5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

side markers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 05:46 AM

side markers?

can somone please link me where i can purchase either clear or smoked(preferred) sidemarkers both rear and front for my 03 SE.
i have the silver titanium edition with 5% tint all around and i think the smoked ones will look best.

i need to pay with paypal. that is the only online money i have available.

thank you!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by .aNiMaL
can somone please link me where i can purchase either clear or smoked(preferred) sidemarkers both rear and front for my 03 SE.
i have the silver titanium edition with 5% tint all around and i think the smoked ones will look best.

i need to pay with paypal. that is the only online money i have available.

thank you!
here

B
Old 03-10-2010, 06:10 AM

Yup. Ebay.

These:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-02...Q5fAccessories

or these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...Q5fAccessories

or these (i think these are the ones I bought a while back):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-03...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

ebay is your best bet on even on this site parts section
Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 AM

this is along the same lines so im really not off topic or PW'ing

but does anyone know where to get the paint to paint the side markers the same color as the car? i know they make that nightshade stuff but i want to color match them.

B
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 AM

just buy $8 tint off ebay and smoke them urself man save some cash!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:41 AM

I got my clears off of ebay....got them in 4 days.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 AM

Do people commonly have issues with these leaking or fogging up? I would like to purchase some smoked ones but I have seen it mentioned that some people have issues. I just am curious if it is 50/50 or if my odds are better or worse than that. Has anyone with issues let them dry and and tried sealing them up with silicone?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by kgallerie
I purchased mine from this seller last week and so far so good. One of the fronts came cracked but so far he has been pretty responsive on replacing it.

Oh and one other bonus, the fronts come with amber bulbs. You're on your own with the rears though.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM

I have had a couple different sets and I have never had any problems with moisture or fogging up.

The only problem that I have had it that the rears fit a little loose, but that was nothing a little 2 sided tape couldnt take care of.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97
this is along the same lines so im really not off topic or PW'ing

but does anyone know where to get the paint to paint the side markers the same color as the car? i know they make that nightshade stuff but i want to color match them.

B
I have had a couple different sets and I have never had any problems with moisture or fogging up.

The only problem that I have had it that the rears fit a little loose, but that was nothing a little 2 sided tape couldnt take care of.
you seem informed...you think you can help me out with the first quoted post?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 AM

you seem informed...you think you can help me out with the first quoted post?
.....I wouldnt call myself informed. I just bought a couple sets of clear/smoked from ebay. It doesnt take much know how to do that.

But to address your question, i know CustomLowz had his rear side markers colormatched, but they were vinyl overlays I believe. He had "maxima" cut out of the overlay and they looked really sweet.

So are you looking paint them body color and still have light come through? I dont know if thats really possible. That color paint may be too opaque to let light come through. I guess you could try a couple really light coats and it might work. If you are going to do that, I wouldnt start with the red/orange lights. Get a set of clear or smoked because the red/blue or orange/blue combination could give you a purple or brown result.

I have seen a couple threads about getting matching paint. IIRC, some places can mix some for you to match,then put it in a spray can for you but I dont remember where. It could possibly be in a grille painting thread, or something like that.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:22 AM

.....I wouldnt call myself informed. I just bought a couple sets of clear/smoked from ebay. It doesnt take much know how to do that.

But to address your question, i know CustomLowz had his rear side markers colormatched, but they were vinyl overlays I believe. He had "maxima" cut out of the overlay and they looked really sweet.

So are you looking paint them body color and still have light come through? I dont know if thats really possible. That color paint may be too opaque to let light come through. I guess you could try a couple really light coats and it might work. If you are going to do that, I wouldnt start with the red/orange lights. Get a set of clear or smoked because the red/blue or orange/blue combination could give you a purple or brown result.

I have seen a couple threads about getting matching paint. IIRC, some places can mix some for you to match,then put it in a spray can for you but I dont remember where. It could possibly be in a grille painting thread, or something like that.
I didnt mean from this thread. ive seen posts from you in other threads and was basing my opinion of those.

the overlay might work as well.

as for the paint. i didnt consider light output to be a problem especially with the majestic blue paint but figured i could cure it with some LED's. ill have to do some research. might even have to go to the stealership to get some paint

B
Old 03-10-2010, 08:51 AM

I didnt mean from this thread. ive seen posts from you in other threads and was basing my opinion of those.

the overlay might work as well.

as for the paint. i didnt consider light output to be a problem especially with the majestic blue paint but figured i could cure it with some LED's. ill have to do some research. might even have to go to the stealership to get some paint

B
Oh.....thank you.....I'll take that as a compliment even though I consider myself quite novice compared to most on here. I do a lot of reading on the org. when I am bored at work, which is most of the time
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Oh.....thank you.....I'll take that as a compliment even though I consider myself quite novice compared to most on here. I do a lot of reading on the org. when I am bored at work, which is most of the time
wow its like i wrote that. you must be my brother from another mother. lol.

