5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 09:49 AM

Where to buy?

I think I am dead set on getting some "Progress springs"!! Where should I buy them from...and what is a good price?

BTW...I am going for the dropped look more than the handling. I like the Eibach's...but I think they will be too stiff for Missery roads.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:54 AM
PhatGuy

I went with the H&R and have no complaints and just praise! Corner and high speed stability have greatly improved. The ride is still smooth..not as smooth as stock...but well balance springs IMO.

Old 10-02-2001, 10:21 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
I went with the H&R and have no complaints and just praise! Corner and high speed stability have greatly improved. The ride is still smooth..not as smooth as stock...but well balance springs IMO.
I have heard good things about the H&R springs ....stiffer than SE suspension but not as stiff as Eibach....but I can't imagine dropping the whole car by 2" The back wheels would be up in the wheel well. For some reason my wheel gap in the back is not that bad. (Probably because I have Golfclubs, Lug wrench, 5 pairs of shoes, and an assortment of other stuff that has accumulated in the trunk over the past year) That reminds me....time to clean that sucker out. Does anyone else have the problem with too much stuff on the POS cardboard cover. Mine is warped big time...looks like poop when I look in the trunk now!
Old 10-07-2001, 01:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Where to buy?

Originally posted by MOBOY
I think I am dead set on getting some "Progress springs"!! Where should I buy them from...and what is a good price?

BTW...I am going for the dropped look more than the handling. I like the Eibach's...but I think they will be too stiff for Missery roads.
You guys failed to answer his question
Old 10-07-2001, 01:24 AM

Yeah, I had that same problem with the cardboard crap in both my Maximas. It broke when I tossed the very first body in. Dayum, you'd think they could do something better for the price. Actually, I replaced the entire floor with masonite in my 4th Generation Max. But, I haven't gotten around to doing it in my 5th just yet. I'll probably use plex this time around, though.

Oh, yeah...as for the springs: I don't know. I prefer my GC Coil Overs with Eibach ERS. Love the ride and love the look too!

ADMAN
Old 10-07-2001, 03:09 AM

Moby, definately let me know about what happens about your car! I'm in the same situation as you. I'm getting 18's and I know I'm gonna have some really nasty wheel gap when I do. i saw the pics of your car and the gap is pretty huge. I need to lower the darn thing but i'm affraid that the H&R's won't lower it enough. I think Progress lower the most but I'm really worried about the ride going to hell. What kind of tires did you get? I think I'm gonna get 18x7.5 and 235/40/18's all around.
Old 10-07-2001, 03:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah I seem to have the same opinion. I mean most all of the springs made for the maxima only have a slight edge over the drop when comparing the front drop to the rear drop. Like 1.5" for front and 1.3" for rear.

It needs to be more like 2.5" for front, 1" for rear. SERIOUSLY, the rear looks like it barely needs to drop, like if I got springs, I seriously would probably just install the front one first and see if I even need to install ones in the rear.

I would go for GCs but i hear from KEV the ride is HARRSSSSSSHHHH!
Old 10-07-2001, 04:39 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

like if I got springs, I seriously would probably just install the front one first and see if I even need to install ones in the rear.

I was going to do the same exact thing but people talked me out of it. They said that because of the uneven spring rates the handling of the car would be way off. The front being all stiff and the rear being all loose would make it kinda unstable. I'm going to use spring spacers in the rear because I'm sure that it's gonna need em. What kind of springs did you decide on?
Old 10-07-2001, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
Hey Phatguy did you have to get camber plates? H&R drop like 1.4f/1.3r? You only swapped out the springs?
Old 10-07-2001, 12:08 PM

The ride is as only has harsh as the spring rate YOU choose.
Old 10-07-2001, 12:18 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Where to buy?

And you did as well!?

Originally posted by dashingMax

You guys failed to answer his question

Old 10-07-2001, 12:19 PM
PhatGuy

Ya straight swap.
With a FSTB and RSB it makes a world of difference.

