5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Courtesy has a custom SE-R Maxima on showroom floor......

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 12:54 PM

Courtesy has a custom SE-R Maxima on showroom floor......

The have made their own rendition of the SE-R maxima at courtesy w/ all of the goodies on it and they are asking a whopping 35k for it. It is 2002 6speed with almost every option except a supercharger. I will wait till 2003 whne the real SE-R Maxima comes out!
Old 12-04-2001, 01:26 PM

Re: Courtesy has a custom SE-R Maxima on showroom floor......

Originally posted by rocketshipon19"
The have made their own rendition of the SE-R maxima at courtesy w/ all of the goodies on it and they are asking a whopping 35k for it. It is 2002 6speed with almost every option except a supercharger. I will wait till 2003 whne the real SE-R Maxima comes out!
GOT PICS?
Old 12-04-2001, 02:46 PM
PhatGuy

That expensive? Whoa!
Does it have springs, rsb, fstb, rstb, CAI, y-pipe, rt cat, catback, sts, body kit etc..

Old 12-05-2001, 06:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Try to get us some pics if possible. I would love to know how they jacked the price up so high.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:22 AM

No pics. I as just out that way for work and stopped in to get my car serviced and they had it on the floor. Parts guy said that they were going to eventually post pics of it on their website.

Originally posted by SC2K1
Try to get us some pics if possible. I would love to know how they jacked the price up so high.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:31 AM
PhatGuy

No pics. I as just out that way for work and stopped in to get my car serviced and they had it on the floor. Parts guy said that they were going to eventually post pics of it on their website.

What mods does it have on it?

The reason I say it is expensive is the fact I can buy a fully loaded 2K2 Max SE 6spd in Canada for approx 35K CDN (to US dollars that is about 22.5K US) I could do a lot of mods for 12K US on a 6spd Max (when they become available).

Old 12-05-2001, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I will wait till 2003 when the real SE-R Maxima comes out!

Don't say things like that

Old 12-05-2001, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Courtesy has a custom SE-R Maxima on showroom floor......

Sorry bro, but is true! You will probably have enough equity to trade your 02 in by then!

Originally posted by emax95

Don't say things like that

Old 12-05-2001, 11:36 AM

The 2003 may be a new design and have independent rear suspension, but it will grow in size and weigh much more.

Blah. Rather have a nice lightweight 2k2 6 speed.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:52 AM

Same size as the Alty! W/ the SE-R model to come!

Originally posted by 2k2se6spd
The 2003 may be a new design and have independent rear suspension, but it will grow in size and weigh much more.

Blah. Rather have a nice lightweight 2k2 6 speed.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:15 PM

Disagree on the price

Originally posted by PhatGuy

What mods does it have on it?

The reason I say it is expensive is the fact I can buy a fully loaded 2K2 Max SE 6spd in Canada for approx 35K CDN (to US dollars that is about 22.5K US) I could do a lot of mods for 12K US on a 6spd Max (when they become available).
Sorry man, but here in U.S. you won't be able to buy a "fully loaded" 2k2 Max SE for $22.5k...more like $30k. By fully loaded, I hope you mean C&C, leather, Bose, if you want Nav...the price goes even higher.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:28 PM

Nope. Wrong. False. Nada. It will be bigger - based on the Altima chassis - but the chassis will be lengthened. NOT the same size (or weight).

Trust me. I WISH Nissan would keep the Maxima the same size and weight, but add independent rear suspension, a V-8 and rear wheel drive.

Yes, I would like that very much.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by 2k2se6spd

Nope. Wrong. False. Nada. It will be bigger - based on the Altima chassis - but the chassis will be lengthened. NOT the same size (or weight).

Trust me. I WISH Nissan would keep the Maxima the same size and weight, but add independent rear suspension, a V-8 and rear wheel drive.

Yes, I would like that very much.
What does the weight and size matter...if it will have a V8 and do 5.8 0-60...then it will be faster
Old 12-05-2001, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by 2001SE

What does the weight and size matter...if it will have a V8 and do 5.8 0-60...then it will be faster
But with all the extra weight it won't feel nearly as nimble without extensive mods.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:04 PM

Dude, speed is but one measure of performance. If the Maxima gets any bigger, especially with the added weight of the V-8 and larger chasis, it's gonna handle like a Buick! Even at it's current size, most Maxima owners feel the necessity of adding a RSB, FSTB (at least), RSTB, springs, and shocks to improve the handling characteristics of the Maxima. To be a "sports" sedan, it's gotta have more than just pure speed. It's much more important that they make a well rounded car (good handling, good looks, good quality, and plenty of power.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:54 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by jsangha

Sorry man, but here in U.S. you won't be able to buy a "fully loaded" 2k2 Max SE for $22.5k...more like $30k. By fully loaded, I hope you mean C&C, leather, Bose, if you want Nav...the price goes even higher.
I know man! It is way cheaper to buy a new or used Maxima in Canada than in the USA. Yes 22.5K US (35kCDN) gets you a fully loaded 6spd cc, leather, sun roof, bose etc.. (except Nav) in Canada.

