5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Trust of Japan FSTB

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 08:14 AM

Trust of Japan FSTB

E-Bay is taking bids on a front strut tower brace (FSTB) for 2000-2002 Maximas, starting at $65 plus about $20 in shipping, made by "Trust of Japan". The promotion claims that this is a top rated, first quality product...anyone know if this is true? And what about a rear strut brace (RSB), does Trust of Japan make those, too?
Old 12-28-2001, 08:52 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Trust of Japan FSTB

Gimme a week or so (holiday break screws up shipping). I've talked to the guy already and i'm testing the bars for him on my 2k2.

I'm also testing the Intakes to see if it fits on the 2k2.

Trust Japan is also known as Greddy or Grex here in the US.

Originally posted by gurekku
E-Bay is taking bids on a front strut tower brace (FSTB) for 2000-2002 Maximas, starting at $65 plus about $20 in shipping, made by "Trust of Japan". The promotion claims that this is a top rated, first quality product...anyone know if this is true? And what about a rear strut brace (RSB), does Trust of Japan make those, too?
Old 12-28-2001, 09:32 AM

FSTB for my 2k2? Where do I sign?
Old 12-28-2001, 09:42 AM
Very sound, Mike

It's on E-Bay. He (the seller) doesn't know for sure it fits on 2002's as he never tested it.

He initially thought it would fit until he remembered that the clearance on the 2k2 is not as much as it was on the pre-2k2's.

He also said this is an exact replica (e.g. in reality, Courtesy copied this design) of the Courtesy bar which emax95 was able to install on his 2k2. So judging from that then i'm lead to believe it would fit.

Either way, at this point nothing is sure. If you want, wait for me to test out the one i have coming.

I'm also waiting for Brian (Cattman) to release his new FSTB design which from what i understand is going to be very good. That will most probably be the final FSTB i'll have on my Max.

Originally posted by ehughes
FSTB for my 2k2? Where do I sign?
Old 12-28-2001, 09:48 AM
Telus.net

Re: Trust of Japan FSTB

Originally posted by gurekku
Mine is on my way!

I've seen Trust strut bars designed for Cefiro in some Cefiro site....

Old 12-28-2001, 10:03 AM

Originally posted by soundmike
It's on E-Bay. He (the seller) doesn't know for sure it fits on 2002's as he never tested it.

He initially thought it would fit until he remembered that the clearance on the 2k2 is not as much as it was on the pre-2k2's.

He also said this is an exact replica (e.g. in reality, Courtesy copied this design) of the Courtesy bar which emax95 was able to install on his 2k2. So judging from that then i'm lead to believe it would fit.

Either way, at this point nothing is sure. If you want, wait for me to test out the one i have coming.

I'm also waiting for Brian (Cattman) to release his new FSTB design which from what i understand is going to be very good. That will most probably be the final FSTB i'll have on my Max.
Let me know if it works! Thanks.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just a note to you all. The guy selling the "Trust" bar on ebay (dohcnacivic1250) is a fraud. I bought a FSTB for My 92 VE from him with the assurance it would fit. Of course it didn't. When I tried to return it. He had already been banned from Ebay for shady selling. since then he has re-registered under different login names five or six times, after getting banned five or six times. I'm sure some of his stuff is legit, but be careful.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by 808SE
Just a note to you all. The guy selling the "Trust" bar on ebay (dohcnacivic1250) is a fraud. I bought a FSTB for My 92 VE from him with the assurance it would fit. Of course it didn't. When I tried to return it. He had already been banned from Ebay for shady selling. since then he has re-registered under different login names five or six times, after getting banned five or six times. I'm sure some of his stuff is legit, but be careful.
Maybe someone should send him a gift.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:00 AM

I have the Courtesy FSTB in the garage waiting for the car. They, Courtesy were the only ones that would guaranty the 02 fit ($102 shipped).
Greddy is certainly a good source and well known in the 300ZX world.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:00 AM
Very sound, Mike

I'm aware of several other Ebay users selling this type of bar in the past who are no longer registered with the bay.

However, judging from the number of feedbacks this guy has... i'm willing to risk it a bit.

Since i'm testing his Intake as well i got that at cost (lower than the price he put on Ebay) and i can get both FSTB and Intake shipped for a low flat rate ($13). He also guaranteed that if neither fits he'll accept it back and will pay for shipping as well as refund me for shipping costs.

Not sure if i should trust him but hey. The worst that could happen is me getting things i can't use and just resell it here at the Org to someone who can use it.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

soundmike - let us know how it turns out, and pics would be great!
I've noticed the Trust bar design is different from Courtesy but the bracket is similar.

Also, why am I interested you might ask? Well I'm looking for a suitable FSTB for my/our picky 3rd Gen VE's that have an intake about as high as the 3.5L in the '02.

Everything looks good except I ran into a wrinkle. A 4th Gen owner bought a 5th Gen FSTB for his 1999 per Courtesy's recommendation, but he found the bolt pattern to be slightly off. I've got a pic of it, and 2 studs line up, but the 3rd is too far inboard. As if the 5th Gen bolt pattern is bigger.

I had always thought all cars 89-02 had the same bolt pattern since 4th Gen fits 3rd Gen, and 5th Gen (is supposed to!) fit 4th Gen. People have also used 4th Gen on their 5th Gens. Is his bar defective or what???

Helllllllp....(!)