5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

02-06 3.5vq thermal spacers - 3pc kit Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Mine were nearly perfect for every gasket surface, maybe I just got lucky. Still, especially compared to stock gaskets...
Same here with the two sets I've installed. Luck usually isn't on my side.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Originally Posted by HMAX08
I understand you point, I am not Saying that, but what do you mean by copying/STOLEN a design, can you Say NWP copied/stole Nissan's design and/or OTHER company, I mean really look at the manifold, the spacer is an exact copy of the design of the the manifolds(that nissan made), its a matter of symantics i guess. its how one wants to see it. It has been pointed out here that there was another copany that made these for the VQ engine BEFORE NWP.Upon losing interest and no longer marketing them to the fwd vq community he picked up the mantle and sells his design. Not the "old school" white ones they sold. As well documented the swap and build of the car and portions of testing. Hell goto the site pull up the dyno sessions, street tuning sessions, etc, and then call and ask a technical question about something completely unrelated and its benefit to a 3.5 maxima *High stall tq convertor, utec, cams, manifold services etc.* Now had aaron purchased their spacers while they are building support and copied it to a **** hair of difference, and come around selling it for lets say 20$ less, there would be the same backlash. FROM ME @ least. The line about stealing nissans design is a moot point. any item you make for a manifold has to "caress lol" the manifold so it has to match to that, thats the bii to your end item *army jargon*, the jack handle to your jack, the phillips tip to the plastic handle, the orange juice to the screwdriver. You think nitrous fogger plates for carbs are a bitten design because they copy the outline of the hole under the carb?

As per the BOP Plates again, there was a need for a better price in the community. The BOPs cost about 3 dollars to make yet nwp was hosing the community for 35 to 50 buck for it. NWP know this, that is why his basic BOP is now 10 bucks but his premium stuff is still around $50 what that 50 get you, raised letters that say NWP that NO one sees once the engine cover is on.You see it on mine lol right under the titanium strut bar . Im an engine ***** so the niceties got a little bit further with me. I personally would rather pay for something that is physically appealing and makes power than something that just makes power. As to his cost, I don't know what it costs to make them, but in my line of work i deal with large sums of funds daily. initial startup costs+r&d+testing+marketing+initial die costs& fab fees+ building a fanbase+support network in the off chance that something happens= alot of hard work and time. Thats whats being discounted. Should all of that be neglected and he sell the item at the amount it costs to make it now that hes dedicated how long and how much to the aforementioned tasks? In case your curious im in logistics management for a group of great people within the greatest military branch in the world. Some of the numbers you see would make you **** yourself for what we get for it :/

copying said design to the letter=what china has done to so many of the products we used to make here at home and has systematically empowered them while reducing our output here at home...but i digress..... That's just an observation

Just because CXJ's prices are lower doesnt mean its CHEAPER materials, CXJ saves money on the FRILLS, no fancy box and what not.
And while I'm sure that he doesn't, lets say he had taken the design idea that was offered by sparks in a thread and made a block off plate that added a volume increase to the manifold AND was offered unpainted, hell Id have one now. He took the easy route and copied it, regardless of material, painting it or no engraving, and decided to market it in a manner that proved to cause a rift in the community. Its a blatant infringement on another mans design. At some point you have to show yourself to be an ethical person to receive the same treatment that he is crying for now. That's my issue. Do i want to see him fail? Hell no, I can think of a couple products that if he made he could make a decent amount of revenue back on, and still coexist within the community; But when the new school disrespects the founders it can cause friction, as was the case here. Ill give it to him, he stepped up when he wasn't knowledgeable and admitted to his shortcomings and in turn is trying to make it right as best he can. But when you enter on a bad note its hard to stay and have mutual acceptance from all parties. I believe that's the impasse he is at now.
Please know I understand your point and respect your opinion as well
The same is offered from this side. No worries bro, i have really thick skin, its just getting the point across, and honestly within a community, had he approached aaron and said hey man, im looking to do something that may encroach in your back yard a bit, but ive got these things that im bringing to the table...It would have been looked at different in alot of peoples eyes.[/color][/b]

Originally Posted by Rochester
There's an Ignore List feature on the Org that helps clean out nonsense.

