5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Snow Tires are Golden...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 05:34 PM

Snow Tires are Golden...

after weeks of second guessing my snow tire purchase (with the spring-like weather here in TO), well, the first big snow storm hit Toronto today and all i have to say is that the Nokian Hakka1 is the best "mod" this winter ...money well spent!

they grip the snow/ice/road combo like if it's dry pavement so stopping and starting are phenomenal ... mind you i don't have any other snow tire to compare it to but i'd definitely recommend them over the stock tires

kinda felt sorry for a car full of girls in a Lexus IS300 with stock 17" tires stuck in the middle of a hill on Brimley Ave near Scarborough Town Centre

okay, i'm off my soapbox now ...just wanted to share

cheers
Old 12-14-2001, 05:41 PM

Re: Snow Tires are Golden...

Hey ... Where and How much did you get them for????

I'm looking for a Set of Tires Myself.

What Size did you get as well??

empz@rogers.com

Originally posted by MajesticBlueNTO
after weeks of second guessing my snow tire purchase (with the spring-like weather here in TO), well, the first big snow storm hit Toronto today and all i have to say is that the Nokian Hakka1 is the best "mod" this winter ...money well spent!

they grip the snow/ice/road combo like if it's dry pavement so stopping and starting are phenomenal ... mind you i don't have any other snow tire to compare it to but i'd definitely recommend them over the stock tires

kinda felt sorry for a car full of girls in a Lexus IS300 with stock 17" tires stuck in the middle of a hill on Brimley Ave near Scarborough Town Centre

okay, i'm off my soapbox now ...just wanted to share

cheers
Old 12-14-2001, 05:45 PM

Re: Snow Tires are Golden...

Originally posted by MajesticBlueNTO

You didn't stop and help a car full of women? What's up with that?
Seriously, what size tire do you have?
Old 12-14-2001, 05:53 PM

Re: Re: Snow Tires are Golden...

Originally posted by CRMax

You didn't stop and help a car full of women? What's up with that?
Seriously, what size tire do you have?
i was waiting for someone to say this ... i was in the outer lane and there were other cars to the right of me .. plus i didn't see that they were girls until i damn near passed them and the driver rolled down her window

on the serious side, i've got 205/65/15s on steelies ...the rims just barely clear the caliper on the front but there's still enough room

cheers