5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How To Install R34 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 PM

Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM

Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM

^^
Old 01-25-2010, 07:43 PM

The installation is very straightforward.
-First you remove the headlights. Just two bolts on top and you pop the whole thing out.
-Second you probably need to jack the car up a little for better access and start removing the bolts that hold the lining and fog lights (if you have them) and remove the bumper (dont forget the sidemarkers too)
-Third step is you pull the OEM bumper off then take some pictures and post for sale on the ORG
-Forth and last step which is the most critical part. If you are going to paint it body color, make sure the paint is dry, then bolt your awesome R34 bumper to the car. To make sure you've installed it correctly, take it for a test run. Easiest way is to find a long hill with a steep incline, then park the car on the top of the hill. Now put it in drive and release the parking brake and watch the car roll down for a test run.
Don't forget to post result and pix!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 PM

YOU SHOULD DO IT AND PUT NEON LIGHTS UNDER AND ALL OVER YOUR CAR OOH OH OH EVEN BETTER MAKE IT SPELL "I"M DA MAN!", AND DISPLAY IT IN THE REAR WINDSHIELD! PUT ONE OF THOSE FIREBALLS EXHAUST SO EVERYONE CAN HEARD THE MAN OF THE YEAR IS COMING! PROLLY GET MAXIMA OF THE MONTH!!! if you know what i mean JUST LIKE NIKE SAID "JUST DO IT!" O YEA I FORGOT YOU SHOULD ALSO PUT ONE OF THOSE SUPER BIG SPOILER TO COMPLETE YOUR AERODYNAMIC TRANSFORMATION! THAT IS LIKE SEX ON FIRE!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM

this has to be a sticky, one of the finniest topic's of 2010 besides snooky on the jersey shore.

It's your ca,r do what you want. At 17 I did stupid things too, I regret alot of them. Live and learn. Rice and burn. IBTL
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by 5point5gen
YOU SHOULD DO IT AND PUT NEON LIGHTS UNDER AND ALL OVER YOUR CAR OOH OH OH EVEN BETTER MAKE IT SPELL "I"M DA MAN!", AND DISPLAY IT IN THE REAR WINDSHIELD! PUT ONE OF THOSE FIREBALLS EXHAUST SO EVERYONE CAN HEARD THE MAN OF THE YEAR IS COMING! PROLLY GET MAXIMA OF THE MONTH!!! if you know what i mean JUST LIKE NIKE SAID "JUST DO IT!" O YEA I FORGOT YOU SHOULD ALSO PUT ONE OF THOSE SUPER BIG SPOILER TO COMPLETE YOUR AERODYNAMIC TRANSFORMATION! THAT IS LIKE SEX ON FIRE!
WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THE YELLING FOR?!

Seriously, though. Haven't we made our point enough? Let the thread die.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THE YELLING FOR?!

Seriously, though. Haven't we made our point enough? Let the thread die.
I DUNNO WHAT YOU YELLING ABOUT?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:35 AM

You guys need to chill out. I already gave him the complete write-up with pics.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by SuperStasiu
I DUNNO WHAT YOU YELLING ABOUT?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
I know. I vote best write-up of 2010 so far.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Old 01-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Hey kid, don`t let these internet fools ruin what you want to do to your car. If you want to put the R34 kit on then, do it. These guys said the same thing about my car, " riced out". Big deal, let them be apart of the 95% of the Maximas on here. They all look the same Stillen this and Stillen that, but at the end of the day they look all the same. So don`t let them beat you up on that. If you want the kit, go get it. And if your parents buy it for you, so what. You know 95% (the same 95% as above) of these guys on here if there parents where going to buy them something wouldn`t say "no thanks I will save my money to make me appreciate it more". LOL Yea right. My point is if you want it and get put on get ready for the negative people on here to let you have it, get ready for the rice word a lot. Who cares its your freeken car do with it want you want. When I put my kit on people called it rice, too. Then turboed the car and people said why are you spending so much money on a fwd car with all that power. Because I wanted to thats why. I`m not usually this mean or rude but this guy just asked for instructions and where to buy the kit nothing else. Now I know that I`m going to get some flack for this little rant. Cause on here you always have the certain people thinking they know best. You know its funny I have IM some guys on here, even one giving guy this guy a bunch of shet for wanting this kit, anyway he was very cool and helped me out. So why can`t the same guy and the rest of you be cool now. You want to impress your internet buddies. I don`t know. Just be real. Not a fool.

