5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:18 PM

When i get into my car,and turn the key to acc i hear a relay click and my fuel pump kick on then the click and my fuel pump stops.(priming) my car starts perfectly.

sometimes i get into my car,turn to acc. i hear the click,my fuel pump turns on,i dont hear a click and my fuel pump turns off. my car struggles to start (5seconds i stop if it doesnt catch) i back the ign. to the off posistion and start over.

Acc. i hear a click fuel pump runs, i hear a click, fuel pump stops priming, and it kicks right over....
it starts perfect on the second start always. cuz it clicks when shutting of the F.P. after. priming.. its like when it finishes priming the relay shuts off causing the.check valve to release the pressure. but when i clicks, its stopping the F.P but still supplying power to allow the.check valve

sorry hit send by acciedent.. but yea its losing power and releasing pressure the first try... i lost my train of thought now... Sh*t.... Hope someone can steer me in the right direction.. what is the relay u hear clicking in the fuse panel? fuel pump fuse?? ign.??? as soon as i put it.in acc. u can hear the click,and the fuel pump run.. then u should hear it turn off and the relay click again. only i hear it click,fuel pump run then the pump stops and no click.. back to off position, back to acc click,F.P. run,click, F.P. off, perfect start..... help this is the last bug with my car!! Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by getflushed
When i get into my car,and turn the key to acc i hear a relay click and my fuel pump kick on then the click and my fuel pump stops.(priming) my car starts perfectly.

sometimes i get into my car,turn to acc. i hear the click,my fuel pump turns on,i dont hear a click and my fuel pump turns off. my car struggles to start (5seconds i stop if it doesnt catch) i back the ign. to the off posistion and start over.

Acc. i hear a click fuel pump runs, i hear a click, fuel pump stops priming, and it kicks right over....
it starts perfect on the second start always. cuz it clicks when shutting of the F.P. after. priming.. its like when it finishes priming the relay shuts off causing the.check valve to release the pressure. but when i clicks, its stopping the F.P but still supplying power to allow the.check valve

Last edited by NmexMAX; 12-21-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 AM

Check relays. Just switch em out with another one and could be a fuel pressure regulator.