Old 12-05-2001, 04:06 PM

I will buy the SE-R Max.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:11 PM

Re: Re: Disagree on the price

I know man! It is way cheaper to buy a new or used Maxima in Canada than in the USA. Yes 22.5K US (35kCDN) gets you a fully loaded 6spd cc, leather, sun roof, bose etc.. (except Nav) in Canada.
This does not make sense. It still costs Nissan the same amount of money whether they sell the Max in Canada or the US. For 22.5K, Nissan must be giving up all profit at the factory. That would be crazy.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:23 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by jkratzer

This does not make sense. It still costs Nissan the same amount of money whether they sell the Max in Canada or the US. For 22.5K, Nissan must be giving up all profit at the factory. That would be crazy.
http://www.nissan.ca/eng/cars/maxima/price.html

That is list price as well! Shave off at least another 1k -1.5k off those CDN prices for negotiation. The current exchange is 0.63US for 1.00dollar CDN. eg 35,000cdn x .63 = 22,050US

Makes no sense to me either but I love it since we have awesome pricing on cars here in Canada!

Old 12-05-2001, 04:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

That is list price as well! Shave off at least another 1k -1.5k off those CDN prices for negotiation. The current exchange is 0.63US for 1.00dollar CDN. eg 35,000cdn x .63 = 22,050US

Makes no sense to me either but I love it since we have awesome pricing on cars here in Canada!
It's no wonder Nissan was in financial distress!

Old 12-05-2001, 04:41 PM

That's why I'm buying mind in Toronto and driving it home. A paltry savings of $7000 is nothing to turn down.

Stereodude
Old 12-05-2001, 04:43 PM
PhatGuy

Another example is the new 2002 BMW M3:

CDN Price fully loaded is 69K CDN = 43.5US

Old 12-06-2001, 07:33 AM

Wow....THat is a huge price difference! If you live in the U.S., is there any way to order the Maxima from Canada and pay those prices? Or would you have to go to Canada to buy it? I'm a little confused as to how we (U.S. peeps) could make this work...But hey, if I could get a new loaded '02 for around the same price as used 2k and 2k1's are going for around here, then hell ya!

Old 12-06-2001, 07:55 AM
Pele ain't got nothing on me

I think it's because of the auto import taxes. The US taxes non-domestic car companies to protect their own national auto companies. So there is a percentage of the imported vehicle price that is purely taxes. If they didn't tax the imports, GM, Ford and Chrysler wouldn't survive (or at least that's the thought) because more people would buy the imported vehicles because it would be cheaper and be of "better" quality than domestics.

Here is a link about this from Canada. That's their (Canada's) trade policy. I think (I'm not sure) in the US, they tax all imports.

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/May2000/31/c0121.html
Old 12-06-2001, 08:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy
Wow....THat is a huge price difference! If you live in the U.S., is there any way to order the Maxima from Canada and pay those prices? Or would you have to go to Canada to buy it? I'm a little confused as to how we (U.S. peeps) could make this work...But hey, if I could get a new loaded '02 for around the same price as used 2k and 2k1's are going for around here, then hell ya!
You can buy one in Canada as a US resident. That is what I am doing. I do not believe you can have it shipped, but I could be wrong. I think if it is shipped someone else is likely to be considered the importer of it by customs.

I ordered mine in Toronto and I'm driving it home. There are 15% Canadian taxes that are refunded (by mail).

Here's how it works.

1) Call your dealer and make a deal
2) Get the VIN from the dealer
3) Get Emissions/Crash safety letter from Nissan
4) Go to dealer and pay for car (can't finance with Nissan Canada)
5) Drive it home. You'll need to pay like $15 for some temporary plate that lets you drive it. (you should already have your insurance active for it)
6) Stop at the Candian side and get the forms stamped "exported".
7) Declare the car at the US side and 2.5% import duty on the price of the car (price does not include Canadian Taxes)
8) Register the car in your state and pay sales tax
9) Mail in forms to get your taxes back from Canada

Stereodude
Old 12-06-2001, 12:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by Stereodude

You can buy one in Canada as a US resident. That is what I am doing. I do not believe you can have it shipped, but I could be wrong. I think if it is shipped someone else is likely to be considered the importer of it by customs.

I ordered mine in Toronto and I'm driving it home. There are 15% Canadian taxes that are refunded (by mail).

Here's how it works.

1) Call your dealer and make a deal
2) Get the VIN from the dealer
3) Get Emissions/Crash safety letter from Nissan
4) Go to dealer and pay for car (can't finance with Nissan Canada)
5) Drive it home. You'll need to pay like $15 for some temporary plate that lets you drive it. (you should already have your insurance active for it)
6) Stop at the Candian side and get the forms stamped "exported".
7) Declare the car at the US side and 2.5% import duty on the price of the car (price does not include Canadian Taxes)
8) Register the car in your state and pay sales tax
9) Mail in forms to get your taxes back from Canada

Stereodude
Wow. It seems like alot of extra stuff but well worth the 7K. I mean canada is a 4 - 5 hourdrive for me here in Massachusetts I think (never been there) but I mean if you saving that much makes the trip worthwhile. So you get back all the taxes you spent for importing it too from canada?

