5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

MAF ? SAFC? Technosquare ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 01:17 PM
WhiteMAX02

MAF ? SAFC? Technosquare ?

Still learning about this car and what can be done to it before I get a computer flash.

What does SAFC stand for, and does it apply to the VQ35s

What is the deal with people running Land Rover and other cars MAF meters on their Maximas. I get the fact they are bigger but is it as simple as hooking it up and getting a tune obviously or is there more to it. Anyone that has done it where did you order the meters.

Anyone that has a TECHNOSQUARE TUNE: DID DOING THAT MOD take care of the hesitation that you experienced with the M6. Yes I read about the software update and all the other stuff on NTSB website but if TECHNOSQUARE'S program illiminates the hesitation then I wont need to go to a dealership.

Anyone that can provide info about regarding the above questions thanks in advance.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-18-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM

what r u saying? that you have the hesitation problem and want it fixed or you simply want a gigantor maf?

I had the hesitation problem and taking it to the dealership along with the tsb explained to them how to fix it. I have the am600 maf so i didnt change mine.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM
WhiteMAX02

Originally Posted by oldskooljdm
what r u saying? that you have the hesitation problem and want it fixed or you simply want a gigantor maf?

I had the hesitation problem and taking it to the dealership along with the tsb explained to them how to fix it. I have the am600 maf so i didnt change mine.

Please reread my post, I think I wrote everything out rather clearly and I even went back and simplified it some more.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-18-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM

whoa hostile are we? go do some searching..then come back..
Old 07-18-2008, 02:24 PM
wat

Originally Posted by WhiteMAX02
Still learning about this car and what can be done to it before I get a computer flash.

What does SAFC stand for, and does it apply to the VQ35s

What is the deal with people running Land Rover and other cars MAF meters on their Maximas. I get the fact they are bigger but is it as simple as hooking it up and getting a tune obviously or is there more to it. Anyone that has done it where did you order the meters. This is kinda a foreign concept since pretty much the only thing I havent changed on my Camaro is the MAF so I dont wanna F this thing up. I am also aware of the part numbers and which ones to switch if necessary.

Anyone that has a [B]Technosquare tune [/B]did it take care of the hesitation that you experienced with the M6, its annoying. Yes I read about the software update and all the other stuff on NTSB website but I dont feel like trying to explain it to a dealership. Also related topic, I read that if you get the software update from a dealership then you have to buy a new MAF as well which isnt cheap, so I would think that if technosquares tune takes care of the hesitation then I can replace the MAF meter with something bigger.

Anyone that can provide info about regarding the above questions thanks in advance.
safc, search google to learn about it

The deal with the big 88mm maf housings is that people gained more tq/hp with them.

I wouldnt call technosquare for an ecu for an issue that might possibly have something to do with the fact the car is drive by wire.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
WhiteMAX02

No not hostile just amazed at what a ***** fest this joke of a forum is. I did search ******** and everything says SAFC already with no explination of what it is. Why would I ask a question to something that if I could have easily found the answer I would have?

An 88MM MAF makes more power...well thanks I didnt know that a bigger one would make more power without you pointing that out to me. My question is why people use Land Rover or BMW or whatever MAFs for the car and how you make them work properly.

Also again read the post. I am asking if Technosquares reflash and tune program also cures the hesitation. How dumb are you really? Technosquare reprograms ECUs, the drive by wire issue is related to a problem in the ECU. Makes sense that Technosquare might have the ability to fix it. I called them and the master tech is out till next week, and I am sure someone will say that I should just wait until then, so thanks for the help.

I dont post a question if I havent done exhaustive searching on this cluster F of a forum and I know that everytime I bash the forum it just pisses most of you off even more so I apologize to the people that actually contribute useful information and are not out there just to increase their post count.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-18-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
wat

You asked i answered. Im not helping you anymore if you are going to **** and moan.