Ill give the paint a shot with some clears and see how they turn out. thanks again

B
Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM

I have had good luck dealing with these guys on a number of my vehicles.

http://www.autodynamic.com/
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM

Those ebay ones listed above are actually what i ordered yesterday, im glad others have had good luck with them.

As for the vinyl, try to find a local sign or banner store or place that does boat lettering or something and see if they have anything in stock that will be close to matching the color of the car. it will be a lot easier to take that off, then trying to remove paint if it doesnt look good to you
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by quickhuh
Those ebay ones listed above are actually what i ordered yesterday, im glad others have had good luck with them.

As for the vinyl, try to find a local sign or banner store or place that does boat lettering or something and see if they have anything in stock that will be close to matching the color of the car. it will be a lot easier to take that off, then trying to remove paint if it doesnt look good to you
thats an awesome idea. thanks

there is a sign shop right over by my house

B
Old 03-10-2010, 01:28 PM

no problem, i have done it with all of my other cars and have never had a problem or been hassled at all
Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM

I have a set of clears and a set of smoked purchased from ebay (same price & place listed in someone elses ebay link in this thread) that are brand new never opened. I am getting my 02 SE...sterling mist...next Saturday and will probably go with the clear ones. If you haven't found any smoked ones by them and I'll sell them to you for $30 or something. PM me after next Saturday if interested. I want to wait to sell them in case I last minute change my mind when I pick up the car!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:31 AM

what is your opinion guys? clear or smoked? here is my car... nothing much done to it right now. 5% tint all around.. need alot of body work done on the drivers side.. sideswipped my garage on new years :P but that was after these pics were taken!

Old 03-11-2010, 05:40 AM

The first picture really looks like sterling mist, but the second looks like it might be the titanium edition color. Can you check your paint code? Sterling mist is KT3. I dont know the titanium edition color code.

I have a sterling mist and I swapped my tails for the 00-01 SE black tails, so i have the smoked side markers to go with the gray/black theme.

But with yours as is, you could go with either.....the smoked would go with the tinted windows, but the clears would go better with the tails and headlights.

Last edited by vball_max; 03-11-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 AM

what is your opinion guys? clear or smoked? here is my car... nothing much done to it right now. 5% tint all around.. need alot of body work done on the drivers side.. sideswipped my garage on new years :P but that was after these pics were taken!
Since you're asking opinions... the red rear-markers match the red in the taillights. And the amber front-markers match the amber in your turn signals. On a sheer-silver 5.5 like yours and mine, I wouldn't change a thing. (Except to ditch that windshield banner.)
Old 03-11-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Since you're asking opinions... the red rear-markers match the red in the taillights. And the amber front-markers match the amber in your turn signals. On a sheer-silver 5.5 like yours and mine, I wouldn't change a thing.
i was gonna say the same thing...lol

i like the look of the amber up front and i think the red or clears would look good on the back

your car though man

Originally Posted by Rochester
ditch that windshield banner.

Last edited by NissanMan97; 03-11-2010 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:36 AM

hey bro bake the headlight and open it up to take the orange turn signal out. its not that hard i did it to mine and my brothers TL. read up on it, ask any questions im here to help if you need any. then do smoked corners for the front and keep the rear red. orange doesnt look good....well thats just my opinion. what ever floats your boat lol thast the combo i have on my maxima. good luck

Last edited by 914Max914; 03-11-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by 914Max914
hey bro bake the headlight and open it up to take the orange turn signal out. its not that hard i did it to mine and my brothers TL. read up on it, ask any questions im here to help if you need any. then do smoked corners for the front and keep the rear red. orange doesnt look good....well thats just my opinion. what ever floats your boat lol thast the combo i have on my maxima. good luck
I gotta agree with this guy. I hate orange on cars.....but again....just our opinions.

914Max, personally I would definitely replace the your rear red side markers with smoked. I would be trying to get rid of any red on my car whatsoever if I had the merlot color. Merlot and red just dont mix.

If you went with the smoked rear side markers, and replaced the tails with the 00-01 SE tails, or black/clear tails (there's a pair for sale in the 5th gen classifieds for like $25 now), that would complete your color scheme and look great.