But I wouldn't write CJX off simply because of association... unless you start seeing them re-sold by CustomMaxima.
I bet he'd have a heartattack lol. I remember when they were trying to do that with the cattman 3 inch....smh

Originally Posted by nelledge
Same here with the two sets I've installed. Luck usually isn't on my side.

Last edited by Cant_Get_Ryte; 11-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Toolie

The first block plate was made years ago. Pretty sure someone made it from plexiglass. If the search function worked we could verify that. It was not marketed though. So it isn't NWP's design. The engraved Logo is NWP's design.

I don't know this for sure, but I would be willing to bet that someone like sr20den is the guy who suggested it, then a few people started making home made ones.

People have to get the facts straight.

Last edited by knight_yyz; 11-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cant_Get_Ryte
The same is offered from this side. No worries bro, i have really thick skin, its just getting the point across, and honestly within a community, had he approached aaron and said hey man, im looking to do something that may encroach in your back yard a bit, but ive got these things that im bringing to the table...It would have been looked at different in alot of peoples eyes.[/color][/b]

I bet he'd have a heartattack lol. I remember when they were trying to do that with the cattman 3 inch....smh

Good to know, i have a thick skin as well. I appreciate that we all like to stand by our opinions, but we need to also have respect for eachother while we do it, it was getting hairy in here. Now, I am not sure how much info you have on any convo CXJ and NWP had or not, but there was a convo from another site. Not sure if NWP or Cory will comment on that but I was prevy to some of it and I cannot say you comment is all too correct however, we will never know unless said companies comment. Thank you for listening.

NOW next time stop writing in green on a blue background, brotha having a hard time seeing
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

Good to know, i have a thick skin as well. I appreciate that we all like to stand by our opinions, but we need to also have respect for eachother while we do it, it was getting hairy in here. Now, I am not sure how much info you have on any convo CXJ and NWP had or not, but there was a convo from another site. Not sure if NWP or Cory will comment on that but I was prevy to some of it and I cannot say you comment is all too correct however, we will never know unless said companies comment. Thank you for listening.

NOW next time stop writing in green on a blue background, brotha having a hard time seeing
lol, shoot green works good, makes me feel like a vendor lol
Originally Posted by knight_yyz
The first block plate was made years ago. Pretty sure someone made it from plexiglass. If the search function worked we could verify that. It was not marketed though. So it isn't NWP's design. The engraved Logo is NWP's design.

I don't know this for sure, but I would be willing to bet that someone like sr20den is the guy who suggested it, then a few people started making home made ones.

Check rog looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ong ago
Old 11-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

How about i just drop the whole line up?

i have 7th gen products out there. i have been the only person feeding there needs

Last edited by CXJ Performance; 11-09-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:56 PM

You shouldn't get discouraged. Surely you knew that you'd be up against a wall with this. Stick it out man. To quit now would be a major loss of faith.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by CXJ Performance
i have 7th gen products out there. i have been the only person feeding there needs
Racingline would probably have an issue with that fallacy.

So would Stillen.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Former Sponsor

i have complete faith but when you bring a product out for people just to be bashed i am so ready to just drop it and continue with other 6th gen parts that were never made and keep forward with my 7th gen products that i have been the only person to produce
Old 11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rochester
Racingline would probably have an issue with that fallacy.

i am talking about 7th gen bop plates and 7th gen phenolic spacers. i alone have been the only maker to produce these
Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Toolie

If you have sales, I say keep making them.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 PM

I was not going to chime in on this as much as I wanted to, but now I will...

...I might be the individual you are referring to.

I attempted to make one out of a white plastic butcher block a while back when the diamond plate one's were just starting to surface the Altima Org's. Aaron did not currently have his design available.