To the OP you can IM me if you have anymore questions. Cause this thread will now get out of hand.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Hey kid, don`t let these internet fools ruin what you want to do to your car. If you want to put the R34 kit on then, do it. These guys said the same thing about my car, " riced out". Big deal, let them be apart of the 95% of the Maximas on here. They all look the same Stillen this and Stillen that, but at the end of the day they look all the same. So don`t let them beat you up on that. If you want the kit, go get it. And if your parents buy it for you, so what. You know 95% (the same 95% as above) of these guys on here if there parents where going to buy them something wouldn`t say "no thanks I will save my money to make me appreciate it more". LOL Yea right. My point is if you want it and get put on get ready for the negative people on here to let you have it, get ready for the rice word a lot. Who cares its your freeken car do with it want you want. When I put my kit on people called it rice, too. Then turboed the car and people said why are you spending so much money on a fwd car with all that power. Because I wanted to thats why. I`m not usually this mean or rude but this guy just asked for instructions and where to buy the kit nothing else. Now I know that I`m going to get some flack for this little rant. Cause on here you always have the certain people thinking they know best. You know its funny I have IM some guys on here, even one giving guy this guy a bunch of shet for wanting this kit, anyway he was very cool and helped me out. So why can`t the same guy and the rest of you be cool now. You want to impress your internet buddies. I don`t know. Just be real. Not a fool.

To the OP you can IM me if you have anymore questions. Cause this thread will now get out of hand.
well said good sir
Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM

i give you credit for being one of the first turbo 5.5s but 99% of people on this board thinks your car is the biggest riced out pos ever. you love it..good for you...no one else does...congrats on the power..

Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

:metalmax:
Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM

can this please get locked already and off the first page.. how do you alert the mods.. someone?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 PM

Where the efff is PuppetMaster!?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM

Not to interupt the hate fest going on but to answer the kids question- it's not hard to put on and it actually fit quite well BUT you have to remove your bumper support and impact strip , meaning the whole front of the car is protected by a fiberglass bumper and your core support. I had this body kit on my car and had a very low speed wreck and ended up totalling the car and breaking my back in 3 spots. I am permanently f'd up . so even though you might think it looks good I would not do any of the fiberglass body kits. just do a stillen lip kit , they fit perfect and look great. LEARN FROM MY DUMBASS, DO NOT DO THE R34 FRONT.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Raven0213
wow member since 08'..and still a newbie... strong 3rd post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:02 PM

sleeper is my style
Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

bahahahaha. i am a sleeper indeed.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 AM

Let them haterz keep hating man....I like your car and think it looks hot man,and great post ur absolutly right.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:40 AM

Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 AM

Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Haha your so funny...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Kind of late on that response, no...?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Turbo'd Saab

lol
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 PM

No, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Mustangs. In fact, I love Cobras. I'd drive the **** out of one if I could afford it.
Yep, I agree with that 100%. Just like my name KBCobra. My friend has a 530whp Cobra, He took me for a spin in it, it's a whole 'nother level of fast
Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS

Do you still want one.
I dont know what you did but i have that kit and it took alot of body work but mine is sick looking..
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey man My car looks the exact same as yours( color and all) But where did you get the grill to put on the kit?? The upper grill cover
Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by GasMaskBandit
Hey man My car looks the exact same as yours( color and all) But where did you get the grill to put on the kit?? The upper grill cover
That's not actually his car. That's an eBay special he found to show what the R34 bodykit looks like.

Why waste so much money on those? $600 is a nitrous setup. Or I/H/E.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM

I totally understand the "if I like it them who cares" mentality, but the "its different then the 95% of maximas on this site" is NOT a valid argument. Different or apart from the crowd doesn't mean it looks good. Heck if that was the case someone should paint their car in a rainbow pattern, hey its different so it must be good right!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:29 PM

Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by glockfanbob
I totally understand the "if I like it them who cares" mentality, but the "its different then the 95% of maximas on this site" is NOT a valid argument. Different or apart from the crowd doesn't mean it looks good. Heck if that was the case someone should paint their car in a rainbow pattern, hey its different so it must be good right!
Yeah man,

Looks are subjective and all, which is fine, someone can do whatever they want to their car. Although you might have to take cover for doing it.

I for one, like the masses, think body kits aside from a very subtle clean lip, are
Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 PM

MAD TYTE JDM, YO!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:27 PM

Moncef's write-up on the last page still cracks me up.

Quick Reply: How To Install R34 Body Kit