The front of your car looks great with the merlot, black and clear scheme. Why not continue it to the rear???

Last edited by vball_max; 03-11-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 AM

i have custom taillights i opened and painted my self. and i put smoke on the rear and personally i dont like it to much. so i kept the red. these are old pictures now i have Altima SE-R rims and more exterior mods. ill take pics and post more later but to stay on topic the reds in the picture come out really bad idk why but the side markers match the tails perfectly in person.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 AM

Cool.....I like your tails. The red is toned down so it matched the merlot better.

The rear sidemarkers IMO look terrible in that picture.....maybe its just the way the sun is hitting it or something......

Personally, i still think the smoked sides would look much better back there, but thats just my opinion.

Nice max though.....my 2 favorite colors for the max are probably majestic blue and the merlot.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:14 AM

yea thanks alot bro and its def. looking terrible in that picture lol but in person it looks alot like the tails. mabi ill take some more pictures later if im not busy but either way smoke or red it looks good. i jus left the red cuase it matches the tails in person
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 AM

my 2 favorite colors for the max are probably majestic blue and the merlot.
thats right!

im gonna try the vinyl thing

B
Old 03-11-2010, 08:24 AM

thats right!

im gonna try the vinyl thing

B
Did you see what CustomLowz did with his? Are you planning to do some kind of cutout like that?

I dont think the vinyl will let any light through unless they have some semi-transparent vinyl or something.

Good luck with it.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM

Did you see what CustomLowz did with his? Are you planning to do some kind of cutout like that?

I dont think the vinyl will let any light through unless they have some semi-transparent vinyl or something.

Good luck with it.
no i didnt see what he did.

I figured i could go up there and they could put a piece next to the light and see it it lights up. simplest way to find out. if it lets light through with an amber lens and low output bulb then it will for sure with a clear lens and led bulb. at least thats what i figure

B

B
Old 03-11-2010, 08:58 AM

Check out the first pic in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/members-rid...inor-work.html

If you could get the sign shop to cut something like that into them, and then you place them over clear or smoked side markers, that would look really sweet!

You could also try contacting erty67 or nzelinsky. Erty67 is the one who does the .org stickers, and nzelinsky was involved in the 4DSC stickers thread. They might have something close in color. Hell....if one of them can do something like that, you may be starting a new trend!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM

Check out the first pic in this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/members-rid...inor-work.html

If you could get the sign shop to cut something like that into them, and then you place them over clear or smoked side markers, that would look really sweet!

You could also try contacting erty67 or nzelinsky. Erty67 is the one who does the .org stickers, and nzelinsky was involved in the 4DSC stickers thread. They might have something close in color. Hell....if one of them can do something like that, you may be starting a new trend!
that does look sweet. from the way it looks i will have to go with a cut out in the vinyl to get any light out of them.

thanks

B
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 AM

Nice color, nice and clean ride! Love the rims. Have them on, too!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 AM

thanks for the input guys! its great having rapid responses! About clearing out the turn signals in the headlights, i would love to do it but honestly i am acared to death about baking my headlight.

i would do it if

a) someone can find me a great write up on it and

b)(THE MOST TROUBLE I HAVE) finding the clear insert to replace the amber.

any help?!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:51 AM

thanks for the input guys! its great having rapid responses! About clearing out the turn signals in the headlights, i would love to do it but honestly i am acared to death about baking my headlight.

i would do it if

a) someone can find me a great write up on it and

b)(THE MOST TROUBLE I HAVE) finding the clear insert to replace the amber.

any help?!
use the search function and search for threads by Metal Maxima...he has a ton of write ups.

B
Old 03-12-2010, 01:07 PM

OP: If you plan on fixing the drivers side of your car, just have the body shop paint your sidemarkers. I bought my '01 in Nov of '08 with the corner heavily scratched. I had a shop in town fix the scrathes and I had them paint the factory side lights. The color of my Max is sterling mist. Can't even tell the lights are in the body till night comes, the light comes thru without a problem. Haven't even been hassled by the local fuzz, either time I was pulled over.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1800bucks
OP: If you plan on fixing the drivers side of your car, just have the body shop paint your sidemarkers. I bought my '01 in Nov of '08 with the corner heavily scratched. I had a shop in town fix the scrathes and I had them paint the factory side lights. The color of my Max is sterling mist. Can't even tell the lights are in the body till night comes, the light comes thru without a problem. Haven't even been hassled by the local fuzz, either time I was pulled over.
Day and night pics please!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 PM

what about window tint as a covering? obviously you can see through it...

may work

B

Quick Reply: side markers?