Goodluck with your ****box.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
WhiteMAX02

Lol...waaaaaa what a *****. You didnt answer anything and then you gave wrong information. Also, I dont call it pissing and moaning when I call the stupid people out that cant answer the question properly. Why should i appreciate that kind of help.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Cletus

Dear WhiteMAX02,

Thank you for visiting Maxima.org! Your stay here will be longer, more productive and infinitely more enjoyable for all involved if you learn to use the “search” feature.

Don’t want to use Org search? Learn to use Google to its fullest!
To search The Org for answers about how often to change your blinker fluid, go to www.google.com and try:
blinker+fluid+change site:http://forums.maxima.org

Remember, search first, post second!

Thank you! Come again!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Turbo'd Saab

you have a camaro z28 with the LS1. Personally stick with that, don't mod your max if its your daily.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally Posted by DaveVQ
you have a camaro z28 with the LS1. Personally stick with that, don't mod your max if its your daily.
he sounds like a little ***** so its probably an 3rd gen
Old 07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
大陆弟弟

I now feel compelled to help you due to your patience and politeness to other members.

I give you: www.google.com
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM

No not hostile
what a ***** fest this joke of a forum is. I did search ********
How dumb are you really?

this cluster F of a forum and I know that everytime I bash the forum
Lol...waaaaaa what a *****.
oh yeah, you're not hostile at all... you need to stop talking to people like that.. especially when you're asking for help

I apologize to the people that actually contribute useful information and are not out there just to increase their post count.
how about you contribute something to all of us by not posting that rude garbage that you call logic... some people are just an embarrassment and shouldn't own maximas.. IBTL by the way

Last edited by wyche89; 07-18-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Turbo'd Saab

You know I didn't know what SAFC was when I joined but I searched and found out what it was

I didn't know what the big deal about the LR MAF was but then I searched and now I have one installed in my car

You know I don't know what this hesitation problem you are having, but someone already told you that you can expect it with an electronic throttle (it happens in BMWs too)

so everyone game you answers but you choose to ignore them and call them names, then complain about how the org didn't help you. The answers are here
Old 07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Cletus

where is he

i want to see his newest fit throwing
Old 07-18-2008, 04:35 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Most of what you want to know is in the all motor forum. You'd get a lot more answers searching or posting there.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan
where is he

i want to see his newest fit throwing
lol..

Originally Posted by Scottwax
Most of what you want to know is in the all motor forum. You'd get a lot more answers searching or posting there.
or by not being an @$$ to those whom you ask for help... either way works
Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 AM

in his defense hes been here for 3 years and only has 21 posts lol

but yeah relax people.. i think davevq's last post answered well IBTL
Old 07-19-2008, 04:26 PM

ur *** needs to be banned
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Cletus

Originally Posted by hotstartup
we would need active mods for that

Old 07-19-2008, 05:22 PM

just amazed at what a ***** fest this joke of a forum is.

I totaly agree there is too much bashing in this forum and no one wants to help they just flame everyone and tell them to search. For the nicer side of nissan forums go to NICO.com much better.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:29 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Originally Posted by johnnyd2k2
I totaly agree there is too much bashing in this forum and no one wants to help they just flame everyone and tell them to search. For the nicer side of nissan forums go to NICO.com much better.
You have to admit, the OP didn't help his case by responding the way he did to the very first post that seemed to be an honest attempt to answer at least some of his questions.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by hotstartup
maybe he is already

either that or he doesnt have the ***** to face us again cause he knows he's wrong.. lol... anyway... how about we stop showing this jerk so much attention... mods can we get a lock please?

Last edited by wyche89; 07-19-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Scottwax
You have to admit, the OP didn't help his case by responding the way he did to the very first post that seemed to be an honest attempt to answer at least some of his questions.
Oh I totaly agree he was being quite hostile but I still think there is way to much bashing going on here. This is supose to be helpful but when people just tell you to search it's pretty useless. I mean who cares if there are new threds asking old questions all we have to do is link them up to the original post is it that hard to just help people out. IDK maybe I just don't get it. I don't really mind searching for people to help them out I meen isn't that what we are all here for to learn and help others learn about the awsomeness of the max
Old 07-20-2008, 03:26 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

I guess because I am a mod of a detailing forum on another board that is drives me nuts that people don't search first...especially since all the basics are stickied at the top of the forum-both here and the detailing forum I moderate.

