5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pic of Netami FSTB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Cletus

Originally Posted by Lontar1
FSTB = Looks......
yup...one of the veterans that knows what he is talking about
Old 12-06-2007, 10:23 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

When I added a FSTB to my '90 Accord, it made two very noticable differences, one good, one bad. The steering was more responsive (good) and it understeered a lot more (bad). Once I added one in the rear (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?), it made the handling more neutral. The larger anti-roll bars made a lot bigger improvement though.

My Maxima already feels pretty tight, so I can't imagine I'd get much gains from a FSTB. Probably invest in larger anti-roll bars, struts and springs.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 AM
(insert witty one liner)

Originally Posted by bjr
Ah...the ignorance on this .org is mind boggling.
Feel free to enlighten us then.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Scottwax
When I added a FSTB to my '90 Accord, it made two very noticable differences, one good, one bad. The steering was more responsive (good) and it understeered a lot more (bad). Once I added one in the rear (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?), it made the handling more neutral. The larger anti-roll bars made a lot bigger improvement though.

My Maxima already feels pretty tight, so I can't imagine I'd get much gains from a FSTB. Probably invest in larger anti-roll bars, struts and springs.
sounds about right. stiffer front = more understeer.

For me, I think it made a noticeable difference because I have driven my car stock for a couple years. I take the same roads, the same turns, at the same speed every day. Anyone who is in touch with the stock feel of their car should notice in, albeit in the limited situations that I described earlier.

Being a "veteran" of a forum means absolutely nothing about your ability to judge the difference a FSTB makes on a stock suspension. Most vets here haven't had a stock suspension in years. The only time they could have tested the theory is when their car was stock, and they had gotten very used to driving it that way. Most likely they weren't a "veteran" back when their car was stock. Even if they jumped back in a stock maxima now to test it, that would be different than someone who had been driving that car for years. Do you understand the logic here? We're talking about opinions, not substantive knowledge of the car.

I have great respect for the immense amount of knowledge the vets of this site have. But the attitude (of some) is just unbelievable. Is it too much to ask for an intelligent argument, rather than an ego contest? I guess that's the beauty of the anonymous internet.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maybe it helps but I'd didn't notice a difference on my 02 so that's why I never put one on my 03
Old 12-06-2007, 07:43 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by soonerfan
it is know fact that about 20+ veterans (on the forum and with suspension) have known for years that you cant feel the difference with the FSTB.

if you notice, the people saying it does are fairly new. maybe they want to think it does something
I'm going to close this thread, because this topic has been discussed to death and can go on forever since it's a subjective topic. I will, however, add my 2 cents before closing it. And don't complain that I'm getting "last word" or whatever. This is only MY opinion and there is no argument that you can come back with that will change MY opinion.

so....

in defense of whatever....I always said that a RSTB did jack for the 5th gen...for YEARS.

Then I happened upon one super-cheap while buying something from an org'er and picked it up just for the hell of it.

And I now admit, the RSTB actually is noticeable and stiffens up the rear end....

Now, the FSTB I have had on and off many times, and I do think there is some very minor difference on hard sweepers, but noplace else. I will be the first to say that it is the LEAST effective chassis/suspension mod out there, hands down. That said, I have one. Because every little bit helps.

Anyhow, this thread
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 PM
retired moderator

free bump but no more discussion of FSTBs on here.