5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Amazed at how the BBS has grown

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 09:24 PM

I can't believe how many 5th gen owners are here now. A little over a year ago a deticated 5th gen board would have been gr8bone, russ, TimW, md2kmax, and myself writing back and forth, LOL! We took so much abuse at first from all the existing Max owners, so glad we've finally overcome all the ugly rear end and 5th gen is not as fast talk that used to go on. Looking back it was kinda like pledging, we had to earn the respect of the previous generations. I think we have and are now a big part of Maxima.org, lets keep it real guys and help all the newbe's b/c new recriuts are the only way to keep this site alive.

...okay enough reminiscing, i need sleep, have to get up early and cast my vote :-)

[Edited by sprung on 11-07-2000 at 07:57 AM]
Old 11-06-2000, 09:53 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I'm hurt... you forgot me...

I'm not sure what order we got ours in. I think I'm mid 6/99 on mine. I found the board right after (starting problems). However, I didnt really partake in any of those 'my max is bigger than yours' fights

btw, did you ever see a 404 message on Chad's server? it was so very funny. It went like, "Sorry the file cant be found, but dont be upset as these things tend to happen from time to time."
Old 11-07-2000, 05:45 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by sprung
I can't believe how many 5th gen owners are here now. A little over a year ago a deticated 5th gen board would have been gr8bone, russ, md2kmax, and myself writing back and forth, LOL! We took so much abuse at first from all the existing Max owners, so glad we've finally overcome all the ugly rear end and 5th gen is not as fast talk that used to go on. Looking back it was kinda like pledging, we had to earn the respect of the previous generations. I think we have and are now a big part of Maxima.org, lets keep it real guys and help all the newbe's b/c new recriuts are the only way to keep this site alive.

...okay enough reminiscing, i need sleep, have to get up early and cast my vote :-)

Growing pains my man!! :P

Old 11-07-2000, 05:46 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: I'm hurt... you forgot me...

Originally posted by TimW
I'm not sure what order we got ours in. I think I'm mid 6/99 on mine. I found the board right after (starting problems). However, I didnt really partake in any of those 'my max is bigger than yours' fights

btw, did you ever see a 404 message on Chad's server? it was so very funny. It went like, "Sorry the file cant be found, but dont be upset as these things tend to happen from time to time."
I do know the orginal was Gr8bone to have the 1st 2k here, then I got mine shortly after him, them someone else...not sure all off hand.

Old 11-07-2000, 06:02 AM

Re: I'm hurt... you forgot me...

Originally posted by TimW

Hehe, sorry man i fixed it. I remember last year you and I in chat (rememebr when we all used to do that?) sending each other pics or our dogs! How are your k9's doing anyway? Last weekend my wife almost talked me into adopting another Setter, that was at Petsmart with a PAL program. I was strong and didn't go see it b/c I know I would have 2 maniac Irish Setters in my little apt. now if I did, LOL!
Old 11-07-2000, 07:04 AM

I agree...

My MAx was made before they start including the child safety restraints on the rear deck by the sub woofer.
I guess when I have kids I'll have to buy a new car

I also don't experience the TSB on the 1st-2nd gear shift that everyone else is having. Maybe I have a 4th gen with a 5th gen exterior?

It was cool being the only 2K at Maxus '99 but then it was even better having other 2K's around at maxus '00 to see what other ppl had on their cars.

I also remember the hard time 4th gen owners had accepting the 5th gen rear and I'm glad we have gotten past all that...now with the 2k1's our forum will have 2k's 2k1's and 2k.5's now that we have south point nissan backing us up! Long live the 5th gens!
Old 11-07-2000, 07:12 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Well, Russ...

I must have been right after you because you hadnt even broken yours yet I was maybe even 4th, dunno.

Yeah, that chat feature was kinda nice.

pups..
well, my older dog got sick, the Catahula. She's better but now takes about $5 worth of pills a day. Jeez, that adds up!!