Last time I got an SES light, I read the code, plugged it into search and found what I was looking for. Personally, I get the answer a lot faster by searching vs starting a thread and waiting for someone to answer it.

The flaming does get old too though, I'll grant you that.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 AM
WhiteMAX02

Yes I reacted like a ****, no I dont think i was totally wrong as I wasted enough time searching for answers before starting a thread (albeit in the wrong area should have just gone to all motor discussion) that would open me up to getting flamed by all the post # increasers that have little or no info to offer.

My reaction to the origional post reply was the fact he didnt read through it and I overreacted to it.

Wyche, I didnt know I needed ***** to face people on the internet forums...tool.

My Camaro is a 4th Gen LT1 as someone alluded to the fact I must have a 3rd Gen for whatever reason.

Yes my Maxima is my daily driver but why not mod it out, plenty of aftermarket parts are out there and that was the only reason I bought the car.

Thanks for the few that offered up helpful info, those of you that just like to reply "go search" or whatever else...well GFY.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-21-2008 at 08:17 AM.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 AM

if everytime someone post to ask a question and everyone says go search,because let's face it this forum has been around for a long time.almost all the question's here have been answered already,wouldn't there be no forum,no interaction between members.we minus well call this place SEARCHMAXIMA.ORG.just use this place as a search engine for maxima's.not bashing anyone.love this forum but it really get's annoying everytime some newbie here(like me)ask a question it's automatically go search.i know you veteran's here have probably heard the question's over and over before and probably tired of answering them,maybe wait for someone who does want to answer their questions before you say go search.not trying to be a ****,just expressing how i feel.thank you
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Yes I reacted like a ****
nice deduction

Wyche, I didnt know I needed ***** to face people on the internet forums...tool.
well depending on how small they are, it might be a challenge for some people

i've never been called a tool before.. thats kinda funny

anyway.. this thread is obviously no longer useful for anything productive... i'm thinking
Old 07-21-2008, 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=nissan@heart;6528636]love this forum but it really get's annoying everytime some newbie here(like me)ask a question it's automatically go search./QUOTE]

i think that's why we have a newbie thread...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
WhiteMAX02

Originally Posted by wyche89
nice deduction

well depending on how small they are, it might be a challenge for some people

i've never been called a tool before.. thats kinda funny

anyway.. this thread is obviously no longer useful for anything productive... i'm thinking

Well now you have been called a tool and if you need any insight on how large my ***** are ask your wife since she was choking on them most of the night, good thing she had such a big mouth.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-21-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM

My reaction to the origional post reply was the fact he didnt read through it and I overreacted to it.
nor did you read through anything in the stickies obviously...
ya know... all the informative threads that are permanently locked for your educational needs.

Dear WhiteMAX02,
Thank you for visiting Maxima.org! Your stay here will be longer, more productive and infinitely more enjoyable for all involved if you learn to use the “search” feature.
Thank you! Come again!
Ahhhh Sooner... That made my day
I think I understand where you're coming from more everyday I'm on the .Org b/c of how little effort is involved in learning here. You do have to make an effort. That's the trouble with Americans now... everyone wants to be spoonfed,
I have newfound respect for you~
Well now you have been called a tool and if you need any insight on how large my ***** are ask your wife since she was choking on them most of the night, good thing she had such a big mouth.
Seriously? Wasn't this 4th grade smack talk?

Please lock this thread and ban WhiteMAX02 for flaming, inappropriate language, intimidation, and stupidity.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Turbo'd Saab

Definition of community

-Group of people sharing a common understanding who reveal themselves by using the same language, manners, tradition and law.

-A community is a social group of organisms sharing an environment, normally with shared interests. In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs, risks and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of ...

