5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 03:53 PM

need help!

ok...this is annoying me....i have a 2001 AE maxima....when i have my sunroof closed.....it makes little noises or rattles when im driving.....when i have it open it makes noises if i have the bass going.....even without the bass on...it makes little noises around that area of the sunroof....the noises sound like something is loose....maybe.......what should i do????..ive had my sunroof deflector off for like a month....i know that couldnt be the cause...
someone please help me.....
Old 12-04-2001, 03:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: need help!

Originally posted by rob van dam
ok...this is annoying me....i have a 2001 AE maxima....when i have my sunroof closed.....it makes little noises or rattles when im driving.....when i have it open it makes noises if i have the bass going.....even without the bass on...it makes little noises around that area of the sunroof....the noises sound like something is loose....maybe.......what should i do????..ive had my sunroof deflector off for like a month....i know that couldnt be the cause...
someone please help me.....
remedy: starting five posts w/same topic j/k, I would got back to the dealership
Old 12-04-2001, 04:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Id open it feel around for anything lose. check all the screws and other hardware to see if anything is moving. Id definitly just take it to the dealer and have em look at it. Dont mention anything about the Bass rattling it or the genius serv. dept will tell you "oh its the bass from your stereo, nothing wrong w/ your sunroof"..Good luck..btw you do know you posted this 5 times right?
Old 12-04-2001, 04:56 PM
Got Bent?

The rubber seals need to be lubricated.... mine squeak and creak too sometimes....