaust tip?
Old 09-02-2001, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity
Check out the sig pic. If that's too blurry, then check out the attachment....that may be better.
how much did you spend on the kit and where did you get it?

thanx
Old 09-02-2001, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by Wreck-Diver
Wow... Sounds like the time really paid off for you though. I have an AE but I guess I took the skirts for granted... didnt know they took so long to install. Really though, for a days work, you cant beat it! I painted my calipers yesterday and it took the better part of it.

OH.... By the way... does the exaust pipes on your car clear the rear kit ok? I wish Nissan would have dressed up the AE exaust pipes a little bit.
Yeah, the pipes clear the kit cause the kit doesn't wrap all the way around. It stops at the "exhaust pipe curvature/cut out" part on the right hand side (when looking at the car from the rear). It stops at the same interval on the left side as the right side. The left side doesn't wrap all the way around to the exhaust "cut out" and I thought it looked really wierd at first, but when I asked my friends, they said it looked more like a kit. And it grew on me. I think it looks pretty good now, but it took a little while to get used to. I guess you could say, its "incompleteness" makes it complete.

However, it looks like the exhaust of the non-AEs will clear the kit if it did go all the way around. It might overlap a little, but it should be okay. The AE exhaust is wierd only cause it was taken from the I30, but I saw that someone in AZ put chrome tips on their AE. It looked really nice. So you can do that instead.
Old 09-02-2001, 08:05 PM
chris4o1

nice!!.. i think it looks like the stillen kit

Old 09-02-2001, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by Maxima-Ness

how much did you spend on the kit and where did you get it?

thanx
The other post was getting long so I decided to answer your question here. I got the kit from Dave B for a little more than 1100 (I think..I forgot how much it was), cause I live in Hawaii and shipping was more, but I also purchased the AE splash guards too. The kit itself is 1030 I believe. But if you're gonna pick it up, then PM me, cause I'll help you along with the install.
Old 09-02-2001, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Greg's2kGLE
Looks good man. I was waiting for some to put an AE kit on with the SE/GLE 16" rims, so I could see what it would look like. And it looks good! I too want to know if they have a cut out for the exhaust tip?
Me too, your car's even the same color Do you have any higher res pix you could email me?
Old 09-03-2001, 09:59 AM

WHAT DOES AE STAND FOR?
Old 09-03-2001, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by paul m
WHAT DOES AE STAND FOR?
Anniversary Edition.
Most OEM mods here are from the AE edition of the Max.
Mods like AE sills, AE shifter among others.
Old 09-03-2001, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Ludacris

Me too, your car's even the same color Do you have any higher res pix you could email me?
Sorry, I don't have any higher res pics to email you now, but remind me around Dec, and hopefully I'll get a hold of a dig camera.
Old 09-03-2001, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

Yeah, the pipes clear the kit cause the kit doesn't wrap all the way around. It stops at the "exhaust pipe curvature/cut out" part on the right hand side (when looking at the car from the rear). It stops at the same interval on the left side as the right side. The left side doesn't wrap all the way around to the exhaust "cut out"...
Wait you said it didn't wrap all the way around the rear bumper?

So it's like Stillen's 4th gen kit where it doesn't connect in the middle. If so I think You are missing a piece in the center. All AE's have the center piece on the rear valence...
Old 09-03-2001, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by young1976

Wait you said it didn't wrap all the way around the rear bumper?

So it's like Stillen's 4th gen kit where it doesn't connect in the middle. If so I think You are missing a piece in the center. All AE's have the center piece on the rear valence...
Yes, I am missing the middle piece, but there are end caps on the rear pieces that make it complete. You are right in that all AEs have the center piece but the reason why they didn't make it connect is because of the exhaust issue. The AE exhaust points to the ground and the regular exhaust shoots out horizontally.