The butcher block plastic did work and sealed quite well, but I was having other issues at the time and believed it was the plastic. Instead of reinstalling it, I ended up buying one for I believe $20 shipped that was available before and during the release of NWP's first design. I purchased it from a forum member who was making them for the Altima community.

Aaron did not pioneer the BOP. He only made it pretty.

Here is the one I speak of...(installed on my car for a couple years now)

During the install:

Side by side:

Installed:

One main reason I went with this design instead of the diamond plated one's was because I wanted it to look as stock as possible and for the most part, it does.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 PM

LMAO! I found the pictures!!

The infamous plastic BOP? Maybe...

And just to clarify... this was not referred to as a BOP. It was referred to as a VIAS Delete. Just say'n...

Last edited by nismopc; 11-09-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by nismopc
LMAO! I found the pictures!!

The infamous plastic BOP? Maybe...

And just to clarify... this was not referred to as a BOP. It was referred to as a VIAS Delete. Just say'n...

Now look at what we have here.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Some more information to reference regarding BOP/Vias delete plates.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/par...covers-im.html

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/eng...s-gbjna-4.html

Two different guys were making them at the time. Usernames gbjna98 for diamond plate and km69069 for the smooth one. They did not tread on each other, were posting in same threads together and there was never an argument between the two of them as to if one copied the others design, etc.

This was all done back in early 2007. Aaron did not release the NWP plates until a year later if I am not mistaken and charged a lot more for his version due to the finish and imprinted logo. Just trying to clarify why I am finally posting. I do feel the Maxima community has been harsh on CXJ for doing nothing different than how Aaron/NWP started to produce some of his products.

Last edited by nismopc; 11-09-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Two different guys were making them at the time. Usernames gbjna98 for diamond plate and km69069 for the smooth one. They did not tread on each other, were posting in same threads together and there was never an argument between the two of them as to if one copied the others design, etc.

Thanks for the history of the originators of the bop / vias plates

made my year big time!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 PM

This was all done back in early 2007. Aaron did not release the NWP plates until a year later if I am not mistaken and charged a lot more for his version due to the finish and imprinted logo. Just trying to clarify why I am finally posting. I do feel the Maxima community has been harsh on CXJ for doing nothing different than how Aaron/NWP started to produce some of his products.

NOW THAT'S A TALL GLASS OF WTF, dang schyte just got real son
Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks once again!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Toolie

I actually remember a thread where someone used clear plexi or lexan and a Ron of sealant. LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Toolie

*ton not Ron. Jeesh, autocorrect sucks on the mobile site when you can't edit.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:29 PM

i am talking about 7th gen bop plates and 7th gen phenolic spacers. i alone have been the only maker to produce these
But theres no proof they do anything.. In your other thread, it is claimed they lower underhood temps by 40 degrees, but the IM is plastic though?

With no proof, where did you get 40 degrees from?

We're left to assume you took NWP's numbers and changed it a little.

So theres another problem...
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ES_Kev
But theres no proof they do anything.. In your other thread, it is claimed they lower underhood temps by 40 degrees, but the IM is plastic though?

With no proof, where did you get 40 degrees from?

We're left to assume you took NWP's numbers and changed it a little.

So theres another problem...
my 7th gen spacers are still out for testing and you are very correct about my 7th gen spacers. I should go and not erase the claim but state that it has not yet been proven. the case in point in this thread is that I and I alone have been the only person to create 7th gen bop plates and 7th gen phenolic spacers.

please read my 7th gen bop plate threads. they have been proven to increase hp by 7 and there is added torque increase of 4.3

thank you

Cory

Last edited by CXJ Performance; 11-10-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

How about i just drop the whole line up?
As stated, I think that it needs to be a thing where you all come together and work out the issues for one. For two, get some originality and go from there. Word on the street is theres a copy of ANOTHER product in the works smh,

NOW THAT'S A TALL GLASS OF WTF, dang schyte just got real son
How?

I actually remember a thread where someone used clear plexi or lexan and a Ron of sealant. LOL
I remember the white one that he posted, couldnt remember who had it
Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Former Sponsor

I was not going to chime in on this as much as I wanted to, but now I will...

