5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

This guy is building a Twin Turbo for the 5th gen ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 05:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/vbb/sho...=&threadid=511
Old 09-04-2001, 10:01 PM

awesome

I should sign up for that board. Been a little too lazy lately. Wow, he hasn't spent too much on that so far. Maybe if we can find the turbo's, he could supply everything else. Or, if he and (ugh, I forget his name)the dude from NJ working on the turbo. Maybe with both of them working together we could get a cheaper turbo kit, that puts out as much if not more reliable power than the s/c. I can't wait! With how much he's spent so far on his twin turbo set up, maybe I could get the turbo sooner than I thought! Woo Hoo! wooooooooshhhh!
Old 09-04-2001, 11:36 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

This guy metions the turbo, some piping and flanges and stuff and thats about it? twin turbo with no fuel upgrade? no ECU upgrade? i HIGHLY doubt that. I also dont think you can run much boost without running into detonation probs. There are alot more detailed things i feel he is overlooking but good luck.

dont wanna get your hopes down, but i dont think looking for a good power producing realiable turbo kit is gonna be very realible. There will always be lil probs here and there. And remember how you will handle your smog(if your state requires it)
Old 09-05-2001, 01:13 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
This guy metions the turbo, some piping and flanges and stuff and thats about it? twin turbo with no fuel upgrade? no ECU upgrade? i HIGHLY doubt that. I also dont think you can run much boost without running into detonation probs. There are alot more detailed things i feel he is overlooking but good luck.

dont wanna get your hopes down, but i dont think looking for a good power producing realiable turbo kit is gonna be very realible. There will always be lil probs here and there. And remember how you will handle your smog(if your state requires it)

...this coming from the guy with a turbo max that can't get above 2nd gear!

just messin with ya matthel!
Old 09-05-2001, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

I was reading on the 5th gen forum, and he has a TON of engine mod's already to support his s/c with the 2.75 pulley. hmm... more research for me. seems like it'll take 10 years of reading to understand exactly what one needs for a turbo / s/c setup.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:22 AM
I'm needing a caw

I read that. It's a novel idea. I don't know if it's worth having two small twin turbos on an oem na engine already at 10:1+ compression. The V6 should provide ample exhaust velocity to drive a small/medium single turbo. If max boost is a concern, it shouldn't really be, the stock VQ can't handle much(relative) boost anyway. My main concern is by mounting the turbos(w/ flange adaptors) directly onto each exhauast manifold collector, will they be mounted high enough to allow the oil to drain into the oil pan. Also mounting the turbos that low might cause you to have to run the down pipes really low also. This might cause ground clearance problems. Oh well, good luck.

Let me know when it's done. From what I read, he sounds pretty knowledgable.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:38 AM

To put twin turbo's on would take alot. One wouldn't take a whole lot but 2 would. Can't wait to see how many engines it takes to get it right.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:50 AM
I'm needing a caw

Tuning by blowing up engines is not proper tuning.

Originally posted by max'n out
To put twin turbo's on would take alot. One wouldn't take a whole lot but 2 would. Can't wait to see how many engines it takes to get it right.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:01 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Tuning by blowing up engines is not proper tuning.

Eh... close enough.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:07 AM
I'm needing a caw

I see how your gonna tune yours.

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Eh... close enough.