5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 02:13 PM

Help

can you put wheel adapters on a Front wheel drive vehicle?
Old 12-11-2001, 03:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

By wheel adapters you mean like them adapter that change your bolt patterns?

Or do you mean spacers that adjust the offset like if you had the incorrect offset wheels?

I would not do the adapters to change the bolt patterns, I dont believe in them and plus they are a good 1.5" thick, that makes your car look ghetto cause now you just shifted the offset about 1.5", if you kept the stock tires on, then you tires now stick out 1.5"s on each side. Basically means ghetto.

Spacers are alright, but some people say cause vibrations, I dont see how that is possible when the spacers are tight as I dont know what against the hub. So if anything spacers are fine to a point.

Dixit
Old 12-11-2001, 08:08 PM

Re: Help

i was talking about the adapters to change the bolt pattern. So i would be better off selling them and gettin new rims?
Old 12-11-2001, 09:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Help

Originally posted by Maximus baby
i was talking about the adapters to change the bolt pattern. So i would be better off selling them and gettin new rims?
Yeah cause the wheel adapter for changing the bolt patterns are expensive and very thick. You will require some crazy offset wheels to make up for that. And I dont think they make that type of offsets either to make up for that.

Dixit
Old 12-16-2001, 02:39 PM

well the guy gave a me a real good price on the wheel adapters but only had two in stock and we put them on their with two of the rims to see what it would look like and it looks pretty but i got to wait about 10 to 15 days now because he has to order some more adapters.