5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need some feedback...what would be a reasonable $$$ to replace and paint a bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 07:17 AM
jjs

Need some feedback...what would be a reasonable $$$ to replace and paint a bumper...

specifically the front one on a black 2001 AE? Mine got banged up pretty well, the whole corner is crushed in (kind of like a reverse or the normal contour of the corner). Just curious what you guys have shelled out for that type of work...and am deciding whether or not to get the insurance company involved...

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2001, 11:53 AM

I had my rear bumper cover replaced and repainted (after I was hit by someone that wasn't paying attention) about 18 months ago and it was just under $500. That was without any new clips, supports, etc. All of that was OK (and she hit me pretty hard too).

Get a couple estimates. If you don't have a body shop you can trust, ask around to find someone decent (they are definately not all the same!). If it looks like the repair is going to be signficant, then call your agent. Most agents will tell you if it is worth filing a claim and if it will effect your premium at renewal.

You just don't want this minor thing to be one strike against you and then to have something else happen in the near future...especially with winter right around the corner. People seem to forget how to drive when the white stuff falls near me (Chicago).
Old 11-28-2001, 11:58 AM

I had my rear bumper cover replaced and repainted (after I was hit by someone that wasn't paying attention) about 18 months ago and it was just under $500. That was without any new clips, supports, etc. All of that was OK (and she hit me pretty hard too).

Get a couple estimates. If you don't have a body shop you can trust, ask around to find someone decent (they are definately not all the same!). If it looks like the repair is going to be signficant, then call your agent. Most agents will tell you if it is worth filing a claim and if it will effect your premium at renewal.

You just don't want this minor thing to be one strike against you and then to have something else happen in the near future...especially with winter right around the corner. People seem to forget how to drive when the white stuff falls near me (Chicago).
Old 11-28-2001, 12:04 PM

Old 11-28-2001, 12:10 PM