I really try to persuade peeps to get 2 dogs if they cant be around 24x7. My dogs are so much more mellow with another dog around. They are never alone. Costs alot more, but they are so much happier. However, you may be right as some breeds are manic no matter how many you have.
Old 11-07-2000, 07:44 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I remember asking you guys about changing my fogs sometime in December... and what happened? NO ONE HELPED ME!!!

Just kidding! I bought the Max in September, but didn't get on until December. Never said much before because I was a newbie... just wanted to consume as much information as I could.

I agree with Tim on the chat... met a lot of nice people using it.
Old 11-07-2000, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
I remember asking you guys about changing my fogs sometime in December... and what happened? NO ONE HELPED ME!!!

Just kidding! I bought the Max in September, but didn't get on until December. Never said much before because I was a newbie... just wanted to consume as much information as I could.

now your just an everyday spammer huh!
Old 11-07-2000, 08:25 AM

Re: I agree...

then it was even better having other 2K's around at maxus '00 to see what other ppl had on their cars.
Peter U remember that Green 2K parked next to U at maxus with the tires on backwords wonder who that guy was. I remember last year when russ did that Pioneer install in his maxima and I told him it looked ****ty and then I sent him the part # for the dash kit from my car, there were only like 3 people on Russ's 2k board. I was there but didn't have a name, just looked around, Plus my car was stock so I figured U all would prolly laugh at me.

[Edited by PIONEER on 11-07-2000 at 10:27 AM]
Old 11-07-2000, 08:26 AM

Kev I know exactly what U mean, thats why when I see someone post and no one has put an answer up I try to reply, I know what it feels like when no one answers
Old 11-07-2000, 08:46 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by PIONEER
Kev I know exactly what U mean, thats why when I see someone post and no one has put an answer up I try to reply, I know what it feels like when no one answers
I try my best to help out the unanswered questions... but if I don't know what the answer is, I usually stay away from it.
Old 11-07-2000, 08:52 AM

Re: Re: I agree...

Yes I remember you from maxus
Specially since you had your tires on the wrong way and because you chose a 2k max the same color as my 98se.

Everyone's cars starts out stock so no one should laugh at you. Hopeyou can make it to next years maxus.

I've only been in the car thing for 3 years now so I still know very little and can't help ppl much unless it deals with computers So I usually have very little help to offer.

Originally posted by PIONEER
then it was even better having other 2K's around at maxus '00 to see what other ppl had on their cars.
Peter U remember that Green 2K parked next to U at maxus with the tires on backwords wonder who that guy was. I remember last year when russ did that Pioneer install in his maxima and I told him it looked ****ty and then I sent him the part # for the dash kit from my car, there were only like 3 people on Russ's 2k board. I was there but didn't have a name, just looked around, Plus my car was stock so I figured U all would prolly laugh at me.

[Edited by PIONEER on 11-07-2000 at 10:27 AM]
Old 11-07-2000, 11:04 AM
Pele ain't got nothing on me

Y2KevSE, take comfort in the fact that you helped a lot of guys including me. I, also was a lurker (back in April of this year) and I actually got the PIAAs and the carbon fiber dash kit after seeing it on your web site. Learnt a lot from you sir.

This site is great, lot's of good info here...

Peace....
Old 11-07-2000, 12:04 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by 2K2DEMAX
Y2KevSE, take comfort in the fact that you helped a lot of guys including me. I, also was a lurker (back in April of this year) and I actually got the PIAAs and the carbon fiber dash kit after seeing it on your web site. Learnt a lot from you sir.

This site is great, lot's of good info here...

Peace....
Thanks! Glad to see I've somewhat contributed to the Max community (other than spam ). I try and do my best to help us 5th gen guys (no gals yet...) when possible.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:17 PM

(no gals yet...)
U never know man, there might be a few Lurking around

Old 11-07-2000, 04:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just wish we had all the old posts from Chad's server, Peelboy's server, and all the other ones...

(then I'd have a post count of 10,000 plus probably! hehehehehehehehe)