5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealer scratched my car! What do I do??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 06:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Dealer scratched my car! What do I do??

Freakin' Nissan dealer had my car for two weeks and two days to just fix a stupid rattle. Finally after a Nissan engineer comes out to look at the car they tell me that it is normal!! YEAH RIGHT!!

Now I get my car back and there are scratches on the front and rear bumper! I'm not some loser trying to pull a fast one on the dealer but they really did cause the scratches. I've had it with these people, what do I do? It seems like the only course of action now is small claims court. Does anyone have some advice?

HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 09-26-2001, 06:49 PM
Got Bent?

take it back and show them first. If they give you trouble over it, then you may want to involve more parties in the case.....
Old 09-26-2001, 06:50 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Bottom line is can you prove that they scratched your car. If you can't find out to see if a professional detailer can buff out the scratches.

Maximadave
Old 09-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Ford Only.

Where have you been Dave?
Old 09-26-2001, 07:14 PM

They already tried to buff out the scratches but they are still there. I took pictures right before I took the car as proof. We'll see what happens when I speak to them again.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:21 PM

Aw man, sorry to hear that....here's what you do....scratch their cars back!!! But seriously, just document what you can and confront them first, and take legal action if need be.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:30 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

it will be hard to prove now that u have left the lot w/ the car.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:37 PM

It is tough to prove you didnt bring the car damaged, so I doubt you'll win in court. I'd take it as a loss. See what your insurance agent says, try to make your ins. company go after the dealership (they got own liability policy) so you're not at-fault. What's your estimate?
Old 09-26-2001, 10:00 PM

Thanks guys

I took pictures of the damage before I left the lot. I figure that it won't cost that much $200-300. I washed the car a few days before I gave it to them and I would have noticed those scratches. They definately were not there at that time. Unless I got hit on the front and rear bumper in a span of 3 days, Nissan did it.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:46 PM

same thing here

damn nissan took my car in to fix my seat. (the back cover on the seat came off) and when i went to get my car 1 hr later...i see this big a$$ scratch on my rear bumper. the scratch was at least 4 inches long and so f***ing deep. when i went back in there and told them what happened, they said it wasnt them. a$$holes. its been almost 2 months since that happened and i always wanted to get it repainted, but i dont have the time to. how much would it cost? would the lil paint job match out evenly?
Old 09-26-2001, 11:03 PM

Re: Dealer scratched my car! What do I do??

Originally posted by cobymoby
Freakin' Nissan dealer had my car for two weeks and two days to just fix a stupid rattle. Finally after a Nissan engineer comes out to look at the car they tell me that it is normal!! YEAH RIGHT!!

Now I get my car back and there are scratches on the front and rear bumper! I'm not some loser trying to pull a fast one on the dealer but they really did cause the scratches. I've had it with these people, what do I do? It seems like the only course of action now is small claims court. Does anyone have some advice?

HELP PLEASE!!!
ummmm.....go back and scratch there cars and see how they like that?
Old 09-27-2001, 03:07 PM

Thanks guys

I took pictures of the damage before I left the lot. I figure that it won't cost that much $200-300. I washed the car a few days before I gave it to them and I would have noticed those scratches. They definately were not there at that time. Unless I got hit on the front and rear bumper in a span of 3 days, Nissan did it.

there's an ad on TV about so-called paint sticks for nearly any color, for deep scratches. Your fill in your scratch, let it dry, and then buff. I saw similar staff at Salvo Autoparts here in MD.
If your estimate is 200-300 then the aggravation of litigation doesn't worth it. If you had prepaid legal, on the other hand, it'd be for free..go figure.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:09 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

That's such BS!!!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!

I feel sorry for you!

Your misfortune has RECONFIRMED my idea of videotaping the car with the days newspaper before I drop it off(unless I can watch!) to get my ECU programmed. Then any damage will be unquestionable.

I hate the way dealers break two things to fix one and then they try to cover their a$$ by lying. Again, this is another example why I don't like to take my car to dealers unless ABSOLUTELY necessary and also why I won't buy another Nissan.