5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Altima vs Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 08:24 PM

Altima vs Maxima

I noticed the new Altima SE has the same engine as the maxima but with less horsepower. Why is this. Im thinking of purchasing the new Altima so Id like to know if theres an easy mod to get it to Maxima levels. I wish I could be happy with what I get. Anyway, thanks.
Dan
Old 11-25-2001, 08:57 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Altima vs Maxima

Originally posted by Nismomaxt
I noticed the new Altima SE has the same engine as the maxima but with less horsepower. Why is this. Im thinking of purchasing the new Altima so Id like to know if theres an easy mod to get it to Maxima levels. I wish I could be happy with what I get. Anyway, thanks.
Dan
do a side by side comparison.. and test drive them back to back and that will help you the most
Old 11-25-2001, 09:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had the same problem until today

As far as the question about HP differences, I think it's all hype. I believe that they both are rated at 255 hp but they say the Altima has less Hp for marketing reasons. AKA Infiniti I30 vs Maxima.

Anyway, for those who care,
I went to the local dealership and I checked both the Altima and Maixma out. I have got to say that the new Altima has it all over the Maxima style wise. It looks so good, it's so big, and it's so roomy! The Maxima is about as large also, but it just doesn't look as good IMO. The styling of the Altima looks more refined, more balanced, and for one better. The interior is a different story though, the Maxima kills the Altima, not only in overall design, but also in materials used, quality, craftmanship, and durability. The Maxima's interior is much more refined and luxury-like compared to the Altima's, which is futuristic, and a bit more sporty, although cheap to some degree. I still have decided that I want the Altima more than the Maxima, I can't imagine driving down the road in my new Maxima only to meet up with some new Altima and get buyer's remorse, I can deal with the cheap interior. Altima here I come. Good luck with you purchase.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:50 PM

Re: I had the same problem until today

Originally posted by Josaredo
As far as the question about HP differences, I think it's all hype. I believe that they both are rated at 255 hp but they say the Altima has less Hp for marketing reasons. AKA Infiniti I30 vs Maxima.

Anyway, for those who care,
I went to the local dealership and I checked both the Altima and Maixma out. I have got to say that the new Altima has it all over the Maxima style wise. It looks so good, it's so big, and it's so roomy! The Maxima is about as large also, but it just doesn't look as good IMO. The styling of the Altima looks more refined, more balanced, and for one better. The interior is a different story though, the Maxima kills the Altima, not only in overall design, but also in materials used, quality, craftmanship, and durability. The Maxima's interior is much more refined and luxury-like compared to the Altima's, which is futuristic, and a bit more sporty, although cheap to some degree. I still have decided that I want the Altima more than the Maxima, I can't imagine driving down the road in my new Maxima only to meet up with some new Altima and get buyer's remorse, I can deal with the cheap interior. Altima here I come. Good luck with you purchase.
After having driven both cars back-to-back several times, I can guarantee you that the hp difference is not hype. The maxima accelerates noticably faster than the altima SE and this helped sway me to purchase the maxima. The rest of your comments are right on. Altima wins exterior, Max wins interior. It's a tough decision.