One other thing, if your getting a loan from like a bank or what not will most let you give it to an out of country place? I would think as long as your returning to the country they would be fine but just curious.

SuDZ
Old 12-06-2001, 01:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by SuDZ

Wow. It seems like alot of extra stuff but well worth the 7K. I mean canada is a 4 - 5 hourdrive for me here in Massachusetts I think (never been there) but I mean if you saving that much makes the trip worthwhile. So you get back all the taxes you spent for importing it too from canada?

One other thing, if your getting a loan from like a bank or what not will most let you give it to an out of country place? I would think as long as your returning to the country they would be fine but just curious.

SuDZ
I'm told some will let you borrow the money even though you're buying out of the country. E-mail JonLofquist (at) aol.com and tell him you're interested in getting the information on how to buy a Maxima in Canada. He has a more detailed write-up (I got the informations from him).

Stereodude
Old 12-06-2001, 01:55 PM

I think the fully loaded 6spd max in Canada is $36,900 MSRP, then slap a 15% tax and AC tax and some other weird things and it comes out to about 42,700 Canadian. So at MSRP 42,700 X .63 = 26,901 . So it's about $5,000 cheaper. Well, ok, I guess 5 grand does make it a lot cheaper, lol.

The real savangs is if someone comes up from the US and buys a Canadian max, you get to avoid the 15% tax. US buyer's will have to pay about $500 terif{S?} tax and then have the speedometer changed $200ish. Changing your odometer can have a signifacant effect on resale value though.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Why do you need to have the Odometer reset? Do you mean the Speedo? Aren't they on the metric system?

So, if you went to Canada and bought the car and brought it back here to the states, all you would have to pay is the tarrif and regular taxes back here?

Originally posted by emax95

I think the fully loaded 6spd max in Canada is $36,900 MSRP, then slap a 15% tax and AC tax and some other weird things and it comes out to about 42,700 Canadian. So at MSRP 42,700 X .63 = 26,901 . So it's about $5,000 cheaper. Well, ok, I guess 5 grand does make it a lot cheaper, lol.

The real savangs is if someone comes up from the US and buys a Canadian max, you get to avoid the 15% tax. US buyer's will have to pay about $500 terif{S?} tax and then have the speedometer changed $200ish. Changing your odometer can have a signifacant effect on resale value though.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disagree on the price

Originally posted by Trev_Daddy
Why do you need to have the Odometer reset? Do you mean the Speedo? Aren't they on the metric system?

So, if you went to Canada and bought the car and brought it back here to the states, all you would have to pay is the tarrif and regular taxes back here?
You don't have the Odo reset, get the IP replaced. This gives you a US speedometer and mileage in Miles instead of KM.

Basically you are correct. If you buy the car in Canada and bring it back you get your 15% Canadian taxes back. However you get the money back by mail, so expect about a 2 month wait. In the end you pay your states sales tax and the 2.5% import duty.

Stereodude
Old 12-07-2001, 08:11 PM

Interesting how a thread about a Maxima SE-R @ Courtesy Nissan floor in Richardson can turn into an off-topic thread about how to buy a Nissan in Canada. Oh well. Dropped by Courtesy today and swa the alleged $36k car. It's more like $31-32k. The mods are $1599 Borbet wheels, $1,999 leather interior, $781 Blitz full catback, and a pop-charger. They swear that it's a 280 hp car. Looks nice but most members can come up with a better combo. The only thing that I liked about it is the Blitz full catback. They stated that there is a six week wait on the exhaust, brand-spanking new. I'll probably bite the bullet and take one for the team and get one. Good looking car, but I insist most anyone on this board could do much better(especially by dropping SSR Gt1's & Z-rated Michelins on it).
Old 12-07-2001, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by rubman
Interesting how a thread about a Maxima SE-R @ Courtesy Nissan floor in Richardson can turn into an off-topic thread about how to buy a Nissan in Canada. Oh well. Dropped by Courtesy today and swa the alleged $36k car. It's more like $31-32k. The mods are $1599 Borbet wheels, $1,999 leather interior, $781 Blitz full catback, and a pop-charger. They swear that it's a 280 hp car. Looks nice but most members can come up with a better combo. The only thing that I liked about it is the Blitz full catback. They stated that there is a six week wait on the exhaust, brand-spanking new. I'll probably bite the bullet and take one for the team and get one. Good looking car, but I insist most anyone on this board could do much better(especially by dropping SSR Gt1's & Z-rated Michelins on it).
Lol, threads have a weird way of changing.

If a stock max has 255HP the courtesy maxima has about 265-270HP.
Old 12-08-2001, 11:30 AM
Maxima06071

Not really cause It only cost Nissan about 3,000 to make each car any way

Old 12-08-2001, 11:40 AM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by Maxima06071

Not really cause It only cost Nissan about 3,000 to make each car any way
anyway the SE-R Maxima for $32-34,000 daddy likes

Old 12-16-2001, 09:03 PM

pics

are there pics of the courtesy max anywhere?