5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

With regards to 01 SE

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 12:19 PM

With regards to 01 SE

Hi All:

I have a 3 month old 01 SE in stick. I have 2 concerns and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing. The car is due for it's first maint. this month and wanted to also know if I should bring this to their attention.

Question #1

Twice now while in revere it has come out right out of gear. I know it was in gear.

Question #2

When I come to a complete stop - and then put it into first gear again to go - I can actually hear & feel it go into first gear. I never felt it or heard it on my other cars.

This is my first Nissan - so I am not real fimiliar with the product.

Did anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2001, 01:07 PM

Re: With regards to 01 SE

Question #1

This shouldn't happen, the synchros could be worn out, get it checked by a Nissan dealer.

Question #2

What do you mean you can hear it going to first gear ? Is it a grinding sound ? Mine does a very light shifting sound when going into first gear from a dead stop, that's normal.

Originally posted by RinRobyn
Hi All:

I have a 3 month old 01 SE in stick. I have 2 concerns and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same thing. The car is due for it's first maint. this month and wanted to also know if I should bring this to their attention.

Question #1

Twice now while in revere it has come out right out of gear. I know it was in gear.

Question #2

When I come to a complete stop - and then put it into first gear again to go - I can actually hear & feel it go into first gear. I never felt it or heard it on my other cars.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2001, 01:08 PM
JET Speed Lab

sometimes its hard to go into gear from N or a quick downshift. yoitsok drove my car so if the shifter was bad or something he would know so im not worried.
Old 11-14-2001, 01:47 PM

Re: With regards to 01 SE

Originally posted by RinRobyn
Hi All:

Question #1

Question #2

Thanks
I have 2k1 5spd and ive never had that problem, my advice to you is your car is brand new and under warranty, take it to Nissan and let them know. And dont let them give you the run-around