5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Noticed the new 2k2's don't have a gas tube protector plate!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 09:42 AM

Noticed the new 2k2's don't have a gas tube protector plate!

I know, I know, we've all talked about this but I noticed at the dealership the new 2k2's don't have one under the wheel well either. I've been asking the dealer about it everytime I go for an oil change (3 times now) and he says there's no TSB so there's nothing he can do about it. I still get dirt in the gas door, and I still clean it out when I fill up.

Old 10-16-2001, 01:27 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Minimas strike again...
Old 10-16-2001, 02:09 PM

could someone explain?????
Old 10-16-2001, 02:11 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=60533

i thought Kev already had the TSB info in this forum?

and tell the dealer to kiss your *** after showing him the TSB......

Geez Nissan is stupid.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:34 PM

If you guys have the TSB on this "please", could you tell me - Winters on it's way and I don't want salt getting in my 01's tank.

2002 Maxima SE - Congrats on a beautiful car. You'll enjoy it like I've enjoyed my SE, unfortunatly I'm 3.0. Anyway, if you look under the rear wheel well where you put gas in the car you will see the "gas tube" exposed all the way up to where you put in the gas. There is suppose to be a cover for the gas tube under the wheel well. What happens is dirt, water, salt and whatever gets kicked up from the tires into where you put gas in your car through the little pin hole that lets the gas run off when there is a overflow when you fill the tank (or drips from the gas hose). It does get dirty in there, especially if your in an area with weather like me.

I've called Nissan and filed a complaint, I've told my dealer, I've filled out the little cards to Nissan with that "only" complaint, posted a thread when I was a newbie on Maxima.org and "nothing" has happened.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:34 PM

If you guys have the TSB on this "please", could you tell me - Winters on it's way and I don't want salt getting in my 01's tank.

2002 Maxima SE - Congrats on a beautiful car. You'll enjoy it like I've enjoyed my SE, unfortunatly I'm 3.0. Anyway, if you look under the rear wheel well where you put gas in the car you will see the "gas tube" exposed all the way up to where you put in the gas. There is suppose to be a cover for the gas tube under the wheel well. What happens is dirt, water, salt and whatever gets kicked up from the tires into where you put gas in your car through the little pin hole that lets the gas run off when there is a overflow when you fill the tank (or drips from the gas hose). It does get dirty in there, especially if your in an area with weather like me.

I've called Nissan and filed a complaint, I've told my dealer, I've filled out the little cards to Nissan with that "only" complaint, posted a thread when I was a newbie on Maxima.org and "nothing" has happened.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:55 PM

There is no TSB for the gas line protector, and Nissan wouldn't acknowledge the fact that this part is important. Just call courtesy Nissan and order it, it costs like $10 plus shipping, it's real easy to install it.

Originally posted by Ollie