...I might be the individual you are referring to.

I attempted to make one out of a white plastic butcher block a while back when the diamond plate one's were just starting to surface the Altima Org's. Aaron did not currently have his design available.

The butcher block plastic did work and sealed quite well, but I was having other issues at the time and believed it was the plastic. Instead of reinstalling it, I ended up buying one for I believe $20 shipped that was available before and during the release of NWP's first design. I purchased it from a forum member who was making them for the Altima community.

Aaron did not pioneer the BOP. He only made it pretty.

Here is the one I speak of...(installed on my car for a couple years now)

During the install:

Side by side:

Installed:

One main reason I went with this design instead of the diamond plated one's was because I wanted it to look as stock as possible and for the most part, it does.
history
Old 11-10-2011, 06:20 AM

As stated, I think that it needs to be a thing where you all come together and work out the issues for one. For two, get some originality and go from there. Word on the street is theres a copy of ANOTHER product in the works smh,

How?

How? I only say this because, it has been implied on more than one occasion that NWP was the only pioneer of this, that all.

That butcher block one is interesting to say the least . As per originallity, NWP CANT claim that anylonger, history lesson is there. As per another product in the works, we know NWP has enlisted spies, so don't ever trust the streets you cant believe everything you hear
Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Go ahead... try me

When are you guys gonna give that "copying this and that" BS a rest? This thread was made for him to advertise his product and provide dyno sheets or his gains. If members had questions about THIS product, then they should post them HERE. This shouldn't be about anyone's opinion of what each vendor is doing. Grow the **** up and give things a rest.

HAM - you've been stirring crap for a while and you do need to quit it. Let Cory do his thing and move on. It's nice to support someone, but to keep mentioning other vendors and crap to start shouldn't be done in this thread. Move it to PMs if you need to.

EVERYONE ELSE - Another company came up with a similar product on the market for people to buy. This is how the world works: a product exists and becomes the only one available. Soon after, another company makes a similar product, or as some call it a "Generic Version", and not long after, ANOTHER company makes a third similar product. This is how the world works and that's how the market works with ANY product.

Main point: Get over whatever ego, hate, negativity or issues you have and and deal with it on your own terms. If you wanted to act like kids and argue, take it to PMs and stop ruining a vendor's thread.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:43 AM

Interesting on how a thread about intake spacers turned into talk about vias delete block-off plates.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by DEADBOLT
When are you guys gonna give that "copying this and that" BS a rest? This thread was made for him to advertise his product and provide dyno sheets or his gains. If members had questions about THIS product, then they should post them HERE. This shouldn't be about anyone's opinion of what each vendor is doing. Grow the **** up and give things a rest.

HAM - you've been stirring crap for a while and you do need to quit it. Let Cory do his thing and move on. It's nice to support someone, but to keep mentioning other vendors and crap to start shouldn't be done in this thread. Move it to PMs if you need to.

EVERYONE ELSE - Another company came up with a similar product on the market for people to buy. This is how the world works: a product exists and becomes the only one available. Soon after, another company makes a similar product, or as some call it a "Generic Version", and not long after, ANOTHER company makes a third similar product. This is how the world works and that's how the market works with ANY product.

Main point: Get over whatever ego, hate, negativity or issues you have and and deal with it on your own terms. If you wanted to act like kids and argue, take it to PMs and stop ruining a vendor's thread.
Listen, I didn't start the hate or start the stirring of the pot, I started the DEFENSE and the reality tour tha has ensued. This whole thread is about other companies, I am not the only one mentioning it or started mentioning it., Lots of people have supporters as we can see the other copmany has plenty. Not Sure how you say I am stirring the POT, I know my post last night might have irked you but should the truth not be out there?

All else I agree
Old 11-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Former Sponsor

How?

there will be no other products offered for the 5th gens nor is there any in the works. my focus is on the newer altimas and maximas with products that have never been done

please pm me if you need rumors confirmed or not

thanks

Cory
Old 11-10-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Interesting on how a thread about intake spacers turned into talk about vias delete block-off plates.

