5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I'm in ur forumz... fixing ur Stickeez...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm in ur forumz... fixing ur Stickeez...

Seriously, I will be starting on this project soon. Not only will I be fixing all the broken links since the Org was revived, but I'll also try to reorganize the Stickies and purge old links that no longer exist and other stuff that isn't useful.

Feel free to throw out your thoughts and comments in this thread. But of course, the moderators will make the final call.

Anyways, please bear with us on this and hopefully I'll get the Stickies to the point where they are useful for everyone again. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:29 AM

I actually just made a thread about this in the test post board because I wasn't sure where to put it. Little frustrating when I try to find out information on the how to thread and get something completely different. (still don't know how to reset 2002 ecu)

Something else that has bothered me as I also said in that thread was how the search feature is terrible. I type cattman in the search field for the 5th gen classifieds and get no matches, meanwhile there are several threads with cattman in the title...ecu reset was another story, only got threads that said either ecu or reset, not the phrase...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:47 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan
I actually just made a thread about this in the test post board because I wasn't sure where to put it. Little frustrating when I try to find out information on the how to thread and get something completely different. (still don't know how to reset 2002 ecu)

Something else that has bothered me as I also said in that thread was how the search feature is terrible. I type cattman in the search field for the 5th gen classifieds and get no matches, meanwhile there are several threads with cattman in the title...ecu reset was another story, only got threads that said either ecu or reset, not the phrase...
I answered all these questions in your thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=537473
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 AM

I was just making sure everyone else knew...

Why is the search disabled in the classifieds?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Why is the search disabled in the classifieds?

Prior to the search function being disabled in the classifieds,many people would do a search for a specific part,then they would bump old f/s threads asking if the parts were still available,this ended up cluttering up the first page of all the classifieds sections with old f/s threads.so it was deemed best to turn search off in the classifieds.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 AM

I see said the blind man to the deaf woman as he picked up his hammer and saw...

Why then don't the threads in the classified board get deleted after a certain time period? That would prevent threads being brought to the top from years ago. Seems like it would make more sense from a server standpoint. Fewer threads, less space, faster website, and therefore, a donating member has full use of the search feature. Could also be used as a hook to get more people to donate.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:21 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I see said the blind man to the deaf woman as he picked up his hammer and saw...

Why then don't the threads in the classified board get deleted after a certain time period? That would prevent threads being brought to the top from years ago. Seems like it would make more sense from a server standpoint. Fewer threads, less space, faster website, and therefore, a donating member has full use of the search feature. Could also be used as a hook to get more people to donate.

Read the 4th sticky down from the top..

http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42
Old 09-20-2007, 08:25 AM

Hahaha, ok smarty pants who knows everything, then what is the meaning of life???

Maybe they should instead be pruned every 6 weeks/2 months. If something is up there for that long, it more than likely is not going to sell.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Hahaha, ok smarty pants who knows everything, then what is the meaning of life???
Haha,hey you are the one REPOSTING questions that have already been answered in your test post thread,along with asking other questions(All of which i took the time to answer nicely) that could have been answered without posting a thread about if you would have simply read the stickies.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
wat

Will there be new answers to some of the previous things that were in the stickies that had a dead link to them?

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Haha,hey you are the one REPOSTING questions that have already been answered in your test post thread,along with asking other questions(All of which i took the time to answer nicely) that could have been answered without posting a thread about if you would have simply read the stickies.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:44 PM

If you scroll through the stickies instead of using the links you can find almost any answer you need. It just takes a bit longer but works untill the problem is fixed. I think there is only 5 pages to go through for all the how to's
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Feel free to throw out your thoughts and comments in this thread. But of course, the moderators will make the final call.
Don't waste your time, no one reads the stickies, they just start new pointless threads.

Hi Joel!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stardust
Don't waste your time, no one reads the stickies, they just start new pointless threads.
Hi Joel!

Not everybody, There is a reason some people are here for 3 yrs and only have 450 posts.

The main issue is that most threads are filled with pointless comments and people dont' like reading old 10 page threads with 2 pages of usefull info
Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by 00SEMAX19
people dont' like reading old 10 page threads with 2 pages of usefull info
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
dot dot dot ...

