5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Lighting mods for the 5th gen.... something new

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 10:30 PM

Lighting mods for the 5th gen.... something new

Alright it may not be anything new, cause to make a long story short I'm an idiot. I did a search to see if there was an easy way for the brighter part of the 1157's up front to be on while the lights are on. Found some posts that indicated that you could shave off the upper nub on the the 1157's and install them backwards..... made sense to me so I tried it. The problem is with it set up like that all of the lights come on at the same time, meaning my blinkers no longer flash and my rear blinkers are always on as well...... I feel...... ghetto. So basically my fronts are bright but my blinkers no longer work and My rear hazard blinkers...... stay on constantly as well.
Oh and another thing...... the 1157's up front are stuck in their sockets. First any idea how to get the damn things out without dremmelling them to oblivion then taking the shards out? Also any way you can suggest that would allow me to keep the front blinkers on the bright setting while still retaining the ability for the blinkers to work...... I know I'm a moron but....... I had to try it. Besides I figure it'd be good for a laugh or two. I'm gonna have to do something about it tomorrow before it gets dark..... wish me luck.... I don't need to get pulled over by the po-po.

Oh yeah..... I'm engaged, gettin hitched June 8th. (no jokes about letting people like me breed alright.)
Old 12-13-2001, 11:45 PM
RBa

Re: Lighting mods for the 5th gen.... something new

Originally posted by Yoritomo
Alright it may not be anything new, cause to make a long story short I'm an idiot. I did a search to see if there was an easy way for the brighter part of the 1157's up front to be on while the lights are on. Found some posts that indicated that you could shave off the upper nub on the the 1157's and install them backwards..... made sense to me so I tried it. The problem is with it set up like that all of the lights come on at the same time, meaning my blinkers no longer flash and my rear blinkers are always on as well...... I feel...... ghetto. So basically my fronts are bright but my blinkers no longer work and My rear hazard blinkers...... stay on constantly as well.
Oh and another thing...... the 1157's up front are stuck in their sockets. First any idea how to get the damn things out without dremmelling them to oblivion then taking the shards out? Also any way you can suggest that would allow me to keep the front blinkers on the bright setting while still retaining the ability for the blinkers to work...... I know I'm a moron but....... I had to try it. Besides I figure it'd be good for a laugh or two. I'm gonna have to do something about it tomorrow before it gets dark..... wish me luck.... I don't need to get pulled over by the po-po.

Oh yeah..... I'm engaged, gettin hitched June 8th. (no jokes about letting people like me breed alright.)
Old 12-14-2001, 12:24 AM
JET Speed Lab

you made me choke on my coke!

jiggle the bulb out.. it'll come out.
Old 12-14-2001, 07:31 AM

Originally posted by ToYLeT902
you made me choke on my coke!

jiggle the bulb out.. it'll come out.
I think the problem was that I installed it wrong. Without the secound nub I don't think I actually have it turned 180 degrees. I did it at night. This caused the bulb to get stuck.......... I got the bulbs out by the way..... But now I have to go buy new ones. Good thing they were cheap apc bulbs. Anyway..... sorry about chokin on your coke. I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Heh heh
Old 12-14-2001, 11:41 PM
JET Speed Lab