Agreed, this the BEST install thread of all time
Old 11-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Chocolate_Boi_1Der

How? I only say this because, it has been implied on more than one occasion that NWP was the only pioneer of this, that all.

That butcher block one is interesting to say the least . As per originallity, NWP CANT claim that anylonger, history lesson is there. As per another product in the works, we know NWP has enlisted spies, so don't ever trust the streetsCOMON SON, you get the ED LOVER GAS FACE FOR THAT ONE. Talking about ponyboy clashez lol you cant believe everything you hear
I think the line has blurred between spacers and the plates dukes, real talk
exactly
Agreed, this the BEST install thread of all time
+1
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 AM

Guys, I knew this would occur and this is why I attempted to stay out of the whole debate, but all I kept seeing was CXJ getting thrashed for anything 5.5 gen related because he wasn't the pioneer of said products.

Well, apparently neither are all the products offered by other vendors as I was able to provide details around regarding the VIAS Delete.

I attempted to put things into perspective and get this whole debate cleared up without trying to take sides.

I feel CXJ is doing the right thing by walking away from the debate and discontinuing development of products for 5.5 gens due to the back lashing that he has endured over the past couple weeks.

I also feel that BOTH CXJ and NWP(Aaron) provide great quality products.

It should be left to the buyer to which product they feel is the better fit to them based on price, their perception of quality, and their loyalty. But I do not feel the buyer should be the one thrashing said products because more than one vendor has them available.

I do not feel CXJ did anything wrong and I agree 100% with DEADBOLT's comments. This has gotten out of hand and is completely ridiculous.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 AM

I think the line has blurred between spacers and the plates dukes, real talk

exactly
+1
"COMON SON, you get the ED LOVER GAS FACE FOR THAT ONE. Talking about ponyboy clashez lol"

I Seriously LOL'd OUT LOUD hahahaha

Agreed about the lines being blurred, and as stated EPIC thread, I vote Thread of the year 2011.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Okay well this sucks, but this is being locked for review. Will reopen in a day or so.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Reopening for now. Back on topic and please keep the discussion to the product at hand.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:01 PM

Hmax, did you get yours installed yet, with before and after dyno runs with runflies?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Hmax, did you get yours installed yet, with before and after dyno runs with runflies?
I should be getting them installed in the next few days. I have a CVT transmission, so a Dyno is irrelevant, you know that whole 1:1 ratio thingy . As stated by sparks a 6mt is better to dyno to compensate for transmission shifts/spikes or something like that and thus yield a better run. Remember we have no shifts in a CVT, it just one long AZZ roar. Anything less than a 6mt dyno will not please the gods of 5th gen section. I currently do not plan to try and have my car dyno'd, however I do plan to take plenty of pictures of the install and comment of quality and the all MIGHTY BUTT dyno

Thank you for checking in and I hope you have a wonderful day.

NINJA EDIT, I am 5'8, lmaoooooo
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM

I should be getting them installed in the next few days. I have a CVT transmission, so a Dyno is irrelevant, you know that whole 1:1 ratio thingy . As stated by sparks a 6mt is better to dyno to compensate for transmission shifts/spikes or something like that and thus yield a better run. Remember we have no shifts in a CVT, it just one long AZZ roar. Anything less than a 6mt dyno will not please the gods of 5th gen section. I currently do not plan to try and have my car dyno'd, however I do plan to take plenty of pictures of the install and comment of quality and the all MIGHTY BUTT dyno

Thank you for checking in and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Perhaps a before and after video at the dragstrip then?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 PM

Perhaps a before and after video at the dragstrip then?
That sounds do able, down her in NYC, we call it I-95

Edit - would that suffice?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:18 PM

That sounds do able, down her in NYC, we call it I-95
I-95 runs through my town too

Quick Reply: 02-06 3.5vq thermal spacers - 3pc kit Install