Seems as if this was needed. i.e. many dead links even before the revival. GL, have fun
Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Seriously, I will be starting on this project soon. Not only will I be fixing all the broken links since the Org was revived, but I'll also try to reorganize the Stickies and purge old links that no longer exist and other stuff that isn't useful.

Anyways, please bear with us on this and hopefully I'll get the Stickies to the point where they are useful for everyone again. Thanks.
I'd help....but I can't.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:41 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by irish44j
I'd help....but I don't want to.
Fixed........

Old 09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Driving is the next best thing

Hey Puppet, I'll "help" you with my sticky.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
retired moderator

Fixed........

I have no thread editing (edit, lock, delete, etc) powers in this section.

I can still ban though
Old 09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
dot dot dot ...

I can still ban though
. . . .
Old 09-22-2007, 01:25 AM

i know i m reposting.. coz i saw the post a while back... n all the yahoo n google search links to the "contact admin" page...
so could someone kindly enough to find me an instruction for swapping a 2k2 head light to into a 2000?(wiring ect.) coz i just brought a set of 2k2 headlight from the for sale section...

thank u!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
NOOB

you can find good info here:

link
Old 09-22-2007, 08:32 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

I can still ban though
Old 09-22-2007, 11:00 PM
wat

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....spd+swap+write

that would be a good thread to add to the stickies
Old 09-23-2007, 10:24 AM

is there a way for the moderaters to lock out the flamers instead of locking out the hole comunitty from posting on a certaint problem. it really bothersz me that even if i do have a stupid question that gets a stupid answers i get flamed on for it from some 90 year old ******* that knows it all
Old 09-23-2007, 03:17 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by joepino
is there a way .........
Go cry to your mother.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
wat

is there a way for the moderaters to lock out the flamers instead of locking out the hole comunitty from posting on a certaint problem. it really bothersz me that even if i do have a stupid question that gets a stupid answers i get flamed on for it from some 90 year old ******* that knows it all
Lol they **** on you because of one or many of these things: You call them *** holes. You dont post in the proper threads. ****ty grammar. You dont search, you want to be spoon fed. You don't try hard enough. You expect to be treated like a customer at a parts store or some crap, as if someone HAS to give you correct information and etc. /rant

Your signature is
Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

There is way to lock out the idiots..
Old 09-23-2007, 04:19 PM
is invisible

Anyone in particular?
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM

the link does not have any info on how to rewiring the 00 head light into a 2k2 head light... could someone kindly enough to point me to the right direction? plz...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
F---ing Kangaroos

How about you watch your mouth, I'm pretty sure that kind of talk is not allowed outside AG
Old 09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Drug Money

How about you watch your mouth, I'm pretty sure that kind of talk is not allowed outside AG
werd. keep it civilized.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I R The Law

Did you get lost little boy? And go cry to somebody who cares.

I think you should be banned for a week for using profanity.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Cletus

nice violation of the rules with profanity in your post and sig picture.

and what does all this complaining by people have to do with stickies do you think that just because a mod started this thread, its an open forum for comments about what you think needs to happen to "improve" the org?

Last edited by SoonerFan; 09-23-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Drug Money

Originally Posted by soonerfan
nice violation of the rules with profanity in your post and sig picture.

and what does all this complaining by people have to do with stickies do you think that just because a mod started this thread, its an open forum for comments about what you think needs to happen to "improve" the org?
hehehe. his sticker makes it more rice than a honda .
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

joepino - You sir, have a PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM

one thing i noticed, using the yahoo search funtion, i searched for "LTB" it found several threads but most of them said this :

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

so ive notified them. im assuming that due to the update a lot of the old threads crapped out?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 AM

how many posts are required to be able to search, geesh???
Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by deancass2000
15 but if you look on the 5th gen main page and scroll down were it has a sticky for the search, you can use that as well.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:34 AM
wat

Originally Posted by deancass2000
None, go to google or become a donating/supporting member

Quick Reply: I'm in ur forumz... fixing ur Stickeez...