There is no need to keep bumping the thread to get the last word in. I think WhiteMAX has his answers he was looking for. This is suppose to be a community where we share info, not beat each other up. If we continue to do so there will be no one to share info with and we all end up over on NICOclub.com (don't get me wrong, I'm over on Nicoclub too, but too some of you who haven't gone there, go ahead and see how wonderfully organized it is over there and all the ad you have to deal with :sarcasm
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM

I wasn't trying to be a jerk...
But you know as well as any of us that being rude or helpless will get you nowhere.

Sorry to get in the last word, I just saw the post and put in my two cents.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
WhiteMAX02

Ok *******,

First I didnt flame anyone, this forum is filled with morons that have no clue about their cars and want others to be the same way. YES I did use the search function and if I found anything helpful, like what an SAFC is instead of just the abbreviation for jap-car jargon that someone who has built American cars sometimes finds confusing, then I would not have started the post with specific questions on how the car reacts to a tune and exactly how people are doing their mods.

"Thats the trouble with Americans" Where are you from then and what gives you the right to make such a statement? FU CK YOU. I asked a simple question that didnt apply to a majority of these morons responding since they didnt do the mods I was asking about, but are more concerned with increasing their post count so they can be called Senior Member or whatever other gay titles this forum gives out.

And I ask that you read the posts above to see who initiated the comment about the wife sucking on my *****, because it wasnt me.

Ban me for intimidation??? ITS THE FUKING INTERNET. God how gay are you?

And you say you wernt trying to be a jerk...the statement "Thats whats wrong with Americans today" pretty much insults a majority of people here.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by WhiteMAX02; 07-21-2008 at 02:18 PM.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Cletus

for real....

CAN WE GET SOME MODS IN 5TH GEN?!?!?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
i SeE what you did therE

WhiteMAX02

wow. i wonder how long they are gonna ban you...

Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
wat

Ok *******,

First I didnt flame anyone, this forum is filled with morons that have no clue about their cars and want others to be the same way. YES I did use the search function and if I found anything helpful, like what an SAFC is instead of just the abbreviation for jap-car jargon that someone who has built American cars sometimes finds confusing, then I would not have started the post with specific questions on how the car reacts to a tune and exactly how people are doing their mods.

"Thats the trouble with Americans" Where are you from then and what gives you the right to make such a statement? FU CK YOU. I asked a simple question that didnt apply to a majority of these morons responding since they didnt do the mods I was asking about, but are more concerned with increasing their post count so they can be called Senior Member or whatever other gay titles this forum gives out.

And I ask that you read the posts above to see who initiated the comment about the wife sucking on my *****, because it wasnt me.

And you say you wernt trying to be a jerk...the statement "Thats whats wrong with Americans today" pretty much insults a majority of people here.

Just my two cents.

Like I said nobody is going to help out someone who is being a ****. We don't HAVE to help you.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by nissan@heart
we minus well call this place SEARCHMAXIMA.ORG.just use this place as a search engine for maxima's.not bashing anyone.love this forum but it really get's annoying everytime some newbie here(like me)ask a question it's automatically go search.i know you veteran's here have probably heard the question's over and over before and probably tired of answering them,maybe wait for someone who does want to answer their questions before you say go search

Couldn't have said it better my self some people enjoy helping others so I'm sure your mothers have told you this before IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE (OR HELPFUL) TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL
Old 07-21-2008, 06:44 PM

just amazed at what a ***** fest this joke of a forum is.
I did search ********
How dumb are you really?
this cluster F of a forum
Lol...waaaaaa what a *****.
lol.. a modified mom joke is the best insult you can come up with? adrenaline_rush was right.. go back to 4th grade man.. maybe you can win some intellectual battles with them

Ok *******,
no... ban you for being an @$$, a d*ck (your words, not mine), and pretty much every other disgusting part of the human body.. if you admit to being a d*ck, you really think it's a good idea to continue being one?

FU CK YOU.
sounds like somebody needs some deodorant
oh, and the ever-so-popular:
Old 07-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Cletus

for real....

CAN WE GET SOME MODS IN 5TH GEN?!?!?
really...months ago, a thread half as bad as this would have gotten mod attention within hours

Quick Reply: MAF ? SAFC? Technosquare ?