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000

Hey Phatguy did you have to get camber plates? H&R drop like 1.4f/1.3r? You only swapped out the springs?

Old 10-07-2001, 01:04 PM

pnpdesigns@aol.com....juss email em and tell em what u want.....they're gonna be 130+s&h
atw
Old 10-07-2001, 01:12 PM

Re: Re: Where to buy?

if you guys want a dropped look then buy some sprint springs or some GC coilovers.
Old 10-07-2001, 02:40 PM

Re: Re: Re: Where to buy?

Originally posted by yongjun
if you guys want a dropped look then buy some sprint springs or some GC coilovers.

but those two ride like crap.
Old 10-07-2001, 05:44 PM

Amen

It needs to be more like 2.5" for front, 1" for rear. SERIOUSLY, the rear looks like it barely needs to drop, like if I got springs, I seriously would probably just install the front one first and see if I even need to install ones in the rear.

I'd like to say "Amen" to that!! The closest thing are Progress springs but they seem to have fitting problems in the rear...
$130 is not a bad price.

BTW, I measured my front ground clearance. It is NINE INCHES!!
Audi, BMW, Acura TL...all have not more than 5"-6" inches ground clearance...
Old 10-07-2001, 08:05 PM

Re: Amen

I'd like to say "Amen" to that!! The closest thing are Progress springs but they seem to have fitting problems in the rear...
$130 is not a bad price.

BTW, I measured my front ground clearance. It is NINE INCHES!!
Audi, BMW, Acura TL...all have not more than 5"-6" inches ground clearance...
$130 for the set? You gotta be kidding me? SHIEEEEEEETTT. If that fits a 5th gen, I am buying tommorow.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:08 PM

Re: Re: Amen

$130 for the set? You gotta be kidding me? SHIEEEEEEETTT. If that fits a 5th gen, I am buying tommorow.
yo bigdog, juss so u know, i been posting that i got em for 130 for a while now...its gonna be 130+~20s&h...1.7f/1.5r
atw
Old 10-07-2001, 09:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Amen

Originally posted by MaxedOut2g

yo bigdog, juss so u know, i been posting that i got em for 130 for a while now...its gonna be 130+~20s&h...1.7f/1.5r
atw
Yeah I am kinda slow at noticing that. How is the ride? and do I NEED to install new shocks/struts? I really dont want to.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen

Yeah I am kinda slow at noticing that. How is the ride? and do I NEED to install new shocks/struts? I really dont want to.
Not for a 2001 car. The stock struts should be able to handle the drop and WILL wear out faster than aftermarket struts.

You think $130 is good...how about Sprint Springs for $120 shipped?!!
The only problem... NO ONE has has it in stock
Old 10-08-2001, 01:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen

Not for a 2001 car. The stock struts should be able to handle the drop and WILL wear out faster than aftermarket struts.

You think $130 is good...how about Sprint Springs for $120 shipped?!!
The only problem... NO ONE has has it in stock
Man these springs are cheap as $hieeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 10-08-2001, 01:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen

Man these springs are cheap as $hieeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Let's just hope that they are "INEXPENSIVE" and not "CHEAP"...know what I mean
Old 10-08-2001, 03:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen

Let's just hope that they are "INEXPENSIVE" and not "CHEAP"...know what I mean
Unfortunately those two usually go hand in hand. Let's hope that these progress springs are an exception to the rule.
Old 10-08-2001, 03:20 PM

Re: Amen

Originally posted by cobymoby

Unfortunately those two usually go hand in hand. Let's hope that these progress springs are an exception to the rule.
I've seen a couple of new posts on here about B&G Springs.
1.6" drop front and back.
Made in Europe (like H&R)
Soft Ride (like H&R)
Less expensive than H&R or Eibach. The best price is $180 shipped from www.nis-knacks.com or $181 shipped from www.shox.com

There have been a few installs and so far NO COMPLAINTS, which is rather unusual. I've noticed folk on this board complain more than they compliment

-Cheers