5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

whats going on???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 PM

whats going on???

ok heres the story today i turned my car on and i havnt drivien it since friday. it turned on reved up all the way to 3-4k then shut off. i waited a while then turned it on it stayed on while i was in park but he rpms were fluttering like crazy from 1-2k rmp then i realized the ses light was on TCS and SLIP were all on so i was about to go to the autozone up the street to get the code and as soon as iput it in drive the car started shaking and it turnedo ff... i just did a oil change 2-3 weeks ago and my car is on 3/4 a tank of gas what could the problem be? when the car shut off the oil light, battery , SES, TCS, and SLIP lights were on. whne i restarted the car it stays on for about 10 secs but only the SES TCS and SLIP lights were on? later on i turned it on again but only the SES light is on but i cant get it checked out cause the car shuts off as soon as i get into drive! what could be wrong?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by xshadow715
ok heres the story today i turned my car on and i havnt drivien it since friday. it turned on reved up all the way to 3-4k then shut off. i waited a while then turned it on it stayed on while i was in park but he rpms were fluttering like crazy from 1-2k rmp then i realized the ses light was on TCS and SLIP were all on so i was about to go to the autozone up the street to get the code and as soon as iput it in drive the car started shaking and it turnedo ff... i just did a oil change 2-3 weeks ago and my car is on 3/4 a tank of gas what could the problem be? when the car shut off the oil light, battery , SES, TCS, and SLIP lights were on. whne i restarted the car it stays on for about 10 secs but only the SES TCS and SLIP lights were on? later on i turned it on again but only the SES light is on but i cant get it checked out cause the car shuts off as soon as i get into drive! what could be wrong?
A search will yield amazing results. I think in the three months I've been on this forum, I've seen about five threads on this.

Not trying to sound like a ****, but it's the easiest way to answer solved problems. Search for the thread that explains how to retrieve the codes from your car, and then use that to look up what the code means...

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 06-14-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:07 PM

i cant get the car to go anywhere so icant go to autozone to get the code... im gonna call a tow truck when i have time i just want to have some sort of idea of what needs to be fixed incase the dealership starts pulling things out of their ***es lol i did search i search "ses slip tcs" but from what i found people can still drive their cars around but i cant?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Sounds to me like you've got more than one issue to do with. Instead of going to the dealership, do you know anyone who has a code reader? Have them come over to your house...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 PM

idk i just got the car less than amonth ago and my dad said he wants the dealer to do it for some reason but like how does this happen without warning? i left it in the driveway for 2 days i turn it on today and all this happens i doubt i did something wrong to it cause it was working perfectly on friday.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 AM

It's hard to say exactly why this kind of stuff happens. The best answer anyone can give is that it just does. Parts wear out and break over time. It may have just so happened that starting it up was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:19 AM

i just turned it on now its fine until i put it in drive then ti just dies. my uncle said it might be a security thing? does the security do that?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM

could be the ignition coils...